ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

It’s in better shape than it was 20 years ago when I used to play. Some rough patches on the fairways, but the greens are in good shape, really fast. Played DH today for the second time. Really nice course, but lots of muddy spots this time of year. Looking forward to playing it next spring and summer. Worlds of differences between it and SS. It’s a hard course to re learn the game on, but played it better today than first time. Mainly because I moved up on the tees. It intimidates you if you aren’t used to it lol.
Don’t know how old you are, but they, Dale Hollow have great membership rates, very reasonable if you are a senior. And you can play any state park course in the state. Last time I checked you could get a weekday membership only or full. Unless they raised the prices it 1300.00 a year and that includes carts for a whole year.

Reactions: Backer cutter
Sub 70 3H arrived today. Slick looking club and right now before they get big (if ever) the price is right. Included a hat, a few stickers, wrench, velvet bag and a classy hand-written thank you. Try them out.
I got a sub 70 wedge. I hate it. Very head heavy and poorly machined. Hopefully the hybrid will be better.

Don’t know how old you are, but they, Dale Hollow have great membership rates, very reasonable if you are a senior. And you can play any state park course in the state. Last time I checked you could get a weekday membership only or full. Unless they raised the prices it 1300.00 a year and that includes carts for a whole year.
Thanks. Yeah, will check into it. I’m 60 by the way, going on 90. But I’ve heard they have discounts for different ages and frequency of play. Will definitely check into it as I go along. Like I said earlier, just getting back into it. Have only played 5 rounds. That’s like only shooting 5 free throws per practice at UK basketball practices. Wait, oh shit, I’ll never get the hang of this.

Only 4 of the last 29 LPGA majors has been won by an American.

I know it sounds racist, probably is, but it is killing the LPGA tour, the Korean and Chinese and Japanese tour is basically taking over the LPGA. Girl that won yesterday had only played 3 times on LPGA tour, no one had never heard of her, how can anyone get excited about a total unknown winning, unless she sticks around and becomes a great player, it is happening all the time on the LPGA tour. Don't know why American women aren't better, Wie has basically quit playing, and most of the rest don't seem to be ever in contention anymore.

Reactions: parrott
I know it sounds racist, probably is, but it is killing the LPGA tour, the Korean and Chinese and Japanese tour is basically taking over the LPGA. Girl that won yesterday had only played 3 times on LPGA tour, no one had never heard of her, how can anyone get excited about a total unknown winning, unless she sticks around and becomes a great player, it is happening all the time on the LPGA tour. Don't know why American women aren't better, Wie has basically quit playing, and most of the rest don't seem to be ever in contention anymore.

All true....

Reactions: Tskware
Thanks. Yeah, will check into it. I’m 60 by the way, going on 90. But I’ve heard they have discounts for different ages and frequency of play. Will definitely check into it as I go along. Like I said earlier, just getting back into it. Have only played 5 rounds. That’s like only shooting 5 free throws per practice at UK basketball practices. Wait, oh shit, I’ll never get the hang of this.
Yea but don’t it cost 40 bucks to play DH?

Americans are laz
Americans are lazy and not willing to put in the work. The younger girls are dedicated till they get a fat checking account and discover Dick.

Max Homa, who is great on Twitter, did this after the Tiger/Charlie hoopla today.

7 hours later footjoy responded;

Reactions: parrott
Just posting because I know others here appreciate guys who look at a ball and think before they decide what the hell to do with it.

Here's another Tiger fact: his son might be the best junior golfer in the history of the sport, 52 times better than the 2nd best player his age. And to watch Tiger interact with him is pure unicorn magic dust stuff. I forget why they don't live together.

I'm sorry, I had to do it. You probably grew up in the Tiger era. I'm a Jack guy. Here's some stats:

18 majors
19 runners up
73 top 10's

You can bet on Charlie Woods to win a professional major. Current odds are +82,500.

Your sarcasm meter needs calibrating

He is good but he’s not the best 11 year old golfer. He just recently started playing tournaments. There are much better kids his age. Will that change? Possibly. But he isn’t the best junior golfer. Not even close.

He is good but he’s not the best 11 year old golfer. He just recently started playing tournaments. There are much better kids his age. Will that change? Possibly. But he isn’t the best junior golfer. Not even close.

Again, I was being sarcastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT