ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Unreal. Nantz and Faldo are basically accusing him of blatant cheating and I think they're right. Messed his game up too

u-hUOf.gif

Winter rules folks. Come on? šŸ¤£

Rory taking embedded relief on 18 is also looking really shady after the video was released.

Did Roryā€™s jump up and come down in his plug? Thatā€™s possible. Highly doubt Rory would do that.

So sounds like the CBS golf analysts didnā€™t agree with Reedā€™s actions on Saturday at the 10th. PGA feels no rules were broken, but the analysts certainly didnā€™t feel like he followed the proper steps.

Did Roryā€™s jump up and come down in his plug? Thatā€™s possible. Highly doubt Rory would do that.

Landing in its own pitch off a bounce in the rough? Ok. Iā€™m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt but thatā€™s a really tough look to call it embedded.

Given the amount of rain they had in round 2, it is highly likely that the rough was extremely soft in spots and a ball could have easily been embedded off a bounce, or at least buried deep to where it appeared embedded.

Both players should have called a rules official first, however, I doubt either did anything wrong in regards to "cheating".

Given the amount of rain they had in round 2, it is highly likely that the rough was extremely soft in spots and a ball could have easily been embedded off a bounce, or at least buried deep to where it appeared embedded.

Both players should have called a rules official first, however, I doubt either did anything wrong in regards to "cheating".
You root for a college program that gave out fake grades for decades. Your opinion is not needed.

Regarding Reed, the problem he has now is that anything he does whether blatant or not is going to be even more under the microscope than the rest of the tour. I am not sure his intention was to cheat in that moment but his reputation will not allow many to give him a break.

Reactions: cole854
I think Reed plays a little fast and loose with the rules sometimes, which I don't like. But I don't get the desire to hang him in effigy.

At least Reed boatraced the field this week and there wasn't a one shot win where we have to call anything into question. The fact that tour officials came out and exonerated both he and Rory makes it a nothingburger IMO. Nantz and Faldo are ****ing full of themselves.

At least Reed boatraced the field this week and there wasn't a one shot win where we have to call anything into question. The fact that tour officials came out and exonerated both he and Rory makes it a nothingburger IMO. Nantz and Faldo are ****ing full of themselves.
My only gripe is that he picked the ball up. It wasnā€™t in an area he was supposed to be allowed a preferred lie. So if he thought it was imbedded, he should have called an official over before moving it!

My only gripe is that he picked the ball up. It wasnā€™t in an area he was supposed to be allowed a preferred lie. So if he thought it was imbedded, he should have called an official over before moving it!

I'm just a weekend golfer, but my Dad always taught me i could improve my lie a little with my club as a casual golfer, but not with my hand. Apples and oranges I know, but still.

I agree but Rory did the same thing without consulting an official at all and nobody is batting an eye about him.

Reactions: KRJ1975
Rory shouldnā€™t have either. Very hard for me to believe balls that bounce can become imbedded. Would have to be extremely saturated ground.

Right, and with the ground being so wet, they hardly bounced at all and therefore didn't have enough velocity to break the ground on the bounce. I know in Rory's case he felt the ball bounced straight up and back into the original mark (unlikely but I suppose it was possible.) All the info Reed had from the folks who saw it said it never bounced. Given the stigma that follows him, he probably should have been more cautious I suppose.

Right, and with the ground being so wet, they hardly bounced at all and therefore didn't have enough velocity to break the ground on the bounce. I know in Rory's case he felt the ball bounced straight up and back into the original mark (unlikely but I suppose it was possible.) All the info Reed had from the folks who saw it said it never bounced. Given the stigma that follows him, he probably should have been more cautious I suppose.
A PGA tour official, specifically Brad Fabel from Madisonville Kentucky, exonerated him on the call. Take it up with the the rules guys. Patrick Reed has more balls than anyone out there...a champion in the utmost sense of the word. ā€˜Opticsā€™ are all Nantz and press boys are about. Seems like a lot of folks have been sold on ā€˜opticsā€™ recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT