ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

sypKtUSGbgQ5UOdrPmxG_l7h9lax8g2dINfAn9ZJM9ma5xNqW0-iQSWs63a8BTcAeq5Pf3qkdzBrnbeFWgy_SxQYmN-7ZHgFLrcqVpZdKfgq0jo1N-hMgUIxpvP3jpqtOxy_dKJ9RjyN10ToPHI

What's a 5w?

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing me brag on my daughter but she has improved so much by just getting time on the course. We have a par 3 on our home course that is about 120 yards up hill so it plays about 10 yards longer. When she started playing 2 years ago she used her driver and would still have to chip on and in some cases was still 40-50 yards from the green if she didn't make good contact. Last night she was able to hit her 7 iron to within about 15 feet and she even hit a shot about a month ago within 18 inches of being a hole in one.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I know you guys probably get tired of hearing me brag on my daughter but she has improved so much by just getting time on the course. We have a par 3 on our home course that is about 120 yards up hill so it plays about 10 yards longer. When she started playing 2 years ago she used her driver and would still have to chip on and in some cases was still 40-50 yards from the green if she didn't make good contact. Last night she was able to hit her 7 iron to within about 15 feet and she even hit a shot about a month ago within 18 inches of being a hole in one.

I sometimes hit a 7 iron 120 yards up hill, and may soon need a driver if my game doesn't keep going south. :eek:

Since she has started playing I am getting to go golfing more now than ever. We have been 4 times this week. The good thing is she is getting better. The bad thing is I am not. 🤣

I sometimes hit a 7 iron 120 yards up hill, and may soon need a driver if my game doesn't keep going south. :eek:

Reactions: Tskware
I am soon turning 70 years old. Funny that my iron distance is still pretty good, at least for me, but I have lost so much distance with driver and fairway woods. Can’t figure it out.
It’s that Marrowbone mentality. Beat the snake to death with the biggest club you can find. You’ve used up your big clubs. Time to drop down to the mid-irons, a lighter club is better than no club.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Does anyone use the Mr Heater golf cart heater? I have an enclosure for our cart and my daughter and I would probably play more this winter if those thing work pretty good. I just hate to spend $100 on one if they suck.

Ok, probably wrong but I’m gonna guess who club pro guy is. If I’m correct I just stumbled onto this randomly looking at old Korm Ferry interview. Surely there is no way this is right but here goes nothing.

Is it Frank Lickliter?

Last edited:
He went from 2nd in the FedEx Cup points in 2017 with almost 10 million in earnings to 107th last year and around 1 million. So far in 2021 he is 155th in FedEx points. That is a huge drop off in such a short period without significant injury as the cause.

He went from 2nd in the FedEx Cup points in 2017 with almost 10 million in earnings to 107th last year and around 1 million. So far in 2021 he is 155th in FedEx points. That is a huge drop off in such a short period without significant injury as the cause.
I'm a Jordan fan, but here's my sad analysis:
...Jordan decided he needed to add 30 yards to his tee shots
...Suddenly he was wild off the tee
...His GIR average fell
...That put pressure on his short game
...He started missing 5 footers
...He's lost confidence in his game

Jordan is a classic case of why a golfer who is having success should NEVER go off the path of what made them so good. He chased distance and it has screwed up his entire game. As any golfer here knows, when you lose confidence in your swing ALOT of bad things will happen.

That said, this is what makes Bryson such an incredible talent. He was already enjoying success but has completely transformed his body and game to get even better. Yes, several pros get stronger and all as they age but to do it as quick and dramatic as he has is an extremely rare feat.

Don’t remember if I’ve talked about it in this thread or not, but I’m trying to get back into golfing after a nearly 20 years lay-off. Have enough acreage here at home for all my clubs including driver, unfortunately lol. So have been practicing from here, haven’t played a course yet. My question, is it normal to hit driver and 3 wood with abandon, then having to hit irons with precision? Cause that’s what I’ve learned i have to do. TIA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT