ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Anybody just hear Faldo? He said all you have to think about in the Backswing is a little cup in the left wrist and your thumbs pointing up. He knows more than me, I've just never heard that a cup in the left wrist at any time was good.

Used to do Crossville every year. Always great accommodations for our 8. But the lack of restaurants made us stop. Now we do the RTJ every year and have for 22 years. This is out first miss because of the virus. Headed back next year for sure. May make a 2nd trip and revisit Crossville.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Anybody just hear Faldo? He said all you have to think about in the Backswing is a little cup in the left wrist and your thumbs pointing up. He knows more than me, I've just never heard that a cup in the left wrist at any time was good.
That sounds like an awkward hinge angle.

Swing your swing. Fowler, Stenson, Couples, Faldo...all w/ a cupped left wrist to some extent. Grip and the start of the backswing also comes into play.

This guy had a pretty decent swing...

EB33VnQXYAAOWjE.jpg:large

Yeah. Some legendary ball strikers cup it at the top. I could never get it to feel comfortable, but can’t argue with the results of the guys who did it.

Yeah. Some legendary ball strikers cup it at the top. I could never get it to feel comfortable, but can’t argue with the results of the guys who did it.

Conversely, I had two pros try to teach me the bowed wrist like Dustin Johnson and I could not ever make it work, felt like the club was shut all the way through the swing, every once in a while I would catch it on the button but on the whole, my ball striking got worse, not better.

Used to do Crossville every year. Always great accommodations for our 8. But the lack of restaurants made us stop. Now we do the RTJ every year and have for 22 years. This is out first miss because of the virus. Headed back next year for sure. May make a 2nd trip and revisit Crossville.
Yeah the lack of decent eats is problematic. Just a change up from our annual Pinehurst trip because of Covid. We are loading up on steaks to take and grill.

Reactions: Tannerdad
My daughter played in her 2nd match yesterday. She actually walked and played along side an 11th grader even though she is only in 6th and can't compete on the Varsity team until next season. She did a lot better this time around and wasn't as nervous as before. She shot a 60 through 9 holes and honestly could have been closer to 55-56 if she would have spent a little more time lining up her putts. She had one hole where she 5 putted. I think she was paying a tribute to her old man though. 🤷‍♂️😆

Reactions: cawoodsct
Played Cherry Blossom today. Man that place is in bad shape. Crab grass on every tee box, the fairways were like the first cut of rough, and the greens had more pock marks than a greasy teenager. Won’t be going back this year.

Hope you are right. Wonder what Phil’s schedule will look like after this.

What’s more annoying - Phil’s shades, or the way he chews gum on the course?

He won’t win another PGA event unless it’s a remarkably week or tiny field at something like the Hero, but he could reel off 30 wins in the next 5 years on the old man circuit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT