ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Is this Vicodin Tiger or Xannie Tiger? Dude was in rough shape.
https://www.golfmagic.com/pga-tour/tiger-woods-looked-absolutely-fried-cbs-interview-about-masters

tw-masters.png

Finau is always hard pressed to win because of that quick transition. Just doesn't hold up under pressure. I think that's why you see him stumble on Sundays.

He shot 64 yesterday, and finished 2nd in the middle east a couple of weeks ago to Dustin Johnson, seems like his swing is holding together pretty good to me.

He got really lucky (Homa's miss on 18) to be in the playoff though. Homa deserved to win.

He shot 64 yesterday, and finished 2nd in the middle east a couple of weeks ago to Dustin Johnson, seems like his swing is holding together pretty good to me.

He got really lucky (Homa's miss on 18) to be in the playoff though. Homa deserved to win.
Yep. He played well.

He also yanked that tee shot into the bunker on the 2nd playoff hole. Then missed a putt after getting the read.

If he keeps putting himself in position, he should eventually get it.

Reactions: Tskware
Yep. He played well.

He also yanked that tee shot into the bunker on the 2nd playoff hole. Then missed a putt after getting the read.

If he keeps putting himself in position, he should eventually get it.

He seems to be the kind of guy whose first win in a full field event will be the Masters or the PGA, he obviously has the talent to win a major.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
Tiger would have failed a drug test during that interview. That was embarrassing. Hopefully he can get into rehab for the pills once the back is better.

Reactions: CondorCat
Posted earlier couple or so months ago just getting back into golf after a twenty year absence. My question, after the warmup this week: Do most courses allow you to golf in muck boots? I’m dying here.

One car accident, was by himself and rolled the car over in LA. Not a good look to say the least. Fingers crossed that he is OK and will make a full recovery.

Reactions: parrott
One car accident, was by himself and rolled the car over in LA. Not a good look to say the least. Fingers crossed that he is OK and will make a full recovery.

Yep....prayers for his recovery, but hopefully he wasn't impaired like he was on TV Sunday. He has already been there/done that in regards to putting others at risk.

A tweet by a local stated the roads in that area are tight and can be dangerous if not paying attention.

I was reading on a golf message board where someone was asking about driver distances for young girls. It was crazy to read the distances some were saying that the average 8, 10 and 12 year old girls should be able to hit a driver. Some were saying a 12 year old should be hitting it 200+ yards. I just made a quick check and the 25th ranked drive distance on the LPGA tour this year is Cheyenne Knight at 228 yards. So these dudes think a 12 year old amature girl should be driving within 30 yards of a LPGA pro? My guess is they think their 240 yard drive is going 300 too. 🤣

^
No, that is a big ask for a 12 year old, but my first range session of the year was at lunchtime, and I happened to be right next to a really small girl who was trying to qualify for Transylvania's team, and she was hitting hybrids pretty close to 200 yards. I swear she was about 5'2" and maybe 100 pounds or so, but when she hit it pure (quite often) it was impressive. I need to remember that the goal is not to hit it hard, the no. 1 thing is to hit it solid.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
^
No, that is a big ask for a 12 year old, but my first range session of the year was at lunchtime, and I happened to be right next to a really small girl who was trying to qualify for Transylvania's team, and she was hitting hybrids pretty close to 200 yards. I swear she was about 5'2" and maybe 100 pounds or so, but when she hit it pure (quite often) it was impressive. I need to remember that the goal is not to hit it hard, the no. 1 thing is to hit it solid.
Letting the club do the work is a lot easier said than done for me too.

Seven straight days of golf in Myrtle Beach is just what the doctor ordered for this shitastic winter. Played all three Sea Trail courses (Byrd, Jones and The Maples), River Hills twice, River Oaks and Tiger's Eye. Most of those courses were cart path only, so I did get some exercise as well. We finally got off the cart path at River Hills and The Maples on the last 2 days. Shot so so. Had quite a few birdies and won some skins and several closest to the hole. Did get to wear shorts for about 3 days. Great trip overall with a good group.

Seven straight days of golf in Myrtle Beach is just what the doctor ordered for this shitastic winter. Played all three Sea Trail courses (Byrd, Jones and The Maples), River Hills twice, River Oaks and Tiger's Eye. Most of those courses were cart path only, so I did get some exercise as well. We finally got off the cart path at River Hills and The Maples on the last 2 days. Shot so so. Had quite a few birdies and won some skins and several closest to the hole. Did get to wear shorts for about 3 days. Great trip overall with a good group.

Nice. Nothing beats a MB golf trip. Have played about 40 courses there inc. a few of yours.

A couple good tournaments brewing Sunday at the WGC and in Puerto Rico.

Teater with a T-29 at the moment in PR and a decent check this week.

Concession was fun to watch the pros play, but damn, it reminded me all too painfully how much I hate (a) Jack Nicklaus courses and (b) contrived Florida courses with long forced carries over water, tons of OB on all sides, deep bunkers, etc. Don't know why the average Joe would want to join and play a course like that day in and day out.

ADVERTISEMENT