ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Speith playing horrible. Choking at +3 so far. Missing putts and missing fairways big.

Schauffelle settling down.

artworks-000248629544-kb3g1d-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Stricker with a top 10, so tell me what makes this course playable for him and replicate it across other stops.

That's golf...it can click at any given time and he put 4 solid rounds together. He had missed the cut last week, but wanted to play since he felt he had been playing well and was healthy. He wants to get as much time w/ the players as possible since he has 6 RC captain's picks.

He missed the cut there 2 of the prior 4 years, w/ a best finish of 31st, so it wasn't necessarily the course.

Course played dry and fast, which tends to help shorter hitters, because the ball will roll out. Sunday was only the 3rd time in his career that he hit all 18 greens.

Felt bad for James Hahn, at 39, a career journeyman, had a 3 shot lead going into the back 9, and just chopped it all the way home, even managed to bogey the 334 yard par 4 that Koepka eagled and almost everyone birdied, if you just kept it dry off the tee.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
Since I have subscribed to Golf Pass I've went back and started watching all of the Big Break Golf seasons. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that show.

Was Finau on that show at one time? Pretty sure Two Gloves Gainey was.

Still amazed how she completely shut it down when she retired and put all of her focus on her family. That much success competing and then nothing except some involvement in the game and being very content with it.
Rosie Napravnik did it in horse racing. She was 7th in the country in earnings the last year she raced which was 2014. Had a kid and hasn't been seen since.

Who plays fantasy golf? I wouldn’t mind playing if I could win some decent money. Is there just decent money on majors?

Someone who plays give me the lowdown as I don’t want my vast golf knowledge going to waste.

TIA!

No thanks. You gotta wear a motorcycle helmet and face shield at Tates. Was sitting on two fairway one day and a ball hit the seat back right next to me. If it had hit my eye I would be wearing a patch right now...lol

TC needs to be sold and developed. It is a true goat ranch in every sense of the word the last few years.

TC needs to be sold and developed. It is a true goat ranch in every sense of the word the last few years.

Grew up playing there and Lakeside, over time, I grew to appreciate Lakeside more and TC less and less.

TC features several blind shots on hole 2 and 3 + your usual not so good public course golfers + course that is way too close together, with no practice facility = should be a real estate development before someone gets killed.

Or maybe alter it to a really nice executive course, playable in 2 or 2 1/2 hours?

Grew up playing there and Lakeside, over time, I grew to appreciate Lakeside more and TC less and less.

TC features several blind shots on hole 2 and 3 + your usual not so good public course golfers + course that is way too close together, with no practice facility = should be a real estate development before someone gets killed.

Or maybe alter it to a really nice executive course, playable in 2 or 2 1/2 hours?

Lex doesn't have the $$ to put into this course in regards to major upgrades, and that area of town desperately needs new housing. It would be a perfect development opportunity. Lakeside has a lot of potential for upgrades and improvements given the space.....sell off TC and you could do this as well as improve Meadowbrook.

The bad thing about LEX is all the walkers and old guy foursomes that take six hours and don't even think about letting your twosome through

Lex doesn't have the $$ to put into this course in regards to major upgrades, and that area of town desperately needs new housing. It would be a perfect development opportunity. Lakeside has a lot of potential for upgrades and improvements given the space.....sell off TC and you could do this as well as improve Meadowbrook.

Probably true, given the current economic downturn due to Covid, cannot believe there would be a lot of political will to spend a bunch of money on TC golf course.

After last week, and his round yesterday and today, could we be seeing Good Spieth return ? He is hitting greens in regulation, putting the ball where it is suppose to be. And when you do that, you get some good fortune like yesterday when he holed out from 110 yards for Eagle instead of a sure birdie. He hit it about 5 feet short of the hole, and it one hopped past the hole and spun back in the cup for eagle.

Opening round 65, followed up today with 67, clubhouse leader at 12 under par.

I have never liked Spieth. Respect his game but he never did anything for me. BUT I knew he would be back and my free rounds of golf will be enjoyable.

Spieth leading again. Can he get it done this weekend? Weekends have been his major problem.

Not lately, they haven't. He went 9 under last week on the weekend and was overtaken by a stellar round by Brooks on a Sunday when all of the leaders faltered. He had a MC at Torrey.... He was +1 on the weekend at Augusta but sat 9 strokes back heading into the last 2 rounds and was already out of it..... MC at the Houston Open..... -3 on the weekend at Sherwood, and had a good two last rounds at Zojo.

His problem has been not being able to put consistently low rounds together, regardless of the round. He couldn't escape the Fowler stigma of throwing in a double or two that turned a 66 into a 70.

ADVERTISEMENT