ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Anyone have the OptiShot golf simulator? How do you like it and how do you have it set up?
It's junk. Ok if you are on an extreme budget but definitely would get the Skytrak instead. Sure you can find a used one for around $1k and it is well worth it when you will pay up to $500 for the Optishot.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Where the hell is Cawood with the PGA Championship thread so I can make my Justin Thomas prediction?

Augusta National has acquired land from Augusta Country Club and looks like they will be able to lengthen 13.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/s...rchases-land-neighboring-augusta-country-club

DGphlN5XgAAniKp.jpg:large

The changes in the schedule will be great for golf. The Players was played in March before and gets to kick off the year again and move back to the Florida swing part of the schedule, they say the wind will also factor again that time of year. The Fed Ex Cup playoffs will compete less with football now being in August pretty much exclusively. The PGA gets to go to more courses in May and ride the wave of momentum coming directly off the Masters. The BMW PGA which is obviously a huge European tour event, the euro tours so called 5th major, will move to September from May, which should attract a few more PGA tour players. Its very possible the WGC MatchPlay will move to September before the Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup which is a great fit going into matchplay events. From March to September you will have major tournaments spotlighting each month. The whole switch is just brilliant and works perfectly.

The changes in the schedule will be great for golf. The Players was played in March before and gets to kick off the year again and move back to the Florida swing part of the schedule, they say the wind will also factor again that time of year. The Fed Ex Cup playoffs will compete less with football now being in August pretty much exclusively. The PGA gets to go to more courses in May and ride the wave of momentum coming directly off the Masters. The BMW PGA which is obviously a huge European tour event, the euro tours so called 5th major, will move to September from May, which should attract a few more PGA tour players. Its very possible the WGC MatchPlay will move to September before the Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup which is a great fit going into matchplay events. From March to September you will have major tournaments spotlighting each month. The whole switch is just brilliant and works perfectly.
No clue why they did not do it sooner than now. Playoffs got lost in the mix because of football starting. Hopefully, it will gain a lot more attention and excitement. Having a major each month during Spring/Summer is great and obviously putting The Players in the FL swing makes complete sense.

Can't wait to hear UKO disagree.
There are times to be a contrarian but this is not one of them. For the game across the globe this schedule is unreal and also i didn't even mention how the Olympics fit in nicely every 4 years in August and the PGA Championship wont have to shuffle dates for that. This is as good as it gets for the game of golf worldwide and schedule wise.

On the contrary for the PGA....eliminates Midwest and Northern courses, unless they want to roll the dice with the weather as they will with Bethpage and in Rochester a few years later. Potential for very subpar course conditions is a high possibility per the linked article, therefore, your "opinion" on the PGA getting to go to more courses is inaccurate as expected, and trumped by the actual pro at Bethpage.

The remainder of the schedule should be ok, although you will have some very high tier tour stops that could be affected with the move.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-impact-on-2019-pga/articleshow/59980360.cms
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-impact-on-2019-pga/articleshow/59980360.cms

It brings in many courses the PGA wouldn't normally go to. I am glad to see you read the India Times, very educating.

Here is a great breakdown of all the reasons the PGA, who studied it for a long while, moved.

Our analysis quickly proved to us that with a late May date: • We would be able to continue to conduct the PGA Championship at many of the great historic courses in the Northeast with the likelihood of more temperate weather and certainly healthier turf conditions.

• Some of our more Southern venues would be even more appealing with less heat and more challenging playing conditions.

• Other great areas and sites around the country suddenly become far more attractive in May as opposed to August.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/why-were-moving-the-pga-to-may/amp

Had dinner with the wife and a few of the third party contractors working on a relatively large project for stats. The PGA Tour has upwards of 1,000 plus various stats that they really haven't figured out what to do with them. So, once this is all done, the commentators will be able to pull up Ricky Fowler on 17 at Sawgrass and tell you what he's done every time before, what he'll likely do on that hole, etc...

I really haven't pressed her or them on it but it sounds like it will be pretty cool if you're someone that likes to see the numbers.

Oh, and the wife also polled the Tour employees and they all said unanimously the new schedule is great and UKO should eat a bag of dicks.

Reactions: cawoodsct
There it is...

Everyone agrees, 98% of the Tour Pros agree, UKO disagrees...and no doubt spent an hour on Google trying to find an article to support a stance he's clueless about, and invented merely to be a contrarian.

What a loser. Severe mental issues.

There it is....the reply that clearly indicates reading comprehension or a true understanding of the subject. It was clear to all (except you and cawoodisclueless) that the May slot, although fine in the schedule, would create issues w/ the weather of previously selected courses (as I pointed out) and in future selections w/ midwest and northern courses (as discussed on TGC)

TFP.

Oh, and the wife also polled the Tour employees and they all said unanimously the new schedule is great and UKO should eat a bag of dicks.

Never said the new schedule wasn't great. Your comprehension is bad as BBdK and cawoodisclueless...been that way long or are you just naturally stupid? and catlanta....Luke Maye says hello. Enjoy.

Some truly good golfers on here...much better than myself....but man, they are clearly brain dead most of the time. Wow.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the north east courses. That entire area can get pumped. They get enough action/coverage year around with pro sports.

I'd much prefer to spread the PGA around the southern and western US.

Again, the entire north east AND north Midwest, can get savagely pumped.

[laughing]

He got so rattled he invoked Luke Maye. What are the odds any of UKO's handles are anywhere to be seen after the NCAA finally punishes them?

Some truly good golfers on here...much better than myself....but man, they are clearly brain dead most of the time. Wow.

We all aspire to be as bright as you. If someone posted the sun was hot you'd find something on the dark web and post it saying the sun is actually a block of ice and the freeze rays heat up passing Venus. :joy:

You couldn't just agree that it is an overall good move as the overwhelming majority agrees but rather try to find some way to make it look bad.

Look up the Scorpion and the Frog parable. You are the scorpion. [banana]

We all aspire to be as bright as you. If someone posted the sun was hot you'd find something on the dark web and post it saying the sun is actually a block of ice and the freeze rays heat up passing Venus. :joy:

You couldn't just agree that it is an overall good move as the overwhelming majority agrees but rather try to find some way to make it look bad.

Look up the Scorpion and the Frog parable. You are the scorpion. [banana]
Think BBdK's description above is very accurate.

Cost me $8.47. Really. I traded in some old clubs, had a $10 Scorecard certificate and $20 off by ordering online and picking up in the store. Otherwise it would have been $239.99.
Ok, saw that and thought it may be a mistake OR I wanted info on how to get one for 9 bucks. ✌️

Ok, saw that and thought it may be a mistake OR I wanted info on how to get one for 9 bucks. ✌️

My daughter doesn't play anymore so I traded in her TM Irons and got $150 for them. But only because I knew the value. The guy at dicks looked them up and said $90! I told him he was wrong and showed him their website where I had entered all the info and the values. Don't think he was trying to cheat me but just made a mistake; just glad I had done my homework or I wouldn't have known. I was surprised they were worth $150 when I looked them up.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Same here.
This schedule is incredible for the game of golf. I actually get sick of hearing this and that is good for the game of golf but my god they got it right with this and it extends to the Euro Tour and Olympics. The symmetry and focus on golf for those 6-7 months is outstanding for the game going forward.

I'm still slightly embarrassed by my Red Golf Cart that I demanded stay w/ the house -- I just can't afford to do anything about it just yet. :cry:

PwP8nxKphKf7VMsmJdl270vAmxfEproCwn3TZqK5NU5VborIRTECb6a1N12jhnHuseXRYMYYgg=w246-h437-no

Only Red thing I've ever owned, or will own, if I can help it -- and hopefully it will be sold, traded, or painted sooner than later.

Put a Blue UK Decal on it, then decided that was disrespectful to kates to put such a pretty color on top of something so hideous.

Reactions: parrott
Yeah, you gotta get that thing wrapped ASAP. Beautiful cart otherwise.

That shit isn't cheap, and I know for a fact if I tried to wrap it myself, it would just get completely jacked up and I'll have wasted my money. I've looked online, and it's actually hard to find a plain Blue wrap that doesn't have lightning bolts, crazy awful graphics, etc.

Links appreciated.

I've got a few guys that said they could paint it -- I guess that fiberglass or whatever has to be sanded perfectly...not to mention all the trim, taking the entire cart apart, etc, etc.

I've gotten wayyyy better about doing around-the-house stuff over the years, but I don't paint. Period. I'll contract out a hallway coat closet if I have to. :100points:

The PGA Championship has to be the one Major that has been moved around the most. Maybe this will be the last time.

ADVERTISEMENT