ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Sandbagging is a joke but theres not much you can do about it. Just go out and play the best golf you can play and be happy with whatever results come from it. Playing in invitationals or any tournament for that matter is so much better for your game than just playing 18 with your friends. It will also expose you and put you to the test real quick. Be careful to criticize any tournament scores if you're not willing to play yourself. I would say the average amateur would see a 5-6 stroke increase under tournament conditions.

Reactions: parrott
What did you shoot in the Open?

-Headed back to the AP2. Actually a combo set w/ Ap1 3-5, and Ap2 6-P. Anyone need a bargain on some Mizuno MP54's?

3-PW, KBS Tour 120 Stiff (put in last summer). Sweet spots are in mostly great shape. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Course was set up probably easier than y’alls non champ invitational tees. I almost withdrew, but at least they were playing it down.

What did you shoot in the Open?

-Headed back to the AP2. Actually a combo set w/ Ap1 3-5, and Ap2 6-P. Anyone need a bargain on some Mizuno MP54's?

3-PW, KBS Tour 120 Stiff (put in last summer). Sweet spots are in mostly great shape. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I loved my MP54's but developed some back issues and the shafts were too heavy (130 stiff). So, I decided to change to the 718 AP2's with 110 KBS Tour shafts and really like them. Went with 6-P and got AP1's 4-5. Been a good setup for me. Sort of thought about getting a driving iron but just not sure yet.

Ryder Cup at large picks will be interesting. Is Stenson healthy? Casey and Garcia struggling. Phil playing poorly lately. Dechambeau is a head case. Who ya got as Captains picks?

Tiger and Kisner for sure. Phil will get the old guy/last Ryder Cup sympathy spot.

I would pick Bryson to get him some experience since he is going to be needed in the future Ryder Cup events. Tiger likes him and will have a lot of say to include him.

UKO was served some major crow regarding Tiger over the last few months. I hope he enjoyed & continues to, as it's just getting started.

-As much as I go back and forth on him, Bryson seems basically MADE for a Ryder Cup.

Ryder Cup.

US. Tiger is a lock. Phil, tough call, he’s 10th in points but his play is going downhill as the year progresses but he same could have been said last year before the President’s Cup. Does Furyk have the balls to leave him off? Not sure. If DeChambeau plays well the next few tourneys before the picks are made I think he is selected. Agree on Kisner. But same can be said for Finau who I think would thrive in RC. Right now, I’d say Tiger, Kisner, Finau and DeChambeau.

European, I think he takes Knox and Poulter and Cabrera Bello.

Right now, I’d say Tiger, Kisner, Finau and DeChambeau..
I don't see any way Phil gets left off, whether he should is another story. Rest of the guys that didn't qualify are playing for two spots, IMO. There were some guys watching yesterday rooting hard for Tiger to win and move into that top 8.

Has one actually witnessed the greatness that is Drain the Tub ? My god, dude is a legend in his own mind. Talks so much shit, but NEVER puts his money where his ass is. Put up, or STFU, simple really.

Yeah, the Eli is a backwoods no name tourney,,, that you would get your ass handed to you if you ever go down to Madisonville and compete in it.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
I don't see any way Phil gets left off, whether he should is another story. Rest of the guys that didn't qualify are playing for two spots, IMO. There were some guys watching yesterday rooting hard for Tiger to win and move into that top 8.

I can’t really argue that point. If I had to bet I’d say he picks Phil unless Phil just plays horribly here on out. I’d say Bryson gets Phil-ed this year.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Who I want it to be:
Tiger
Kisner
Finau
Kuchar

Who it will be:
Tiger
Mickeltits
DeChambeau
Kisner

Finau has definitely become one of my favorite golfers. Just wish he can start winning soon. By all accounts is a tremendous guy and anyone who can dislocate their ankle and then go out and place a top 10 in the Masters in the same week is pretty tough in my book.

I'd hate to see Finau left off. Think he's at or near a Top 7 US player right now. Hoping it will be

Tiger
Finau
Kisner
Mickelson ( he's struggling but he's a great teammate and I think his experience will be needed on foreign soil.)

Has one actually witnessed the greatness that is Drain the Tub ? My god, dude is a legend in his own mind. Talks so much shit, but NEVER puts his money where his ass is. Put up, or STFU, simple really.

Yeah, the Eli is a backwoods no name tourney,,, that you would get your ass handed to you if you ever go down to Madisonville and compete in it.
Yea ok. For the 12th time, I’m not a big fan of meeting strangers off the internet and also I don’t need catpaws’ approval of my golf game. I’ve been on here long enough to know there are some real psychos lurking in these waters. Otherwise I would happily take all of your welfare checks.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
There might be 1 or 2 itt that would stand a chance on an off day and that’s a fact jack, wether u want to believe it or not. U don’t have to get mad because u can’t break 90, simple really.

There might be 1 or 2 itt that would stand a chance on an off day and that’s a fact jack, wether u want to believe it or not. U don’t have to get mad because u can’t break 90, simple really.

Guarantee there are several on here that could beat you when they are having an off day.

Lots of good people in this thread and I’ve made several friends from this board that I play with frequently.

Of course I never trash talked about a game I could never back up in person. So stay anonymous.

[laughing] Don’t worry, I plan to. Unless an off day is mid 70’s, I guarantee you there’s not. Funny how the double digit handicappers are always the first to chime in when they should be at the range.

[laughing] Don’t worry, I plan to. Unless an off day is mid 70’s, I guarantee you there’s not. Funny how the double digit handicappers are always the first to chime in when they should be at the range.

Well I know a couple on here that an off day is mid 70s. So I stand by my statement. But you keep being you and entertaining us with you’re keyboard golf game.

Drain Drain, LOFL. Ok Ace, even the World Class guys have a off day higher than mid 70's. So mid 70's is a bad round for you ? Just being honest, it is to the point now where it is not even funny to me anymore clowning you.

Funny how the people who talk a world class game but never show their face to back it up are always the first one to get clowned on daily on a sports message board.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
And give me one good reason I’d want to “show my face” and prove myself to clowns like you, who obviously take a message board way too seriously? This place is purely entertainment for me as I have a life and plenty of golfing buddies. Notice the good golfers aren’t biting..

To follow up on a previous post (not that anyone cares) I went with the Odyssey #2W putter. So far I've just practiced with it. Nice weight (for me) and I also went with the black shaft and mid-sized grip. I like it.
putters-2017-o-works-black-2w-ss____1.png

Reactions: bigbluedrew
To follow up on a previous post (not that anyone cares) I went with the Odyssey #2W putter. So far I've just practiced with it. Nice weight (for me) and I also went with the black shaft and mid-sized grip. I like it.

putters-2017-o-works-black-2w-ss____1.png

I got the #1W earlier this year. Love that thing. My lag putting has gotten much better.

Sticks came in yesterday. Lol at the AP1, not so sure about that...thought I wanted a little help on my 3-4 iron, but those things are Fat AF, w/ a hint of offset. :angry:

Murder off a tee, but unsure if I'll be able to game something like that in a normal round, we'll see. Maybe should have looked at the AP3 for a few long irons instead, or just stuck w/ a normal set.

AP2s are predictably butter tho. A little heavier than my Mizunos, which I think I'll like -- haven't played DG (s300) in years, so gonna wait a minute before I get rid of my KBS shafts.

--Also of note ----> Fired a smooth 69 Saturday in a big money game (first one of those in forever), which was to be my last round w/ my 'old' clubs, so maybe I should just send the new ones back. [eyeroll] Golf is such a touched up game.

Last edited:
Sticks came in yesterday. Lol at the AP1, not so sure about that...thought I wanted a little help on my 3-4 iron, but those things are Fat AF, w/ a hint of offset. :angry:

Murder off a tee, but unsure if I'll be able to game something like that in a normal round, we'll see. Maybe should have looked at the AP3 for a few long irons instead, or just stuck w/ a normal set.

AP2s are predictably butter tho. A little heavier than my Mizunos, which I think I'll like -- haven't played DG (s300) in years, so gonna wait a minute before I get rid of my KBS shafts.
If you like to work the ball, you will not care of the AP1's. I only use them for 4-5 iron just to get more distance and tad more forgiveness. AP3 may be a better choice for you. Less fat looking for sure. AP2's are great but I still like my Mizuno's better. Next set of irons will be going back to them.

Thought about trying out those new TM driving irons coming out. As inconsistent as my Driver is it may be a good alternative for me. Anything to give me confidence off the tee box would be a big plus right now.

Funny that Sneds rope hooked his drive off #1 yesterday, and made bogey en-route to his 59. I'd bet 8 of my best 10 rounds I've bogeyed the first hole (or more/worse).

The best round I ever shot, I bogeyed the first two holes, which are two of the easiest on the course. It is a F'ed up game for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT