ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Jack's an old fart who wants to preserve as much of the original game as possible, and that is understood. However, he has the opportunities to design or modify the courses that put more emphasis on shot making over power....with power still being a part of the game. If a guy can hit it 400, then so be it. Last I checked Bryson was +1 yesterday.

If Kyle Berkshire was playing, are you going to take his biggest strength away?

Two of the smallest guys on tour were in the playoff last week on Jack's course...and they lit it up. What do you tell them?

Let's move the 3P line back...it's too easy now was the argument.... Let's move the fences back as everyone can hit a HR...times change, and the games change.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Jack is redesigning his ballpark for next year at Muirfield and I’m
sure he will at least consider where Byson DeChambeef is hitting it this week.

Reactions: treuxbleux

Jack's an old fart who wants to preserve as much of the original game as possible, and that is understood. However, he has the opportunities to design or modify the courses that put more emphasis on shot making over power....with power still being a part of the game. If a guy can hit it 400, then so be it. Last I checked Bryson was +1 yesterday.

If Kyle Berkshire was playing, are you going to take his biggest strength away?

Two of the smallest guys on tour were in the playoff last week on Jack's course...and they lit it up. What do you tell them?

Let's move the 3P line back...it's too easy now was the argument.... Let's move the fences back as everyone can hit a HR...times change, and the games change.

Equipment has totally changed pro golf though and you can't keep buying adjacent properties forever to lengthen the courses. Something has to give. But modern players are just bigger and stronger than 40 years ago and that is just progress.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Made no difference in the end, but thought the 2 shot penalty on Rahm was complete BS. Commentators said PGA and the new rules had decided that "technology" would not be used to assess penalties. And then they had to use a HD 4K camera to show that the ball maybe oscillated 1 or 2 dimples, did not improve his lie, and no one could have possibly noticed except for the HD camera focused right on the back of his ball. I wonder if it had really mattered that they would have reached a different conclusion.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Catman100
Made no difference in the end, but thought the 2 shot penalty on Rahm was complete BS. Commentators said PGA and the new rules had decided that "technology" would not be used to assess penalties. And then they had to use a HD 4K camera to show that the ball maybe oscillated 1 or 2 dimples, did not improve his lie, and no one could have possibly noticed except for the HD camera focused right on the back of his ball. I wonder if it had really mattered that they would have reached a different conclusion.

Thoughts?
Total BS as he did nothing to improve his lie. I can't remember who it was (may have been Rahm as well), I believe on Sat they did a close up shot of a chip shot and it looked as close to moving as his ball did yesterday but nobody said anything. Fact is when the ball is up against grass there is a chance it's going to move in the slightest way when a player brings the club close to address.

I will say this though. Anyone who has played enough knows when their ball moves in the slightest. The difference is better players are generally looking at the target most of the time whereas average to poor players tend to focus on the ball way too much making it easier for them to see it move.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Thoughts?

As soon as it happened live I said it was going to be a penalty. They were zoomed on the ball but it was obvious the ball moved and Rahm caused it even without slow mo (which I think is the new standard). Glad it didn’t end up costing him.

You gotta like Rahm's game right now but I like his wife even better.

nintchdbpict000306991305.jpg

Loved the footage of them tearing up the greens at Muirfield - a few white guys standing around and a bunch of Latinos actually working.

It's funny how ladies will ignore a guys looks if he is rich. I say a pic of Luke Combs and his wife/girlfriend whichever she is. We all have a guy who looks just about like Old Luke in our town and they don't have a significant other who looks like that. NASCAR drivers like Kyle Busch are another example.

You gotta like Rahm's game right now but I like his wife even better.

nintchdbpict000306991305.jpg

Reactions: UK82
It's funny how ladies will ignore a guys looks if he is rich. I say a pic of Luke Combs and his wife/girlfriend whichever she is. We all have a guy who looks just about like Old Luke in our town and they don't have a significant other who looks like that. NASCAR drivers like Kyle Busch are another example.
Yeah even the homely Jason Dufner snagged a hot wife. I think he's divorced but still.

Hilton Head golf
Played Bearcreek, Fazio and Hills at Palmetto Dunes. Reminded myself why I did not like Hills course, which I hadn't played in 15 years. Fairly easy front side and gimmicky, tight back side.
Fazio has some repetitive holes. Bearcreek, ditto. No scenery on any of the courses that stand out.

Golf tournament at Wild Turkey Trace this weekend. 74 two-man teams. I used to dislike that course but since they spent some money to fix it up, it has grown on me. My last 5 rounds there this year have been in the 70's so hoping to play well and maybe take home some cash. Should be a good time either way.

Anyone tried the swing analyzer on 18birdies golf app? You just upload a video of your swing and the AI system rates you on a scale of 1-10 and gives you training tips to correct the issues with your swing. As a side note female golfer Paige Spiranic did it and her swing was, if I remember correctly, rated at 9.2 out of 10. I have watched a couple of guys trashing it on youtube but I wonder if a lot of it is due to them being "pros" and getting scores in the 7.5-8.00 range. [laughing]

Anyone tried the swing analyzer on 18birdies golf app? You just upload a video of your swing and the AI system rates you on a scale of 1-10 and gives you training tips to correct the issues with your swing. As a side note female golfer Paige Spiranic did it and her swing was, if I remember correctly, rated at 9.2 out of 10. I have watched a couple of guys trashing it on youtube but I wonder if a lot of it is due to them being "pros" and getting scores in the 7.5-8.00 range. [laughing]

Now THAT would be funny... hackers upload your swing and let GOLFRO roast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT