ADVERTISEMENT

Good news starts at noon tomorrow...

I have no reason to believe he won’t come to Kentucky. The kid could barely think of other schools. What a waste of time as Marshall and that show are awful. I’m glad Burks got the platform though from training at House of Athlete. He may never be a great interview but things like this and the exposure at UK will help prepare him off the court.

That was a hard place to put the kid that’s not a good speaker yet. Having to talk about UK where it’s obvious he’s planning to go but him not directly say it.

These podcasts/shows will drag viewers as much as they can. We saw it with HD and that terrible podcast. I saw where Bradshaw looked to be back in NJ last night. I’m assuming outside of some number of camp appearances there’s a date(probably next week) where they will start classes/practicing. I would guess he announces Monday down in Florida and then moves in here in short order afterwards.

I've never pretended like everything is great. Crapping all over things isn't helping though. I find this very rude and unfair to a guy who has signed on to play for us. Time well tell how productive he turns out to be. Grievously insulting him before he even gets here because people hate Cal is not too cool in my book.
He’s a 3* recruit playing for UK and Cal is the coach. Give me any other coach and I would love the pick up, but this kid is going to get forgotten about… . literally. He will definitely be transfer fodder.

It’s not a dig at the player.

Tubby also only went to 1 final four.

Ironically calipari also owns the 2 most successful years in history wins wise with him winning 38 games twice.

It makes you wonder what the hell happened to him?

He always had his warts but last 3 years have been like a different person.
If Cal didn’t go to the NIT in 2013, lose to Evansville at home, orchestrate the worst season in program history, follow it up with the worst NCAAT loss in program history, have a losing record against ranked teams and shit on the fans while screwing the program, I would never say Tubby's run was better, but it is. The only thing Cal has over Tub, is the final 4 talley.

UK should never miss the tournament, never go 9-16 and be a farm system for the NBA.

It's wild too. We want 5 star talent but we don't want them to be freshmen. We want transfers but we want them to be 5 star talent (when the majority of 5 star talents don't play a 2nd year). We want continuity of roster but also want the best players who aren't likely to stay more than one year.

I think what 'we' really want is to revert to a time where the best players stayed 3-4 years and that just isn't going to happen. So the beatings will continue until morale improves?
We have 7 players. Of those 7 players, 5 are freshmen and the other 2 are sophomores that rarely played. You can't seriously be miffed at why UK fans are greatly concerned.

You need a couple of game changers for THIS YEAR, 3* kids under Cal, will do this team no good this year. You get that, right?

you may not believe this but I am not arrogant enough to think we should be in final 4 every year...you dudes are spoiled by 2011-2017...thats not sustainable in college basketball today...nobody has that run

Woke up at 1pm hoping for good news on the roster and crickets. The only good news I’m waiting for from now on is breaking CAL stepping down from KY.

Reactions: bigbluedon
We have 7 players. Of those 7 players, 5 are freshmen and the other 2 are sophomores that rarely played. You can't seriously be miffed at why UK fans are greatly concerned.

You need a couple of game changers for THIS YEAR, 3* kids under Cal, will do this team no good this year. You get that, right?
But that is all that (might) come here now. The portal transfers just laughed at Cal. Hunter wanted to go to the derby on UK’s dime, he was never coming here.

Reactions: kyjeff1
you may not believe this but I am not arrogant enough to think we should be in final 4 every year...you dudes are spoiled by 2011-2017...thats not sustainable in college basketball today...nobody has that run
Nobody is saying we should be in the FF every year. WTF are you talking about?

We're the bluest of the blue bloods, we have the highest paid coach, we have the largest fanbase and we have the most * talent every year, should we not expect to at least be a damn threat to reach a FF every year???

You act like Cal has been killing it, do you seriously see no reason to complain?

But that is all that (might) come here now. The portal transfers just laughed at Cal. Hunter wanted to go to the derby on UK’s dime, he was never coming here.
And we're supposed to be excited about UK basketball. We’re supposed to act like everything is great.
We have some real oblivious idiots in this fanbase.

Reactions: Caintuk
Nobody is saying we should be in the FF every year. WTF are you talking about?

We're the bluest of the blue bloods, we have the highest paid coach, we have the largest fanbase and we have the most * talent every year, should we not expect to at least be a damn threat to reach a FF every year???

You act like Cal has been killing it, do you seriously see no reason to complain?
oh I see reason to complain and I do so...but not every single thread on this board should migrate to Cal

If Cal didn’t go to the NIT in 2013, lose to Evansville at home, orchestrate the worst season in program history, follow it up with the worst NCAAT loss in program history, have a losing record against ranked teams and shit on the fans while screwing the program, I would never say Tubby's run was better, but it is. The only thing Cal has over Tub, is the final 4 talley.

UK should never miss the tournament, never go 9-16 and be a farm system for the NBA.

What about Joe B? Do you rank Tubby ahead of him too?

Based on your criteria you have to as he missed ncaa 3 times and had a pretty awful 13-13 season himself.

oh I see reason to complain and I do so...but not every single thread on this board should migrate to Cal
Okay, tell me what we should be talking about that is positive.

Cal controls everything in this program and right now, everything is a fu**ing mess. Every aspect of this program is either charred, or in flames and Cal is the one in control.

But by all means, tell me what is good with this program right now.

What about Joe B? Do you rank Tubby ahead of him too?

Based on your criteria you have to as he missed ncaa 3 times and had a pretty awful 13-13 season himself.
I do put Tubby ahead of Joe B as a head coach, but as a stalwart in the program, Joe B is miles ahead.

He’s a 3* recruit playing for UK and Cal is the coach. Give me any other coach and I would love the pick up, but this kid is going to get forgotten about… . literally. He will definitely be transfer fodder.

You may not have made a direct dig at the player but I don't think my post you initially responded to was about you. There are others who were directly slamming Burks as no good.

What was the good news?
That the Reds rallied down 8-3 to the mighty Dodgers and walked off on them 9-8 bot 9 in Cincy.
Oh and Rookie Matt McClain is batting .341.
Oh and #1 Prospect De La Cruz was called up from L’Ville and hit a rocket gapper double and walked twice.
Oh and Rookie Lefty SP Abbott’s line hasnt happened before in Cincy by a Southpaw in at least 130 yrs (circa 1893).

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix

Some people will never see it. They're either slow or not UK fans.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I do put Tubby ahead of Joe B as a head coach, but as a stalwart in the program, Joe B is miles ahead.
A Title, a Runner up, an NIT Title, 3 Final 4's 6 elite 8's, and 8 SEC titles in 13 years? I like Tubby but I don't get this one.

Cal controls everything in this program and right now, everything is a fu**ing mess. Every aspect of this program is either charred, or in flames and Cal is the one in control.

Talk about hyperbole. If you don't realize this an exaggeration I'm not sure how it is possible to communicate with you.

Last edited:

honestly now..do you really think Cal is gonna let the season begin with 7 players??? that would be neglecting his job which I'm sure is fireable...you think that is gonna happen

On this board? Most comments I’ve seen have been positive about Burks & Hart & their future potential, with ppl being happy that Calipari is finally getting some developmental players. The complaining is bc we have 7 players on June 7 who are all FR, or, SO with next to no CBB experience & those two recruits won’t be much help, immediately.

And, we desperately need a cpl guys, with experience, who can play NOW. Burks & Hart are welcomed additions. It’s nothing against them. But, they do nothing to change the current situation we’re in, aside from making it 9 players with very little to no CBB experience, instead of 7. And, ppl have every right to be pissed & complain about it. It takes a special level of negligence to find yourself in this position, as a coach. No excuse for it.
Well said.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
honestly now..do you really think Cal is gonna let the season begin with 7 players??? that would be neglecting his job which I'm sure is fireable...you think that is gonna happen
Did you think Sharpe wouldn't play?

It's like we rewinded 15 years when Tubby couldn't convince 3 star Tyrone Nash to pick UK over a prep school. Tubby was washed and everyone knew it just like everyone knows Cal is washed. At least when it became clear to Tubby that he no longer had it, he left on his own accord. Cal won't leave because he's greedy.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
god Uk fans are just horrible. Who cares that he changed it to Monday .
The truly great news is that you'll have an extra 5 days to work out roster projections.

I'll get you started, @caneintally :

C - Onyenso
F - Bradshaw
F - Edwards - - Thiero - Burks
G - Wagner - Hart
G - Dillingham - Sheppard

Or, if you're a little more daring...

C - Onyenso
F - Bradshaw - (wait for it...)
Burks!!!
F - Edwards - Thiero
G - Wagner - Hart
G - Dillingham - Sheppard

You've got 5 days to iron that out, brother. Get on it. BBN is counting on you...

A Title, a Runner up, an NIT Title, 3 Final 4's 6 elite 8's, and 8 SEC titles in 13 years? I like Tubby but I don't get this one.
NIT's man, NIT's. UK should never miss the tournament.

Final 4's just mean you just won your region. Not all ff runs are equal.

Reactions: TFCats11
Talk about hyperbole. If you don't realize this an exaggeration I'm not sure how it is possible to communicate with you.
I have no idea what you're talking about. What exaggeration are you referring to?

We have 4 of the top 8 freshman in the country. They will all be game changers. You get that, right?

Reactions: grevey35
Uh, no, I don't think we will end up with only 7 players, but what quality players are left?
You don't see the issue here?

I never said we would end up with 7 players, what I AM saying is, we're screwed because Cal has no good options available now, he waited too long and the promises he made to the freshmen to get them here, are haunting him now. So now, he is forced to fill out the roster with a bunch of 3* kids. That’s a big problem.

The bigger problem is, those 3* kids are probably going to be high school kids. Think about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT