ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

If all 4 majors allow LIV guys to play I think all bets are off. I still think Jay is going to be toast sooner or later as the tour loses more of its best/younger talent to LIV.

Jan 2024 is a long time from now (when this goes to court). However, the Saudis have more money than should be possible and can ride this out as long as they want.

Ultimately, have zero clue how this turns out.

Given the new $$ the PGAT is dishing out, there is no reason for the best/younger guys to leave, unless they simply want a paycheck. The "bonus" big contracts will not be handed out to everyone. Monahan is doing a great job, imo, as this is new territory for him and the entire tour. The clout of the PGAT, including Tiger, is behind him, and they are coming up w/ new ideas to keep things interesting. Bottom line is you play well....you will get paid.....and people will remember you.

If DL3's boycott scenario actually comes to fruition (if the majors don't say no to LIV) then that will be one of the top sports scenarios ever.

One thing is certain...we won't see an LIV player showing up on a PGAT leaderboard at least until Augusta.

Clown show commentary, right here.
In my opinion the greed of the PGA is their downfall. They should have embraced any league that would offer money for the players. Golf at all levels requires way to much money to play. Even in junior golf to play in AJGA events requires $1000 to $1500 a tourney to play. That’s insane that kids are suppose to deal with this and only make zero bucks. If you are a great golfer but are from a poor family you are doomed. Golf is not like football or basketball and requires no entry fee but to get recognize, to get a Div. 1 free ride requires not playing in high school tourneys but A JGA events Which has junior players from around the world not Kentucky. These kids are sponsored by countries unlike in America. That’s why the LPGA has so many foreign players a fewer and fewer Americans. If you are a top golfer in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and China their governments support the players. Very unfair playing field.

Last edited:
PGA will never be the same. Guys hate the grind. Work less, make more. No brainer.
Seven more about to leave and all seven played in the first playoff event. Cam Smith and Leishman are two of them.
Ironic that this year's final major was at St. Andrews, the home of golf. Seems like the end of a chapter.

Anyone play a PXG0311 Gen 5 driver? They have them on sale at a crazy low price of $299 and free shipping through the end of this month. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one for that price.

In my opinion the greed of the PGA is their downfall. They should have embraced any league that would offer money for the players. Golf at all levels requires way to much money to play. Even in junior golf to play in AJGA events requires $1000 to $1500 a tourney to play. That’s insane that kids are suppose to deal with this and only make zero bucks. If you are a great golfer but are from a poor family you are doomed. Golf is not like football or basketball and requires no entry fee but to get recognize, to get a Div. 1 free ride requires not playing in high school tourneys but A JGA events Which has junior players from around the world not Kentucky. These kids are sponsored by countries unlike in America. That’s why the LPGA has so many foreign players a fewer and fewer Americans. If you are a top golfer in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and China their governments support the players. Very unfair playing field.

Golf at all levels requires way to much money to play......then don't play or pick something else to do. And actually, this is a cop out....parents spend their life savings on 10 yr old little Johnny's travel ball league who they think will be the next Mike Trout. If a kid has the talent, they find a way.

Even in junior golf to play in AJGA events requires $1000 to $1500 a tourney to play. .....this is incorrect. That’s insane that kids are suppose to deal with this and only make zero bucks. ...so they are supposed to get paid as juniors/amateurs?

If you are a great golfer but are from a poor family you are doomed.....this is no longer true. There are countless golf scholarships and funding available for inner city/economically challenged youth.

Golf is not like football or basketball and requires no entry fee but to get recognize, to get a Div. 1 free ride requires not playing in high school tourneys but A JGA events.....again, incorrect.

You're clueless about the entire topic.

Reactions: Tskware

Interested to hear if you find out anymore about them from somewhere else.
From what reviews I have read and YouTube videos I have watched it seems to be pretty forgiving and has a lot of adjustability. They have a normal model and a forgiving model to choose from. They also have a 60 day 100% money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with it.

• Love
Reactions: Get Bucket$
Started a range practice session last night, was hitting the ball pretty good, so decided to bag it and go play 6 or 7 practice holes, hit several tee shots per hole, also not always from the same tee, dropped several balls around the green to chip, and overall, felt like I got more out of 6 practice holes than another hour of range time + chipping and putting.

Memo to self: Hit fewer balls and go play some practice holes, was more fun besides.

Started a range practice session last night, was hitting the ball pretty good, so decided to bag it and go play 6 or 7 practice holes, hit several tee shots per hole, also not always from the same tee, dropped several balls around the green to chip, and overall, felt like I got more out of 6 practice holes than another hour of range time + chipping and putting.

Memo to self: Hit fewer balls and go play some practice holes, was more fun besides.
2 things my pro told me when I started learning to play.

1. Don't be afraid to lose some money on the course because eventually you will get tired of it and force yourself to get better.

2. Do not become a range rat. Get on the course as much as possible and practice as many different shots as you can while putting more time into the shots you struggle most with. My driver was a mess so he would make me go to the toughest driving hole on the course and hit off the tee until I hit 3 consecutive good drives. It was torture but I started liking to hit driver instead of trying to avoid it at all costs.

These days my wedges and putter are my weakness and take the most time and patience to practice. Unfortunately, I do not have the time nor desire to practice for hours a week like I used to.

^
Not recently but the first time I ever played it was 8 or 9 years ago and it was so bad the PGA closed it two weeks later, was a real disappointment.

OTOH, played twice last summer and was in great shape both times.

Regardless of the condition, it is a very difficult course, at least IMO.
Got the chance to play it last Thursday and man, what a fantastic place. It wasn't in PGA Championship or Ryder Cup shape around the greens/fringe, but overall it was still in much better shape than was described to me. It definitely kicked my ass, but unfortunately it didn't get any easier from there as we headed to French Lick for the Dye Course. Any of you all living close to that who haven't been definitely need to make the trip to French Lick. We also played one round at the Ross course and while the layout there is lacking I loved their greens.

Reactions: Tskware
Anyone play a PXG0311 Gen 5 driver? They have them on sale at a crazy low price of $299 and free shipping through the end of this month. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one for that price.
Go to Larry Ward place at Keene Trace and a PXG guy will fit you for a driver. My daughter got fit for two hybrids three weeks ago. They have a Trackman

Go to Larry Ward place at Keene Trace and a PXG guy will fit you for a driver. My daughter got fit for two hybrids three weeks ago. They have a Trackman
Brad Hicks is who you want to see. He’s one of the pros there and fit me for my driver. Great guy and very thorough.

You ever played any PXG clubs?
Yeah I am curious to know if he has hit them or if he is just a brand snob. I talked to a guy last night that has the Gen 4 and ordered the Gen 5 this week because he likes the 4 so well. This guy can buy whatever clubs he wants and he chose to buy another PXG so he must like them pretty well. 🤷‍♂️🤣

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Read a tweet yesterday where somebody said Mickelson wasn't wrong, but the way he went about it, was. That's becoming my position.

Too bad about Zalatoris' back problem. That will cost him millions. He would have been seeded #3 at the Tour Championship this week in Atlanta. A cool $18 million to the winner.

1: $18,000,000
2: $6,500,000
3: $5,000,000
4: $4,000,000
5: $3,000,000

I don't really care for the format, but the winner has always started in the top 5 seeds.
Top seeds starting position:

1 Scottie Scheffler -10
2 Patrick Cantlay -8
3 Will Zalatoris -7
4 Xander Schauffele -6
5 Sam Burns -5

All the rest....

Mickelson turned his back on the tour and all it had ever given him and acted like an asswipe in the process is my position.
Don’t disagree with you but that move by him and others eventually forced the PGA to finally make positive changes for the players and that’s a good thing.

Don’t disagree with you but that move by him and others eventually forced the PGA to finally make positive changes for the players and that’s a good thing.
Im not gonna buy that ALL the changes were forced. The tour did have plans in the works for things going forward, they also had began 15 years ago and brought on a DAMN lucrative Fed Ex Cup that should be enough in itself money wise for guys to stick around and they did do the PIP recently, which was more big money. Sure, they had to react but when you go up against Saudi money wtf do you expect them to do??? It's kind of a shame with all the money going out anyway they had to react against unlimited pockets and selfish players.

Reactions: bigbluedon
You give Monahan way too much credit. Every recent change has occurred or will occur is a direct result of Liv. Don’t see how that can be denied. The changes are a major plus for the Tour Players and that’s a good thing.

Pretty obvious they were forced by sports washing blood money. But it was never necessary. Money was always and has been there and fed ex cup, pip, other things coming were plenty.

Turn your back on the tour and your already lavish lifestyle and you are everything golf has neverstood for.

I am a Tiger guy, go figure, but I never hated Phil. Phil actually scared me because he was a true threat. Nonetheless, I pulled against him not because of Tiger/Phil stuff but because he had the talent to challenge my guy.

Recently, with Phil’s awesome commercials and sweet Twitter account and history making win at The Ocean Course I started rooting for him. I was proud he won at Kiawah. I loved and rooted for him to kill the Champions Tour guys. So, instead of fearing him I was now a fan, an evolution we all have with different golfers. Going forward d I’m rooting for the guy, these last few years I see a different guy publicly and on the course.

Phil was at the pinnacle and he decided to take huge money over being loyal to the tour that gave him so much, if not everything. While he may have had issues and may have disagreed with things, to turn your back on all the people who provided your life, sucks. Many tour players drove to events and if they missed cuts, well let’s go teach at Lexington Country Club, we cannot afford it any longer. So many stories we will never know about built this great charitable tour.

Mickelson had it all. It’s fine to have a beef with the tour, none of us knew this before LIV btw, but, hell man, you are rich have many sponsors etc. and now u will turn your back on the tour for more money. Total bullshit, Benedict Arnold stuff. It’s a disgrace. Maybe his gambling addiction caused this, but regardless. If you turn your back on what made you and what provided you tremendous wealth, you suck.
Sad thing is I had just come around and was his biggest fan going forward. I hold no true ill will , I just think you should respect your past players and they are the true reason you have more money than90% of the world.

And, this is not just not on Phil. Anyone who will shun the past for more dollars when you are filthy rich is a bitch.

If a tour wants to compete against the PGA Tour, no problem. But don’t throw sports washing money that cannot be competed against at them. The Saudi’s are a disgrace and are using dumb money to overshadow shitty things their government does.

If the money was always there, why did it take the Liv to get Monahan to start showing changes? Monahan has screwed over the PGA Players, and that includes Tiger, and it took the Liv for him to start making positive changes.

If the money was always there, why did it take the Liv to get Monahan to start showing changes? Monahan has screwed over the PGA Players, and that includes Tiger, and it took the Liv for him to start making positive changes.
We’ve pointed out to you that purses have increased every single year, sponsor money has increased every single year, the fed ex cup was the cherry 🍒 on top of the outrageous money these guys make, then PIP and others things to come.
None of these guys needed more. More money was forced out from Norman and the Saudis. If this is the unreal ignorant blood money game we gotta react. The PGA Tour did that.

Greed is why we are are. Not money for charities or growth of the game,

Reactions: bigbluedon
Did you not read what Jordan Speith said? Changes are because of the Liv not the goodness of Monahan. I guess you would call Jack, Arnie and the others traitors when they told the PGA to F off and formed the PGA Tour. I have said I don’t care for the Liv but to ignore the changes that they brought to the PGA is simply crazy.

Did you not read what Jordan Speith said? Changes are because of the Liv not the goodness of Monahan. I guess you would call Jack, Arnie and the others traitors when they told the PGA to F off and formed the PGA Tour. I have said I don’t care for the Liv but to ignore the changes that they brought to the PGA is simply crazy.
Goodness you are ignorant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT