ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

^^^Brett Setzer is a numbnut.....his better half is smoking, however.

Are you able to converse with people civilly or are you just going to keep on hiding behind the computer and acting like a 2 year old? Admittedly, I don't expect much from you.

Are you able to converse with people civilly or are you just going to keep on hiding behind the computer and acting like a 2 year old? Admittedly, I don't expect much from you.

I'm actually a bot so I am only programmed one way.

As an outsider, this obsession with the LIV seems insane to me. The media being a good little lapdog for the established brand (organizations pick those who can have access so reporters suck the tit to keep that access) is even more ridiculous.

Other than the PGA's hold being threatened, why should anyone else give a single crap? I welcome being further educated on this but the constant obsession with sports media talking about it has become obnoxious and I don't think golf fans really give a crap.

I've heard criticism being that it's Saudi backed but given how many sports leagues, major brands, and media do not give a crap about the atrocities committed by China, it comes off as disingenuous.

Reactions: Catman100
So where is everyone playing this weekend.

I played Eagle Ridge in Louisa last week. Not an easy course to get to from Lexington or Hindman but worth the drive just for the views. Good course run by Kentucky State Park system.

Supposed to play tomorrow at Lex Country Club's one day member guest, have not played there in a couple of years, always loved that course.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
As an outsider, this obsession with the LIV seems insane to me. The media being a good little lapdog for the established brand (organizations pick those who can have access so reporters suck the tit to keep that access) is even more ridiculous.

Other than the PGA's hold being threatened, why should anyone else give a single crap? I welcome being further educated on this but the constant obsession with sports media talking about it has become obnoxious and I don't think golf fans really give a crap.

I've heard criticism being that it's Saudi backed but given how many sports leagues, major brands, and media do not give a crap about the atrocities committed by China, it comes off as disingenuous.
I can only say I've always loved golf and the PGA Tour. So this whole thing is disturbing and saddening to me.

So where is everyone playing this weekend.

Greens stimped at 22. ...

mini-golf-cala-nova-e1492613109583.jpg

Champions today. Last chance for me to play until next week. FML

Yep, closing this weekend until after the Barbasol. Course is in awesome shape, by the way, enjoy.

Two things on my mind: First, since it is no longer opposite the British Open, and the winner gets a ticket to St. Andrews, I am hoping/expecting the best field yet.

But . . . PGA just announced a new shortened season ending in August, where does that put the Barbasol, or does it have no effect?

But . . . PGA just announced a new shortened season ending in August, where does that put the Barbasol, or does it have no effect?

Season will not be shorter....going to a calendar year season starting in 24...Jan-Aug (FedEx Cup) followed by the events to determine top 125 (which begins next season to allow the transition). You will still have golf Jan-Sep/Oct with no tour events being affected as of now.

Reactions: Tskware
I still get the feeling that the Saudis will eventually tire of this whole thing, once they think they've gotten enough goodwill from it. Realize they aren't getting anything much from it anymore, and pull the plug. Then what for these guys?

I still get the feeling that the Saudis will eventually tire of this whole thing, once they think they've gotten enough goodwill from it. Realize they aren't getting anything much from it anymore, and pull the plug. Then what for these guys?

The older guys, Sergio, Westwood, Poulter, maybe even Phil, probably DGAF either way, they know their best days are long behind them, and aren't interested in playing the PGA much any more.

Have to think that the younger guys like Bryson, Brooks and Reed are counting on a truce and an agreement of some kind being signed allowing them to play limited PGA events + majors. But they may well be 100% wrong in that belief as well.

Whiner Speith about to make double and will be flirting with 80 on day one. Feel bad for Michael Gellar, having to be around that twit.

First guy I’ve blocked in here and drain the tub posts

Being blocked by a guy that throws a tantrum whenever someone doesn't agree with his every thought on a thread he started is a badge of honor. I've NEVER seen anyone that started a thread act like such a petulant child. Fun to watch!

First guy I’ve blocked in here and drain the tub posts

The thread will CLEARLY show that my very first comment recently was about the LIV tour and I never said a word to you. You self destructed, smarted off that I was one of the paddock "regulars" and bizarrely said that I was lying about being a golfer.....I called out your petulant behavior and your answer was to block me. How petulant can a person be? Hope you got your nap in today. Did you hang on every word of the Jan. 6 farce hearings?

Last edited:
Yep, closing this weekend until after the Barbasol. Course is in awesome shape, by the way, enjoy.

Two things on my mind: First, since it is no longer opposite the British Open, and the winner gets a ticket to St. Andrews, I am hoping/expecting the best field yet.

Course is in great shape, and will be in excellent shape by the time Barbasol gets here.

Curious about the field this year as well. Surely we get some big names, but the Scottish Open will draw them over there as well. Will have to wait and see.

LIV golfers banned from Scottish open (British open tuneup) and fined 120K. Didn't know they could fine them. How does that work?

The rest of the golf world is banning together to make their life miserable. They better cash those Saudi signing bonuses FAST.

LIV golfers banned from Scottish open (British open tuneup) and fined 120K. Didn't know they could fine them. How does that work?

The rest of the golf world is banning together to make their life miserable. They better cash those Saudi signing bonuses FAST.
I’m sure it’s in the by-laws of the DP World Tour somewhere.

Reactions: UKWoodford
Headed out Sunday for a corporate freebie scramble. Pre kids 20 years ago I was playing. 2-3 times per week. Now I’m relegated to scrambles 3-4 times per year. Could shoot mid 80’s. Last year I was topping the shit out of my tee shots which is just an awful experience. The infrequency is killing me. Maybe as my kids get out of the house I could get back to it.

Reactions: cawoodsct
5 hour and forty-five minute round for the LPGA leaders.....and they weren't waiting behind anyone all day.

Unwatchable.

Last edited:
Schauffele
Poston
Theegala
Thorbornsen
Hadley

Who gets excited about that Leaderbord? Yikes.

Love the comments in that thread. The one about the dog sh*t PGA moving a tournament away from Trump’s course in Fla. says it all about those political hacks.
Saw the comment about NFL and the AFL. NFL absolutely wanted the AFL to fail but in the end they ended up merging. I can see that quite possibly happening with the PGA vs Liv in the future.

Reactions: UKWoodford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT