ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Finau on a hot streak. Good to see him having some success. Too talented to not have won more plus by all accounts is a really good guy. Just wonder if LIV will poach him next to stick the dagger in the PGA some more. Speaking of LIV, do they care at all about making a profit? I can't imagine paying out these obscene contracts and purse money with no tv deal, etc. is a good financial investment. I mean, I know the Saudis have more than enough money to keep them occupied but still....

Of course it is a bad financial deal . . . . that is because it not a financial investment at all, it is about politics, not sports or money.

Reactions: cole854
So rich no thanks necessary. If they want to thank anyone thank Arnold and Tiger.
This is about the increase in the winnings next year that the PGA Tour has admitted is in response to the LIV. Tiger and Arnold helped grow prize money but neither has anything to do with increase of winning next year.

Last edited:
One of the ultimate “put your money where your mouth is” moves. Tiger already is beyond rich and does not need the money but that is an insane amount to turn down for someone who’s career may be done (or at least winning again).

One of the ultimate “put your money where your mouth is” moves. Tiger already is beyond rich and does not need the money but that is an insane amount to turn down for someone who’s career may be done (or at least winning again).

Despite all of Tiger's social fubars, and there are plenty, he still does his best to show respect for the game and it's foundation.

Reactions: ukalumni00
I understand what Hahn is saying, Patrick Reed said the same thing. But I think you only absolutely have to play 15 events to keep your card, so no one is putting a gun to his head forcing him to play every week (I know I wouldn't)
Exactly...completely blow out of proportion by Hahn. He has missed 13 cuts in 24 events.....make more cuts and you don't have to play as often.

With PGA shrinking to Top 75 keeping card, puts more pressure on these guys. Hahn will win more than 1 mill this year and would be in danger of keeping his card. Can see benefit for him to go LIV tour if guaranteed money.

Sorry guys but I have to brag a little on my daughter who is an 8th grader but on her second year playing varsity golf. She has finished 8th out of 35 girls, tied for 46th out of 100+ girls and tied for 23rd out of 60+ girls in her first 3 tournaments of the season. She has worked hard during the offseason and from the start of last golf season until the start of this one she has shaved 25-30 strokes off her score. I just thank the good Lord that she didn't get her golf skills from me. 🤣

FZQa5mEUUAAYFIL

This from the guy that is doing damn near everything he can to copy the LIV on next years schedule. The courts in the end will have the final say.

The courts wont have a damn thing to say about the majors.
So where does it say that a past Masters Champ has a life long exemption as long as he doesn’t join another league? This is going to be interesting but in the end I still think the courts will have the final say Majors or not.

No cut tournaments on the schedule. You think Jay came up with that on his own?
No cut WGC events have been a part of the tour for many years. The events next year are for those who finished in the top of the FedEx rankings, and yes, for a helluva lot of money, which isn't a bad thing. But you have to play well and earn a spot...it isn't handed to you, a la LIV.

This lawsuit will put a giant shit stain on the players who are joining against the PGAT. Sad story, but there are now officially bridges burned, and they will not be back. They had a chance before if they had admitted their fault, but not now. Some good guys too....sad.

As I said....you have to earn a spot to get there. It isn't a guarantee.

You may want to sit this one out.
Will begin holding. That’s not something that was there. Don’t care for LIV one way or the other. . I do have a problem with the PGA Commissioner who only started making positive changes once the LIV came along and threatened his domain.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallerBegok
Augusta won't ban them. They will invite back former winners, and the ones with 5 year exemptions, the OWGR will take care of itself if LIV can't get points. Lots of LIV non-major qualifiers are sliding out of top 50.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.

Both the PGA Tour and the players who left want to operate in the most hypocritical manner possible. There really isn't a side to "root" for. The majors being their own entities (and not being under any tour umbrella) is one of the few saving graces in all of this.

I don't get it. These 11 wanted to leave the PGA Tour, now they don't? What is the real motive here?

Screw Liv. Norman is a huge POS and I hope this blows up in their face. Taylor Gooch. Lol. Who the hell is he anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT