ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

The Feherty thing hit me kinda hard. Very sad for me. It's separating the wheat from the tares for me. No way I'd do this with the Saudis. I'd have to find another way to get the PGA Tour to make some changes, primarily making sure guys don't lose money when they show up and miss the cut. Otherwise, you need a merit based system for world ranking points, majors, etc.

The Feherty thing hit me kinda hard. Very sad for me. It's separating the wheat from the tares for me. No way I'd do this with the Saudis. I'd have to find another way to get the PGA Tour to make some changes, primarily making sure guys don't lose money when they show up and miss the cut. Otherwise, you need a merit based system for world ranking points, majors, etc.

It's going to be interesting. Hideki is another big blow if that happens. We are getting close to where they won't be able to ban so many good players from the Majors and that's all those guys care about as far as being involved with the PGA. The PGA tournaments are quickly becoming almost unwatchable unless you like watching no-names and a bunch of "nice guys".

Unfortunately, golf is going to be turned upside down for several years. Only the majors will have strong fields each year. I'm just not sure how giving a guy $200 million up front is going to be good for competitive drive. When you need to make the money, you will work harder. Not everyone in this game is Tiger Woods, driven to the nth degree regardless of how much money he has made. Those kinds of players are few and far between.

Jay Manohan will not be the PGA commissioner much longer the way things are going with LIV taking all of his talent. It’s becoming inevitable that he is either going to have to take it on the chin and work out something with the players or the PGA Tour is going to tank when the tournament fields are so watered down that attendance and tv ratings suffer.

Let them go. They should not get world ranking points IMO for that type of tour. This will give some pretty good golfers a shot off the Korn Ferry Tour IMO. I'll still watch the PGA Tour and DP World. Will not watch LIV, as I will always associate them with trying to sabotage the PGA Tour. I'm not convinced the LIV is in it for the long haul anyway at this point.

FXpA-y4UYAElH0m

The lack of fans at the 3M is impossible to not see. Then again, who wants to watch Piercy, Grillo, Hadley, etc.? LIV has all the momentum. Had 2 friends go to the LIV event in Portland and they said the crowd grew each day and was energetic.

The lack of fans at the 3M is impossible to not see. Then again, who wants to watch Piercy, Grillo, Hadley, etc.? LIV has all the momentum. Had 2 friends go to the LIV event in Portland and they said the crowd grew each day and was energetic.
I have zero interest in LIV. I don't care about millionaires making even more money. There is no history, rankings, or anything that they are playing for. Just a lot of glorified exhibitions. If that's the future of golf, I want nothing to do with it.

Ghastly looking leaderboard at the 3M. Just breathtaking to watch the collapse of the PGA in fast motion.

I'd also add that this was expected with the way the PGA TOUR set up its schedule. Lots of the top players like Jordan Spieth have played 8 out of the last 10 weeks. The next time you will see a lot of the top guys are the FedEx Cup events. Many are not going to be at the Rocket Mortgage or the Wyndham.

But that's okay. These minor events help guys earn their cards, secure playing privileges for next year, and/or earn their first wins. Even guys like Tiger and Spieth at one point had to play the John Deere and tournaments like it to move their way up the money list. Plus, these tournaments still help the local community and charities. Not everything has to be an A-class event every week. If more events get cut, you can forget the Barbasol in Nicholasville too.

And with LIV only wanting to cap itself to 54 or so players, there's going to a lot fewer jobs left in the golf world if it kills off the PGA TOUR and the DP World Tour. Don't see how that's going to grow the game.

Screw working together, lets see who wins the war.

I don't see how they can work together. LIV wants to get to 14 events next year. That means their players will be OBLIGATED to play those 14 events. How are those guys supposed to play those 14 events + 4 majors + another 11 PGA TOUR events to keep their card? Because the PGA TOUR guidelines demand that a player play at least 15 of their sanctioned events in order to keep a card.

Plus, a lot of these players that jumped said they did so because they wanted to play less. So yeah, don't see how that's even possible.

What I can't wait to see is when the Saudis decide they want to increase the number of LIV events to 25-30. Then these guys that signed themselves over will be playing way more than they expected because they've lost total control over the ability to set their own schedule.

I have zero interest in LIV. I don't care about millionaires making even more money. There is no history, rankings, or anything that they are playing for. Just a lot of glorified exhibitions. If that's the future of golf, I want nothing to do with it.

Good for you. This an opinion board and everyone's entitled to one. I have no interest in watching a bunch of crybabies like Spieth and Thomas. The PGA is a dead man walking.

Good for you. This an opinion board and everyone's entitled to one. I have no interest in watching a bunch of crybabies like Spieth and Thomas. The PGA is a dead man walking.
Why are Spieth and Thomas cry babies? Are u jealous of them because they are good and u have to sit home and watch?

Why are Spieth and Thomas cry babies? Are u jealous of them because they are good and u have to sit home and watch?
??? Yeah man, that's it. WTF? Last time I watched JT, he cried about a bad shot from a lie and immediately said "a lot of guys would have asked for a drop there". What a bi*tch comment. Spieth???? Every putt he misses he looks at his caddie like he messed up. I play 3 times a week and love my life, so no, I'm not jealous of whiny little b*tches. Sorry to throttle your dumb assessment.

??? Yeah man, that's it. WTF? Last time I watched JT, he cried about a bad shot from a lie and immediately said "a lot of guys would have asked for a drop there". What a bi*tch comment. Spieth???? Every putt he misses he looks at his caddie like he messed up. I play 3 times a week and love my life, so no, I'm not jealous of whiny little b*tches. Sorry to throttle your dumb assessment.
You sound like you are 12. Give it a rest.

I mean, LIV has its fair share of divas. You've got Bryson, Sergio, Brooks, and Patrick Reed, the latter of whom has been involved in several cheating controversies. He'd better watch that with the Saudis owning the tour.

• Haha
Reactions: FrancoBBN
I actually read a report yesterday that the Saudi financing arm might look into a LIV for the LPGA, which would basically kill that tour outright.

First thing that LIV will kill is the Champions tour, without Poulter, Stenson, Mickelson, Westwood, et al, who have decided to LIV, Champions will be sucking air . . . . even more than it does now, and tbh, I never watch or keep up with Champions events as is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT