Shot 6 180 yds to water, 43 ft 9 in. to hole

Drop in right fairway, 194 yds to hole

Shot 5 Penalty

Shot 4 182 yds to water, 38 ft 7 in. to hole

Drop in right fairway, 195 yds to hole

Shot 3 Penalty

Shot 2 198 yds to water, 35 ft 7 in. to hole

Shot 1 332 yds to right fairway, 209 yds to hole

Geezus, he just won a month ago, WTF is wrong with him?

We were going to take 6 adults and 4 grandkids to Disney in July. We were going to stay 4 nights at Animal Kingdom, with park passes and the meal plan it was 16K. Probably next year when we go it will be 17K. Prices are out of control at these parks or any venue for that matter.

I didn't know the paddock had so many poors. What's a cart corral? You guys do your own shopping still?

DJ going full McAvoy today...

Shot 9 in the hole

Shot 8 186 yds to green, 2 ft 9 in. to hole

Drop in right fairway, 185 yds to hole

Shot 7 Penalty

Shot 5 Penalty

Shot 3 Penalty

Was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Finau in the 3-ball.

I know it's a nothing tournament but it's good to guys like Thompson win a tournament. That's a major to him because he knows where he can work for the next couple years.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I know it's a nothing tournament but it's good to guys like Thompson win a tournament. That's a major to him because he knows where he can work for the next couple years.
Loved seeing him getting emotional in post round interview. These journeymen bust their asses just to stay on tour so it’s awesome to see them win.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

That nothing tournament win got him $1.2M...next week's WGC event (guaranteed check)....PGA, US Open, Maui, Masters next April, and the Players.

DJ going full McAvoy today...

Shot 9 in the hole

Shot 8 186 yds to green, 2 ft 9 in. to hole

Drop in right fairway, 185 yds to hole

Shot 7 Penalty

Shot 5 Penalty

Shot 3 Penalty

Maybe he is back on the “stuff”.

That nothing tournament win got him $1.2M...next week's WGC event (guaranteed check)....PGA, US Open, Maui, Masters next April, and the Players.
Apparently you didn't read past the nothing tournament part of my post. That win probably meant more to him than a major would to Rickie Fowler because of everything you mentioned plus the exemption for the regular tour events.

Apparently you didn't read past the nothing tournament part of my post. That win probably meant more to him than a major would to Rickie Fowler because of everything you mentioned plus the exemption for the regular tour events.

No....just focused on your "nothing tournament" quote...quite a laundry list of spiffs for a nothing tournament.

Loved seeing him getting emotional in post round interview. These journeymen bust their asses just to stay on tour so it’s awesome to see them win.

That is why I hated to see Kentucky boy Josh Teater lose that tournament earlier this year the way he did. He is one of those guys who has had to work hard to keep his card. The thing is he is one of the good guys too unlike some who, based on stories about them, are total douche bags.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Tony appears to be a great guy and obviously a very talented golfer but he does not have the “it” factor to ever become an elite player on tour. He has all the tools except the mental part. Love to see him start winning though.

Tony appears to be a great guy and obviously a very talented golfer but he does not have the “it” factor to ever become an elite player on tour. He has all the tools except the mental part. Love to see him start winning though.
Guess it depends on what your definition of elite is? What is your definition of elite?

Finau grew up broke and has like 5 kids. I think he’s the type who is content to just go out there and make several million a year. Doesn’t seem overly concerned with winning TBH.

No....just focused on your "nothing tournament" quote...quite a laundry list of spiffs for a nothing tournament.

Was 3 post debating every word he said really worth it ? What he meant to say (obvious by the strength of the field or lack of), is that the 3M is not a real important tourney for the big dogs on tour. Which is exactly why journeymen have a chance to contend for the win. The Barbasol Open looked like a weekend hacker flight tournament on TV, but it paid big money for winning and exemptions, but it is a no name tournament. Does Thompson win if Rahm, McElroy, JT, Rose, Scott, Dechambeau, Ect, ect would have played ? Maybe, he played great. But Finau was the only top ranked player to finish in the top 20, and he has not won in a good while. No need spending multiple post bashing a guy with your vast knowledge of the game of golf, especially when you are wrong in the debate. But that has never stopped you, you never let facts get in the way of a good argument. We all know that even the least ranked tournament is going to pay a million to win, we do not need a guru telling us that.

Reactions: Glenn's take
Heard from a little birdie that the PGA knew of covid positives and moved them into the same groupings last week.

No names, though.

The PGA has done the best at resuming play than any other sport. They are letting players play after no symptoms after 10 days. They are not testing players for 3 months after recovering. They are following the science.

kudos to them. I’m watching more regular tour events than I ever have.

Reactions: cole854 and parrott
As a not good golfer it’s uncanny what a hold fast greens have on my brain. I play at Lake Forest where the greens this year have been slow as hell....I feel like a maestro. Played at Champions Pointe a few weeks ago....ice skating rink. I honestly felt like an eight year old playing golf for the first time. Was an embarrassment. Go back to LF and the shag carpet greens and drain em left and right.

Golf is hard. I respect good golfers immensely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT