Henni du Plessis -2
Viraj Madappa -1
Itthipat Buranatanyarat -1
Andy Ogletree E

Notables:
Talor Gooch +1
Pablo Larrazabal +3

Reactions: cole854
Not even sure what will be considered a success for the LIV. Could be what they’ve done is already it. But in terms of converting over real golf fans it’s highly, highly unlikely to happen. Most golf fans need history to attach themselves to.

This. Outside of the pay day, no one is going to give a shit that DJ won in London in 2022. Billy Horschel is going to remember his Tour Championship and the handshake with Jack for a lifetime.

WTF is wrong with you? Wow. I'm watching Golf channel right now and they are basically agreeing with what I said.

Interesting....I watched two analysts this morning who essentially said this "tour" or series of exhibition matches, is nothing but a money grab...which it is.

See how opinions work?

Reactions: cawoodsct
Its first and foremost a money grab. However, the PGA Tour may reform some things as a byproduct of it all.

Its first and foremost a money grab. However, the PGA Tour may reform some things as a byproduct of it all.

If somehow all of this could be meshed to include their events w/ the PGA/DP tours, then you would have one helluva situation, but I think it all comes down to history w/ the R&A and PGAT. Their tours are bigger and better now than ever so why mess with success.......unless it starts to reach the point where you see fans/sponsors start looking elsewhere.

Where would Keeneland be today w/o the influx of Saudi money the last couple of decades? Money talks and this is new territory for the sports world. I am sure Monohan and others are losing sleep right now over their pending decisions.

If somehow all of this could be meshed to include their events w/ the PGA/DP tours, then you would have one helluva situation, but I think it all comes down to history w/ the R&A and PGAT. Their tours are bigger and better now than ever so why mess with success.......unless it starts to reach the point where you see fans/sponsors start looking elsewhere.

Where would Keeneland be today w/o the influx of Saudi money the last couple of decades? Money talks and this is new territory for the sports world. I am sure Monohan and others are losing sleep right now over their pending decisions.
I can't imagine the R&A being any more happy with this situation than the PGAT is, maybe less so. The LIV is the enemy now, and they don't care about any of these players. They are being used.

What the heck has happened to JB? No tweets since 2020 and haven't heard a peep about him. Hope he is doing ok. I always like watching him play.
Not really sure. I know he’s been battling injuries. I’m guessing he’s at least out for the year and will play next year on a major medical exemption. Hoping to see him back out there next year. Sucks there’s no information about it. He could’ve retired for all I know.

Reactions: UKWoodford
FU0I5G0X0AMG4K_

FU0I975XwAAhgR_

Leaderboard after round 1 at LIV:

Wade Ormsby -6
Scott Vincent -6
Jediah Morgan -5
Laurie Canter -5
Kevin Yuan -5
Oliver Bekker -5
Turk Pettit -4
Phachara Khongwatmai -3
Adrian Otaegui -3
Ben Over -2
Henni du Plessis -2
Viraj Madappa -1
Itthipat Buranatanyarat -1
Andy Ogletree E

Notables:
Talor Gooch +1
Pablo Larrazabal +3
Link? I’m seeing conflicting reports.

Pat Perez is surprising given all the tributes he gave to Tiger and the money he has made Perez. Has close to 2 million coming in retirement money, talks of Champions Tour.
TV contracts, more golf means watered down fields means poorer overall product. I mean JJ Henry and John Huston are teeing it up today. C'mon!

Last edited:
It seems I am in the minority but this decision by the PGA seems petty to me. I mean the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR or any other major sporting agency doesn't ban guys who participate in another league and then come back to their league.

It seems I am in the minority but this decision by the PGA seems petty to me. I mean the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR or any other major sporting agency doesn't ban guys who participate in another league and then come back to their league.

NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR....players/drivers are under contract, meaning they abide by the contract because they are an employee of that organization. They can't skip a weekend series and go play for the Tokyo Dragons if they wanted.

The PGA Tour has it spelled out when you become a member of their tour...you play in a min # of events (unless you have reached a certain status level) and you adhere to the rules and regs set forth by the policy board...i.e. players, one of the rules being playing in conflicting events.

You don't join a club/organization and then try to set your own rules.

Reactions: JBHolmesfan
Interesting....I watched two analysts this morning who essentially said this "tour" or series of exhibition matches, is nothing but a money grab...which it is.

See how opinions work?

Too funny. I gave a simple opinion on the LIV/PGA situation and the OP proceeded to be an A$$. Are you liberal? Attack the person that gets attacked and excuse the perpetrator? You can’t be taken seriously.

PGA looks like a bunch of A-holes. Even the guys speaking up like Justin "I twirl my club like Tiger" Thomas. Can't wait to see one of the majors where you have players from both tours paired in the final group on Sunday.

Think Chamblee explains it about as good as it can be done and why the PGA is being as tough as they are right now. Comes down to a player's principals and what is important to them. What side of the coin you fall in is a personal choice/opinion. What the true right and wrong answer is can be debated and what the future holds is foggy at best right now.

Perez getting 10 mill to keep his wife set in plastic surgery for awhile.

Assume when Rickie's deal announced he's gotta be getting more based on his marketability.

Very much agree with the PGA on this issue
I beg to differ. The PGA is antiquated and in 2022 it’s all about money. Like it or not, times they are a changing. They, the PGA always talks to the Top players who have already made it but to get the real story talk to a player ranked 110 and how he feels about the money. They get no appearance fee, they have to pay for everything, and if they fail to make the cut they are replaced and are expected to play Korn Ferry that costs $1000 a week to play with no guarantees. Not to mention the Q-School which last 4 weeks that if you win the first 3 weeks but fail the last, you out and you start all over again.

Think Chamblee explains it about as good as it can be done and why the PGA is being as tough as they are right now. Comes down to a player's principals and what is important to them. What side of the coin you fall in is a personal choice/opinion. What the true right and wrong answer is can be debated and what the future holds is foggy at best right now.
Players principles is BS. Money talks and bringing politics into golf will be the demise of the PGA IMHO.

I beg to differ. The PGA is antiquated and in 2022 it’s all about money. Like it or not, times they are a changing. They, the PGA always talks to the Top players who have already made it but to get the real story talk to a player ranked 110 and how he feels about the money. They get no appearance fee, they have to pay for everything, and if they fail to make the cut they are replaced and are expected to play Korn Ferry that costs $1000 a week to play with no guarantees. Not to mention the Q-School which last 4 weeks that if you win the first 3 weeks but fail the last, you out and you start all over again.

When a MLB player who just hit .158 w/ 4 HR and 13 RBI over the course of a season goes in for a contract review, tell me what the owners will say.

Any sport...profession...etc......doing well takes care of itself and you will be rewarded.

The 110th ranked player you mentioned....well, 2 years ago in Sep 2020 there was a player who just came off the Korn Ferry and was ranked 119th. Fast forward to today....he is ranked 14th....Will Zalatoris.

When a MLB player who just hit .158 w/ 4 HR and 13 RBI over the course of a season goes in for a contract review, tell me what the owners will say.

Any sport...profession...etc......doing well takes care of itself and you will be rewarded.

The 110th ranked player you mentioned....well, 2 years ago in Sep 2020 there was a player who just came off the Korn Ferry and was ranked 119th. Fast forward to today....he is ranked 14th....Will Zalatoris.
If Zalatoris could putt like me inside ten feet he would be unstoppable.

Faulting people for leaving is pathetic. Not one person here would want to only have the option to work for one employer their ENTIRE LIFE and be at their mercy as to pay. Only in golf does a guy make it to the pro level and get not a penny guaranteed for doing so. Half those guys pay their way into the PGA tournaments, pay their own travel expenses, miss the cut and are upside down for a week of work. Only the sanctimonius a-holes would fault golfers for finding guaranteed pay for their craft.

Last edited:
Faulting people for leaving is pathetic. Not one person here would want to only have the option to work for one employer their ENTIRE LIFE and be at their mercy as to pay. Only in golf does a guy make it to the pro level and get not a penny guaranteed for doing so. Half those guys pay their way into the PGA tournaments, pay their own travel expenses, miss the cut and are upside down for a week of work. Only the sanctimonius a-holes would fault golfers for finding guaranteed pay for their craft.
I don't hate the guys who did this. However, I can honestly say I'd rather be a club pro than join up with the Saudis, no matter the money. That's just me.

Looks like an unkempt slob to me. His shtick is tired and phony. He needs to act his age and stay out of the limelight. He has ruined his legacy. I was one fan who was taken in by this phony. Will never root for him again.
Thought it was a bit bogus he waited until the week of LIV tourney to fully commit. A guy like him should
not be doing this, imo. But he gambled it all away and is taking the money over everything the pga tour afforded him his entire life.

Reactions: wkycatfan
I think the U.S. Open, British Open and the PGA championship will eventually side with the PGA Tour and the European Tour and say, adios you made your choice. Seems they are too tightly connected to do otherwise. The Masters, who knows.

Look for more individual sponsors of players who move to drop them. They are paying for the walking billboard that is a player week in and week out on U.S. television via the PGA tour broadcast contracts.

Watched a little of the LIV today. I think the old Hooters Tour drew more fans at Cherry Blossom than they had at wherever they are playing this week.

As for the shotgun start, are they doing that all 3 rounds? If so that’s stupid. Let’s cut over to the winning putt on hole 7. Seriously.

I don't hate the guys who did this. However, I can honestly say I'd rather be a club pro than join up with the Saudis, no matter the money. That's just me.

Me as well. I wouldn’t do it just because they could change course, the tour fail and then you’d have nowhere to play. And good luck getting that guaranteed money from MBS, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT