ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Brad could only rule on what he was told and the CBS rules official agreed with the call. The ball should have never been touched until the rules official had a chance to look and that’s on Reed.

We can cut Reed some slack if/when he performs in the glorified exhibitions on America's behalf but the guy is unlikable, brings the heat upon himself and has a history of cheating.

So basically the PGA is saying we're on the honor system out there. Anyone can just walk up, say their ball is embedded, pick it up and drop it. How does that make any sense?

So basically the PGA is saying we're on the honor system out there. Anyone can just walk up, say their ball is embedded, pick it up and drop it. How does that make any sense?

Golf has always been this way. It is on the competitor to honor and respect the rules.

Reactions: Mash 2.4

Golf is all about the honor system. Randolph Junah didn't have to say his ball moved, but he did.

Is it possible to manufacture clubs with smaller sweet spots? With all this talk of regulating equipment, why not allow the current length, as it will benefit all players, but dial back the sweet spot and reward accuracy?

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but if you have a kid who golfs you should look into Youth On Course membership for them. It is $5 per year for their membership fee and then they can play at participating courses for around $3 for 9 holes and $5 for 18 holes which includes green and cart fees. All state parks are included and quite a few public courses. They recently joined forces with Golf Now and Golfpass and the kid can get 1 year access to the Golfpass site for free as well. It's a great deal for your young golfer.

Reactions: blubo
I love McIlroy, maybe my favorite PGA player, but think he is wrong on the distance thing. It won't hurt the pro game at all to have local rules for Augusta, Old Course, Pebble, et al, when the PGA rolls into town, and keep the historic venues relevant and challenging for the modern pros. For most of the rest of us, he is right, doesn't really matter, my game needs help, and we can continue to play with the off the shelf equipment, if we like.

Not that much different than college baseball, which used to allow aluminum bats, but MLB has ALWAYS banned anything but wooden bats. And naturally, quite a few local heroes found out that they couldn't hit near as well with a Louisville Slugger.

Classic Stricker. Must think he's back at the Ryder CuP.

Cannot believe he's the US Captain

Europe 20
USA 8

Strick known as a choker? Haven't followed closely until the last few years. Don't want to root for Xander but someone has to beat Spieth 🤦‍♂️

When he gets it going I have never seen a guy that can make putts like Speith and that includes Ben Crenshaw Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods and anyone else in the last 50 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT