ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

EeNvnTyX0AAEebm

Reactions: treuxbleux
On a small note of local interest, if past Barbasol champ Troy Merritt goes on to win the Barracuda championship, does he become the king of the alternate tournament events?

Tough bogey on 18th from Daniel Berger in my FanDuel game. Wouldn’t have gotten second place without him. Lost by 1.5 points.

Either that or Phil’s extra five points for a bogey-free round for my opponent.

On to the major and some West Coast tee times. (Sigh)

Looking at Lexington double. What kind of shape are Kearny, Houston Oaks, UK and Cherry Blossom in?
Am I missing a course from around there that I should look at?

Marriott is usually in great shape but it's expensive unless you catch a Golf Now deal. Haven't been to Houston Oaks, Cherry Blossom or Kearney this year. Those places are usually in good shape. I play at the University Club quite often. Both the Wildcat and Big Blue are in really good shape.

Marriott is usually in great shape but it's expensive unless you catch a Golf Now deal. Haven't been to Houston Oaks, Cherry Blossom or Kearney this year. Those places are usually in good shape. I play at the University Club quite often. Both the Wildcat and Big Blue are in really good shape.

Can Joe Blow get on Big Blue or is is private?

Houston Oaks to me has the feel of playing two different 9 hole courses, if that makes any sense. It probably has more to do with the back 9 getting more into the residential area I suppose.

Houston Oaks to me has the feel of playing two different 9 hole courses, if that makes any sense. It probably has more to do with the back 9 getting more into the residential area I suppose.
Love playing there. Great drive out, typically in real nice condition, huge ballpark where you never feel like your near the clubhouse, variety of longer and shorter holes, very playable for the average golfer etc.

I like the course too. It's very fair for the average golfer and I wish I got out there to play more often. It's certainly not the Marriott or Frankfort Country Club where windows are in danger. You just don't notice any houses really until you get to the back 9.

Anyone done a golf trip to Crossville, TN? We are forgoing our annual trip to Pinehurst for a long weekend trip to Crossville. We’ve never been.

Looking at playing Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain, Stonehenge, Druid Hills and Dorchester.

Thoughts on courses and dining/post round options.

Reactions: parrott
Anyone done a golf trip to Crossville, TN? We are forgoing our annual trip to Pinehurst for a long weekend trip to Crossville. We’ve never been.

Looking at playing Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain, Stonehenge, Druid Hills and Dorchester.

Stonehenge is awesome. Bear Trace is a must. The other two are solid. Bray/Crag are also good. Restaurants are very limited, nothing memorable in 4-5 trips down.

Stonehenge is awesome. Bear Trace is a must. The other two are solid. Bray/Crag are also good. Restaurants are very limited, nothing memorable in 4-5 trips down.
Brae is being aerated day before we get there and Crag less than a week before we get there.

That’s what I thought it looked like food wise. Thanks.

Anyone played any Pittsburgh area courses? Going on a golf trip weekend of 10/11 with some buddies and it's mostly in the middle of where a bunch of us live.

I have a Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball SRT putter that I have played for several years. My daughter really wants it as she loves putting with it so I may change the shaft out to a 31 inch for her and buy me a new one. I am leaning toward a Odyssey EXO or Stroke Lab 7 or Marxman series. Anyone have either of these and if so your thoughts?

Not a big fan of Dorchester but love the others. Druid Hills - which is the oldest course there, I believe - has an interesting layout with some great views as does Stonehenge though ‘Stoney’ is a more challenging track.

Love the Heathers and it’s bad that you really don’t have the option to play there. Our group has been going for 19 years and love it.

Luckily, there’s a grocery there now - wasn’t there when we first started. Have some options for restaurants, all in/around Peavine RD and Fairfield but nothing in the way of party life.

Clubhouses are solid - especially Stonehenge - but they all close relatively early, in the 8 PM range.

Not a big fan of Dorchester but love the others. Druid Hills - which is the oldest course there, I believe - has an interesting layout with some great views as does Stonehenge though ‘Stoney’ is a more challenging track.

Love the Heathers and it’s bad that you really don’t have the option to play there. Our group has been going for 19 years and love it.

Luckily, there’s a grocery there now - wasn’t there when we first started. Have some options for restaurants, all in/around Peavine RD and Fairfield but nothing in the way of party life.

Clubhouses are solid - especially Stonehenge - but they all close relatively early, in the 8 PM range.

Thanks for the info.

Played a local public course here Sunday with my 25 year old. Just wanted to be able to jump on and play 18 real quick without Tee time and travel. First tee shot, after contact, I let go of the driver and fall to my knees. Pulled something in my rib cage on my left side. Fought thru 9 holes and told my son I could not make 18. I was going a full 2 clubs down than normal. Par 3 7th is a 205 yard hole up hill with a green elevated about 15 feet. I hit a damn 3 wood. It was well struck and still came up 3 yards short of the green. The pain was so bad I just mentally would not let myself swing with normal club head speed.It even affected my putting. Sucked and I really felt bad for my son, he absolutely worships our Sunday game. Still hurting and stiff, be lucky if I can play this Sunday.

Brae is being aerated day before we get there and Crag less than a week before we get there.

That’s what I thought it looked like food wise. Thanks.
The one restaurant that is really good is temporary closed, Village Pizza. Maybe it will be open by the time you get there. I actually like Dorchester and truthfully all the courses are good down there with some excellent views of the mountains and lakes. Its a great spot for a golf trip and they keep the courses in terrific condition.

The one restaurant that is really good is temporary closed, Village Pizza. Maybe it will be open by the time you get there. I actually like Dorchester and truthfully all the courses are good down there with some excellent views of the mountains and lakes. Its a great spot for a golf trip and they keep the courses in terrific condition.
Me and you and 57 and Bubba need to go too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT