ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

As opposed to what? Assumed everyone was taught that from the 1st time they picked up a club.
I see guys having the whole ball above the driver head and hit it long. Depends on your own swing type. There is no right or wrong. It’s whatever works best for you.

Reactions: Tskware
Guarantee it doesn't work too well for you though.
Now what makes you think that? You have no idea who I am or how I play golf? But, you are right, I never tee it up that high, just noted that I know guys that do. Not sure why you have such a hardon for me.

Now what makes you think that? You have no idea who I am or how I play golf? But, you are right, I never tee it up that high, just noted that I know guys that do. Not sure why you have such a hardon for me.
Don’t worry, it’s the norm for him. Think he has little bald guy syndrome or something, idk..

Heading to Colorado this weekend for a golf trip with a buddy who lives in Avon.

Playing Country Club of the Rockies and EagleVail so far. Playing Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

TBCF...when are you going to try and play at Champions? I am thinking of Sunday afternoon the 12th. If this works for you then
I will call them and give both our names. Text me if this works.

TBCF...when are you going to try and play at Champions? I am thinking of Sunday afternoon the 12th. If this works for you then
I will call them and give both our names. Text me if this works.

Let me check. Sounds good. Just have to make sure the wife doesn’t have plans for us already.

88 yesterday with 37 putts at Country Club of the Rockies. Pretty fun Nicklaus design. 75 slope, about 7500 yards. Greens were rolling at a 12 per the club pro :rolleyes: but who knows how official any of these numbers are.

But yea, the greens were absurdly fast.

EagleVail tomorrow, Gypsum on Sunday, and then CC of the R again Monday it looks like.

Was fun hitting drives 50 yards short of drxman even in the high altitude though.

He looks worn out to me. Could be a rough stretch for him with all of the tournaments he is playing in the next month.

He hit some of the worst golf shots I have ever witnessed by a professional on Saturday. Not what you are expecting to see at this point, especially on one of his favorite courses.

According to the Madisonville Messenger the winner of the 1st Flight of the Barron was 5 under(misprint?) and the winner of the 3rd Flight had a lower score than the winner of the 2nd. Interesting. Hope to be able to play next year.

Not a misprint -- anyone not playing Champ is essentially playing from the Ladies Tees -- they made that move a few years ago in the interest of pace of play...as 6 hour rounds were becoming more and more common. 210 players, w/ 2 waves has the course packed all day...and 80% of those players aren't used to real tournament golf in those types of conditions (which weren't present this year, btw. Greens were timid). It's really helped.

Some jackass shot 64 in the first flight last year. I don't care if it's from the Ladies tees or if you get a free drop from the 100 yard marker on every hole to hit into the green in regulation, if you can shoot mid/low 60s under any circumstances you need to be playing Champ Flight.

What is the purpose behind even having someone declare? Take the Saturday score and Flight accordingly. The 1st Flight winner was 5 shots behind the winner. That’s bs.

This wack tournament y’all speak so highly of sounds like a crock of shit, glad I didn’t waste my time.

Sand bagging has always been a huge problem. It is the main reason I have seldom played in many tournaments. In the Carolinas, we have interclub play, which is match play, which I enjoy.and still you have to deal with inflated handicaps. I know guys that have sand bagged on Saturday in club championships in the third flight,just to win a small trophy. Mind boggling.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
What is the purpose behind even having someone declare? Take the Saturday score and Flight accordingly. The 1st Flight winner was 5 shots behind the winner. That’s bs.

You can't compare the 1st flight to the Champ flight, as they played an ENTIRELY different golf course. Have you ever played in an Invitational before? Apparently not, b/c every comment you make about the tournament is misplaced.

Championship flight is 50 deep w/ the people trying to win the Tournament & playing from the Tips (aka, different tees). 1K Cash prize, Trophy, and you can also play the Shootout which is the most fun part of the weekend. Also, the Calcutta Auction Saturday night is for Champ Flight only.

Like most any Invitational, the 'other' flights are for the rest of the field, playing from up tees, most of which are just playing to have fun (or sandbag) and maybe win some clubs. Sandbagging is present at every club & every flighted tournament in the world, nothing you can do about that.

-The tournament is absolutely fantastic, and loaded...which is why it attracts so many great players year after year. Tub would want no part of being exposed, I promise.

Last edited:
Stopped playing tourneys due to the ridiculous amount of cheating that goes on. Even hate playing in dogfights now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT