ADVERTISEMENT

Good news starts at noon tomorrow...

Burns will be neutral news like adding theiro last year. We need immediate contributors
Well Cal missed or removed his name from consideration from all the obvious immediate contributors so this is who we’re left with.

It beats going into the season with a 7 man roster but it certainly could’ve much better if Cal didn’t hold out for all these players who don’t want to play for him.

I’ve noticed that a lot of the same people who whine and cry constantly that Cal doesn’t use enough of his scholarships for depth are now whining and crying that he’s signing one or two 3-star players.

Some people just like to whine and cry. The born losers.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that a lot of the same people who whine and cry constantly that Cal doesn’t use enough of his scholarships for depth are now whining and crying that he’s signing one or two 3-star players.

C'mon man!.... (doing my best Biden imitation) You are smart enough to see this team is woefully undermanned right now with 7 schools guys. Would LOVE to have the next 2 dudes the prognosticators say will be at UK, but these guys aren't immediate help. There is LEGIT reason to complain about Cal's depth issues from the past, and this coming season so far.

On this board? Most comments I’ve seen have been positive about Burks & Hart & their future potential, with ppl being happy that Calipari is finally getting some developmental players. The complaining is bc we have 7 players on June 7 who are all FR, or, SO with next to no CBB experience & those two recruits won’t be much help, immediately.

And, we desperately need a cpl guys, with experience, who can play NOW. Burks & Hart are welcomed additions. It’s nothing against them. But, they do nothing to change the current situation we’re in, aside from making it 9 players with very little to no CBB experience, instead of 7. And, ppl have every right to be pissed & complain about it. It takes a special level of negligence to find yourself in this position, as a coach. No excuse for it.

People at least get the name right Burks not Burns
mr burns GIF

People forgot what normal recruiting is like - even at big schools other than UK - in the Cal era. There are 3-star guys on the bench at just about every major program, even some starters .... but at UK, in the Cal era, UK fans on this message board expect 4 and 5-star players from 1-10 on the roster .... uber-spoiled by the 2015 season/roster.

People forgot what normal recruiting is like - even at big schools other than UK - in the Cal era. There are 3-star guys on the bench at just about every major program, even some starters .... but at UK, in the Cal era, UK fans on this message board expect 4 and 5-star players from 1-10 on the roster .... uber-spoiled by the 2015 season/roster.
the fans just want a "team" to support. Not a bunch of "me" guys or guys starting that should be the 10th man or so. Askew did not belong at any Division1 school as he has proven. Wheeler was not starting material as he always had UK playing 4 on 5. Then you add on situations like Sharpe & a coach that can't tell the truth about anything, the continual losses to top teams, and the annual roster shake up, not to mention the loss of the all time wins lead..........you think the fans are proud of this crap?

Just takes a little common sense there buddy.
The reason why we are not excited about this kid, is because he’s never going to play. This is a waste of time. You have to be a legit, top shelf stud to play for Cal, anything less than that and he can't play you, because you aren't good enough to hide his lack of player development.
Not only that, but Burks is just transfer fodder. He'll soon realize he's always going to be a bench guy here.
Cal made promises to his draft picks, he had to do it to get them here and that’s why nobody good wants to come here.
Any depth Cal gets, needs to have better than 3 stars next to their name.
I wouldn’t expect you to. understand this, your love for this fraud of a coach, is blinding you and you would rather attack fans that are calling him out.

Such an ignorant post. Don't put it on the fans because we know 3* players + Cal = disaster.
With the immediate transfer portal, Burks and Hart will be gone after this season. They aren't going to play this year.
And yeah, you're gd right, we do expect 4 and 5* kids on the roster, you would be an idiot to think anything but highly ranked kids will play here under this clown. There is no player development, you are either good enough from the get go, or you're not.

Just takes a little common sense there buddy.
The reason why we are not excited about this kid, is because he’s never going to play. This is a waste of time. You have to be a legit, top shelf stud to play for Cal, anything less than that and he can't play you, because you aren't good enough to hide his lack of player development.
Not only that, but Burks is just transfer fodder. He'll soon realize he's always going to be a bench guy here.
Cal made promises to his draft picks, he had to do it to get them here and that’s why nobody good wants to come here.
Any depth Cal gets, needs to have better than 3 stars next to their name.
I wouldn’t expect you to. understand this, your love for this fraud of a coach, is blinding you and you would rather attack fans that are calling him out.
I really hope to be wrong about Burks because I think in a couple of years he could be really good but I think I read he's transferred to like 6 different schools his last two years so that doesn't instill confidence in me that he will stick around and develop under Cal, who most players can't get away from fast enough.

Burns will be neutral news like adding theiro last year. We need immediate contributors
Yeah adding guys like that is nice for the future, essential to get them and keep them if you want to build a strong program. But it doesn't address the immediate problem. We have crazy talent coming in and there's too likely a chance it'll be wasted because we don't have experience and depth to support them.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
These are the type players we were begging Cal to take 6-7 yrs ago …but we don’t necessarily want them now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT