ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

It is so one sided, it has become a bit of a joke, and that was before Cam Smith jumped ship, their best player. I never watch it and won't this year either.

Regardless of being one sided, it is fun to watch the best of the rest get some TV time. I like watching Hideki, Scott, and the new young phenom, Kim. The event itself may need some changes and keep it fun for all involved, and not try to be anything like the RC.

🤣

Bryson DeChambeau shaken as he’s whacked in the face with rope at LIV Golf event​

"Off with his head," shouts commentator as the former US Open champion looked shaken after being hit in the face with a course rope during LIV Golf's Chicago Invitational event.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/bryson-dechambeau-hit-by-rope-28029105
Bryson will likely end up being the poster child of what not to do as an elite professional golfer. Outside of the US Open and small run he made after Covid, his game has not been the same along with the injuries. Moving over to LIV basically killed his brand.

Reactions: catlanta33
Bryson will likely end up being the poster child of what not to do as an elite professional golfer. Outside of the US Open and small run he made after Covid, his game has not been the same along with the injuries. Moving over to LIV basically killed his brand.
I think he focused too much on hitting as far as he can and less on his other stuff. It's the same thing I battle with my daughter. She can hit a driver as far as alot of average men golfers and now that is all she wants to hit and her short game is costing her 10-15 strokes per round. I told her this winter she is working on chipping and putting.

I think he focused too much on hitting as far as he can and less on his other stuff. It's the same thing I battle with my daughter. She can hit a driver as far as alot of average men golfers and now that is all she wants to hit and her short game is costing her 10-15 strokes per round. I told her this winter she is working on chipping and putting.

Hopefully, you telling your daughter something will not go in one ear and out the other, like the facts I tried to pass on to my two daughters when they were teenagers.

However, not surprisingly, I have gotten smarter as they have gotten older, have jobs, kids, etc. :)

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."--Mark Twain

Reactions: Tskware
This TV coverage is absolutely deplorable.

Jay Monahan is a colossal dweeb and is killing the tour.

4 shots - Commercial
3 shots - Playing Through Commercial
Update on leaderboard - Commercia

Obviously not much interest in the Presidents Cup.

When one side has not won a match this century, kind of hard for it to be "must see TV". The Internationals did make it somewhat competitive, although US never trailed and outcome was never really in doubt, from what I read (did not watch any of it)

Was told this weekend by a friend that they are thinking of adding the women to this competition? Frankly, the International LPGA v. US LPGA would be even more one sided than the mens' competition has been.

Reactions: UK82
If Spieth can take his relaxed game to the majors, he will be a tough beat. He showed that when he is playing loose and having fun, his talent might still be the best on tour. Instead, when his robot self takes over and he analyzes each shot like he is trying to solve a physics problem, it is brutal. Will be interesting to see how this transpires.

It was great to see the "team" atmosphere from the International side, especially given their multi cultural make-up. That is hard to do and give Immelman props for pulling this off.

DJ, Brooks, Bryson, Reed.....weren't missed in the slightest.

With the new young stars on both sides, the PGAT is in a great position going forward.

Quail Hollow is a gem. Had the pleasure of playing there last fall, and it will be a must visit for the Wells Fargo in May.

Back from Hilton Head....Harbour Town was 7/10 condition wise, but the layout is still cool. Clubhouse is awesome....the history this course/tournament has is not well known. However, for value, Atlantic Dunes is the overall better course to play (despite still being expensive) Gators a plenty this trip.

Sounds like Norman got his ass handed to him in DC....nice.

Reactions: Tskware
Back from Hilton Head....Harbour Town was 7/10 condition wise, but the layout is still cool. Clubhouse is awesome....the history this course/tournament has is not well known. However, for value, Atlantic Dunes is the overall better course to play (despite still being expensive) Gators a plenty this trip.

Played AD in early April, was in absolutely immaculate shape. Been to HHI several times, and have just never wanted to pay an extra $300 to play Harbour Town, when AD is so nice

OT but just got back from Seabrook Island next to Kiawah a couple of weeks ago, and saw almost no gators. Very strange, locals said they did not think there was any kind of special trapping program going on, but saw only a handful.

Did see a ton of dolphins though, in the ocean and in the creek behind our condo.

If Spieth can take his relaxed game to the majors, he will be a tough beat. He showed that when he is playing loose and having fun, his talent might still be the best on tour. Instead, when his robot self takes over and he analyzes each shot like he is trying to solve a physics problem, it is brutal. Will be interesting to see how this transpires.

It was great to see the "team" atmosphere from the International side, especially given their multi cultural make-up. That is hard to do and give Immelman props for pulling this off.

With the new young stars on both sides, the PGAT is in a great position going forward.

Quail Hollow is a gem. Had the pleasure of playing there last fall, and it will be a must visit for the Wells Fargo in May.

How did you play golf without a putter and wedge?

Reactions: cawoodsct
When one side has not won a match this century, kind of hard for it to be "must see TV". The Internationals did make it somewhat competitive, although US never trailed and outcome was never really in doubt, from what I read (did not watch any of it)

Was told this weekend by a friend that they are thinking of adding the women to this competition? Frankly, the International LPGA v. US LPGA would be even more one sided than the mens' competition has been.
No. People are throwing crap against the walls to see what sticks hoping to make it a better event. But everyone who has any decision making power doesn’t say anything like that.

Agree totally on Spieth. He definitely needs to lighten up and just play.

Pretty good primer on Monday qualifiers.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Pretty good primer on Monday qualifiers.

My dad played the pro-am w/ Rives McBee the first year he won the Bank One Senior Tourney at Griffin Gate. McBee was a Monday qualifier that year, and I recall my dad saying he told him he was ready to give up the game had he not qualified. It was his first tour win, and he won the next year as well when it moved to Kearney.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
What was the deal with Horschel not wearing a hat during the Presidents Cup? Just curious. Was it an endorsement thing? Never heard the announcers mention it. Thanks.

What was the deal with Horschel not wearing a hat during the Presidents Cup? Just curious. Was it an endorsement thing? Never heard the announcers mention it. Thanks.
He asked on his twitter page hat or no hat? Maybe he read some replies and went with it. It wasnt an endorsement thing because there are no sponsors on the hats.

Played Atlantic Dunes, Harbourtown, and Heron Point in February. Agreed with everyone on AD. But all 3 courses were great.

Looking like Pine Needles is going be my groups big trip around April next year.

Searching for tee times, online, for Sunday. I see 3 straight times booked by twosomes. Have you ever called a course to see if they would put a couple of the twosomes together so your foursome would take a slot? Would the course do it?

Searching for tee times, online, for Sunday. I see 3 straight times booked by twosomes. Have you ever called a course to see if they would put a couple of the twosomes together so your foursome would take a slot? Would the course do it?
Twosomes should not be allowed on a course on a Saturday or Sunday. At least not until after 3pm.

Course won't turn down money but there should be a caveat that the course reserve the right to pair them with a twosome in and around that time. Some twosomes come upon us and it's like, where are they going to go? There are a bunch of foursomes ahead of us. Not letting them pass through.

LIV golfers in shorts cracks me up. Can't get used to it.
Makes me think more weekend drunken foursome than professional golf.
Just my opinion.

I guess if you can avoid the beheadings, being cut isn't all that bad. But hey, Norman is doing it to grow the game and help out the players...that he likes.

17 players already axed by LIV Golf and their massive earnings as series heads to Bangkok​

The LIV Golf Series has offered some of the world's best golfers the chance to compete on the mega-money breakaway circuit, but a number have already been axed ahead of this week's event in Thailand

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/liv-golf-players-axed-bangkok-28169537

Patrick Cantlay can't get off this course soon enough. Went to tee at 18 tied and I'm still not sure it will be less than a snowman.

Edit: He holed out a 30 footer for 7 so looks like he will still tie for second.

Last edited:
He was voted the favorite golfer in Asia which includes Taiwan, Korea, China, Thailand, and Japan. LIV wants that Asian and Middle East Market. And in Golf Course Design Magazine that area of the world is we’re golf is growing. Over 15 courses in China alone. 10. Years from now I doubt LIV has a tourney in Usa

ADVERTISEMENT