ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

BTW - that software, Golf Genius is great for leagues and even buddy trips. Used it on ours for the last 5 years and it saves a hell of a lot time on pairings, games, payouts, etc.

Highly recommend.

Golf is such a dumb game sometimes. I shot 78,81,79 3 straight rounds earlier this summer. Last 3 have been 88,84,88 (needed 3 straight pars just to shoot 88). Hopefully to get back to low 80's.

Anyone use the Golf Pad app? I downloaded it and have used it for 7 rounds. I really like it. $20 for a year. It's pretty accurate with distances. You can save your scores. It also allows you to track shots, so you can see how far you're hitting each club.

New PXG driving iron looks great. Cost you an arm and a leg but could help some out there.
PXG0311X.jpg

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pxg-0311x-offers-a-wider-soled-driving-iron-option

They had PXG out the wazoo at New York Golf Center in Chelsea when I was there last month -- felt like a little kid holding them in my hand. Just beautiful.

Full sets, Woods, an entire bag of wedges at like $650 each ([laughing]), etc.

They also had the Miura irons, which looked sweet as well. 100+ Scotty's, tour putters, etc -- all lined around the putting green for sampling and not behind a locked case as is usually the case.

Any golfer should definitely stop in there if ever in the city, place is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: cawoodsct
UK golfer Cooper Musselman out of St. X wins KY OPEN at -7. Was pushed late by the low round of the week a 64.

Reactions: parrott
Ended up deciding to join Standard CC in Louisville today, in amazing shape, nice lay-out, very affordable, and > 2 miles from home. Will be a fixture on range and try to get out 3-4 days a week through Fall. ⛳️

Langer wins 10th Senior major championship. Dude is going strong at age 60. Can he get to 46 wins and break Irwin's record? Sits at 33 now. Would probably be a big ask but you never know.

That is bullshit, Mickelson pulled the same shit in a tournament earlier in the year when he hit into a mass of bushes and said he was stepping on a sprinkler head. Play it as it lies.

Honestly, think the PGA needs to take a look at enforcing the rules more stringently. you don't want a bad lie in a bunker? Well, here is a suggestion . . . don't hit it there!! Chappell was 100% correct.

That is bullshit, Mickelson pulled the same shit in a tournament earlier in the year when he hit into a mass of bushes and said he was stepping on a sprinkler head. Play it as it lies.

Honestly, think the PGA needs to take a look at enforcing the rules more stringently. you don't want a bad lie in a bunker? Well, here is a suggestion . . . don't hit it there!! Chappell was 100% correct.
Have it agree.

I like Hoffman, but his reputation took a hit today. Even if he was technically able to get away with a free drop, it's a real bad look for him.

Any recommendations on a good push cart for walking? The prices vary pretty drastically, looking for something foldable, and can manage a cart bag. Or, is the real play to invest in a carry/stand bag? Looking to walk 18, 2-3 evenings a week.

Clicgear 3.5 plus purchased, should arrive tomorrow. Reviews were solid, thanks for the recommendation. Couldn't resist buying a couple dozen Snell MTB while online also, interested to see how they play.

If your in the market for some gear, Golf Headquarters was setting up tents for their big sale which starts Thursday.

Clicgear 3.5 plus purchased, should arrive tomorrow. Reviews were solid, thanks for the recommendation. Couldn't resist buying a couple dozen Snell MTB while online also, interested to see how they play.

If your in the market for some gear, Golf Headquarters was setting up tents for their big sale which starts Thursday.
I have a Clicgear (different model) and have had no issues with it. You will be pleased. Always loved carrying my bag until back issues forced me to put on a push cart. I have talked about the Snell MTB ball on here several times. I will be surprised if you do not like it. Personally, its the best ball I have ever played with and have gotten some of my golf buddies hooked on them as well. I do like the new Prov1X but for the price you cannot beat Snell.

Reactions: parrott
Interesting Tiger Woods story...

"Perhaps the most famous example of a player getting dangerously low with his ball supply was in the 2000 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. The second round was suspended because of fog and Tiger Woods had to finish the par-5 18th hole early Saturday morning.

The night before, he had been putting in his hotel room and forget to put the balls back into his bag. On the tee, Woods had two left – then hooked the first one into the Pacific Ocean.

Caddie Steve Williams initially didn't tell Woods they had one ball left. He did ask his boss to pull out an iron and get the third shot in play.

Woods kept the driver in his hand and hit the second ball into the fairway. Only after that did Williams tell Woods it was their last ball.

Woods went on to win the Open by a record 15 shots."

http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/g...f-balls-do-tour-pros-carry-might-be-surprised

Interesting Tiger Woods story...

"Perhaps the most famous example of a player getting dangerously low with his ball supply was in the 2000 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. The second round was suspended because of fog and Tiger Woods had to finish the par-5 18th hole early Saturday morning.

The night before, he had been putting in his hotel room and forget to put the balls back into his bag. On the tee, Woods had two left – then hooked the first one into the Pacific Ocean.

Caddie Steve Williams initially didn't tell Woods they had one ball left. He did ask his boss to pull out an iron and get the third shot in play.

Woods kept the driver in his hand and hit the second ball into the fairway. Only after that did Williams tell Woods it was their last ball.

Woods went on to win the Open by a record 15 shots."

http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/g...f-balls-do-tour-pros-carry-might-be-surprised

Holy shit. I usually have 2 dozen. LOL.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
At 5 Dozen, price is $24.95 I believe? Then, you can customize as little or as much as you want w/ logos, text, initials, or even pictures...or nothing at all. Each feature obviously adds to the price, and depends on how big/small/fancy/whatever -- I went w/ a Logo on one side, and something simple on the other just for marking purposes -- didn't want my own initials b/c I will give most of them away to clients & for marketing/networking purposes at work.

Plus, I can't keep track of my sharpie for every day golf for whatever reason, I've probably bought 10 already this year, so it will make for a great every day ball around the club for the dozen or two I'll keep for myself.

The putting line comes standard...my total came out to around $36 per dozen all in, including shipping, that was was $6.95 total, and my order was on my doorstep (from Germany) Friday afternoon at 1:55 pm. I ordered them Monday night after work. Pretty impressive work & service, imo.

www.vicegolf.com

I play ProV1x exclusively, so I'm gonna have to buy a sleeve of the Vice and give them a try since you say they are comparable. I'm definitely digging the block K on those.

^ correct.

Curious about the gloves as well, they pass the 'look test'.

I'm a Titleist snob for SURE when it comes to my gloves, but have always felt like golf gloves are the most overpriced item in the sport. Foot Joy gloves completely suck ass, imo -- as do any glove that has any kind of black crap or 'super duper synthetic grip magic extra breathable material'. All cabretta leather or bust.

A few golf buddies swear the MG brand ($6) compare favorably, anyone use those?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT