ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

No thanks. You gotta wear a motorcycle helmet and face shield at Tates. Was sitting on two fairway one day and a ball hit the seat back right next to me. If it had hit my eye I would be wearing a patch right now...lol
You have a better chance of getting hit at picadome. Especially with the college kids shanking them off #1 directly into the trees to the right.

The bad thing about LEX is all the walkers and old guy foursomes that take six hours and don't even think about letting your twosome through
Or it could be the idiot twosomes who come out on a Saturday and think they are going to play through 12 foursomes. I love playing even slower when I spot them behind me (when there is absolutely nowhere for them to go).

Reactions: Tskware
Does anyone else wish they would show more of Spyglass Hill? I've not played but I have been to Pebble Beach and of course seen it on TV a million times but just driving past it, Spyglass Hill looks pretty spectacular as well

Wind could make today more interesting.

EuHdMmYVcAgqmDG

Or it could be the idiot twosomes who come out on a Saturday and think they are going to play through 12 foursomes. I love playing even slower when I spot them behind me (when there is absolutely nowhere for them to go).

Obviously not talking about a packed out course, old man

Well Jordan better win today, because he will never get a better chance, the field he is facing is the weakest he'll face unless he signs up for the Barbasol this summer.

Reactions: vhcat70
Well Jordan better win today, because he will never get a better chance, the field he is facing is the weakest he'll face unless he signs up for the Barbasol this summer.

There are no weak fields. They might not have the best of the best in terms of world rankings, but many of these "weak" players have won before.

There are no weak fields. They might not have the best of the best in terms of world rankings, but many of these "weak" players have won before.

OK, yes, they are all PGA pros, 1000x better than you and me (some may even be as good as Drainthetub, but that remains to be seen), but there are no top 10 players in the field, and maybe only 3 or 4 in the top 50 or so, less than ten for sure. In short, Speith will not get a better chance for a win the rest of the year, most likely.

There was an article in the sports section earlier this week detailing this was the weakest Pebble field in decades, probably due to the virus + there was expectation of bad weather + no amateurs hurt a little bit as well, e.g., Dustin Johnson played last year with Wayne Gretzky.

Who cares if your ball moves a little in the fairway? Play on buddy. Meanwhile guys are out there just grabbing balls out of the rough without checking with anybody. Makes zero sense

What's he need to shoot to win? Conditions look pretty good for scoring. I think he still needs to go 3 or 4 under

And now they're giving Knox a penalty smh, the PGA is so dumb

There was absolutely no justification for not giving him a penalty at the time. Berger asked for clarification twice as his playing partner and was dismissed by the official twice. That was a no doubt penalty.

I don't blame him for wanting to know the rule but I really don't see how a penalty is warranted in that situation.

Last edited:
He addressed the ball causing it to move. That’s as no-doubt as it gets. You’re responsible for your own ball. They changed the rule to allow it on the greens a few years back (which I find absurd).

Spieth leading again. Can he get it done this weekend? Weekends have been his major problem.
3 and a half years without a win and two straight weekends in the lead and cannot get it done. Weekends continue to kill him.

Last edited:
Hard to stomach two straight final day folds in the lead for Spieth but im still confident he gets a win this year.

Not against that field.

Well damn if Spieth is not at -6, in the hunt again and currently in the top 5 going into the weekend, although a number of good scores are still on the course

Meanwhile, the field got a bit easier. Scratch Rory, Justin Thomas and Dechambeau, they are trunk slamming and can go back to Pebble or Torrey Pines for some practice rounds this weekend.

Reactions: KRJ1975
ADVERTISEMENT