ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs Florida Who Do We Pull For

Probably not going to matter.

Florida doesn’t have any losable SEC games after Georgia. So if Florida wins, they’ll almost definitely finish with just 1 SEC loss.
That means we have to win our 4 remaining SEC games to win the East.(Head to Head tiebreaker goes to us)

If Georgia wins, then we would still have to beat them to have a realistic chance to win the East.

There’s really just one legitimate way to get to Atlanta, and that’s to go 4-0 in the remaining SEC games.

Probably no chance in any other scenario.

Both have only 3 SEC games left,UF has the UGA game and 2 home games. UGA comes to Lexington and has a bad Auburn team at home.

UF plays SC and Missouri( two teams that could give them a run for their money but probably wont.

A UF win almost hands them the East so UGA needs to get their stuff together.

UF did their best to lose yesterday but Vandy wouldn't allow it.

If we are as good as we hope we are just get to the UGA game with one loss and roll the dice.

Last edited:
I can’t decide. I really want Georgia to be highly ranked when they come to Lexington. They need to beat Florida to do that. But I also don’t see Florida losing another game if they beat Georgia. If I knew UK could run the table, I would say I want Georgia to win. But that’s a dicey proposition at best. Plus if Georgia loses, that means they come into Lexington with two straight losses. I don’t see them losing three straight games.

Gators have improved weekly on both l.o.s., toughness, team speed! As for me I'll be pulling for Them Dawgs Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia!
Be interesting to see how Bulldogs handle adversity. Up to now most everyone been telling them how good they were. One of my old teammates and former college coach from Louisiana told me first of week UGA got a commitment from the top rated running back in the bayou state!
I'm not surprised at their loss in Death Valley. Many a favorite team have suffered defeat there!

I can’t decide. I really want Georgia to be highly ranked when they come to Lexington. They need to beat Florida to do that. But I also don’t see Florida losing another game if they beat Georgia. If I knew UK could run the table, I would say I want Georgia to win. But that’s a dicey proposition at best. Plus if Georgia loses, that means they come into Lexington with two straight losses. I don’t see them losing three straight games.
I would rather have them coming in off a win I think,but if they lose their title hopes are all but gone and they might be flat.

UF won yesterday but didn't look all that good doing it

I hope UF and UGA beat the tar out of each other in a 6 overtime game

We likely need a uga win.

Almost any scenario of us winning east will need us to beat uga head to head.

If uga beats Florida, it would allow us to lose one game against (Missou, vandy, or tenn) and still win the east if we beat uga.

If uf wins, and wins out, then we will need to win out to win the east.

However if uf beat uga and we lost to uga, but won all other games, we could tie for east still if uf lost a game to (Missou or usc, both home games for them). These are not likely losses for them.

Since uga beating them would allow us more room for error, we should pull for uga as of now ( I believe).

In my opinion its better for UF to win to keep Georgia reeling.
We have the tie breaker over UF. A loss by the Dawgs gives them 2 in the SEC, thus based on having the tie breaker over the Dawgs, the Gators would need to lose 2 more SEC games for UGA to have a shot and looking at UFs schedule that simply will not happen.

A win over the Gators would likely rejuvanate the young Dawgs, where as a loss would keep their proverbial tails between their legs heading to the Bluegrass.

Last edited:
We need to win our way to the UGA game,how is it that every game of the Stoops era is so damn important and seems to take on a life of it's own.

Coming off a bye week we have to take care of Vandy or all this UGA/UF stuff doesn't matter,then we have to go to Missouri and play our "A" game there. Have we made enough progress with our mindset that we can do what we need to do? There is enough reason to believe we have but until we actually do it we just don't know.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I looked it up. Georgia has lost 3 games in a row once in the past 25 plus years. We need to pull for Georgia.
This isnt a normal year, this isnt a normal UK team and the game is in Lexington.

I respect your research but trust me we dont want UGA having a realistic shot at the East coming in.

How do you know the Missouri game is at 11?

I haven’t seen that announced yet? Just curious.
Someone said ESPN posted it during game. Sec has not made it official and won’t make it to Monday. Looking at schedule for the week I honk it’s a 730 eastern sec network game

Unless ESPN puts us on at noon for some odd reason. Not a game a lot of national eyes will be on, but if slate that morning is bad could get casual viewer on major network where this game gets lost in shuffle of on prime time outside the two states. (And neither of these are football viewer hotbeds)

Someone said ESPN posted it during game. Sec has not made it official and won’t make it to Monday. Looking at schedule for the week I honk it’s a 730 eastern sec network game

Unless ESPN puts us on at noon for some odd reason. Not a game a lot of national eyes will be on, but if slate that morning is bad could get casual viewer on major network where this game gets lost in shuffle of on prime time outside the two states. (And neither of these are football viewer hotbeds)
Thanks

I want UGA to win against UF
Then we beat UGA

Sounds good right?
Absolutely. This would be the best case scenario. If this were to happen we could hypothetically lose another game, and all three of would be tied at 6-2, but we would hold the head to head tiebreaker.

At this point, we just need to win out, and taking these games one a time I believe we can do that.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
If we can win out, it does not matter who wins. Because we have beaten UF, I would cheer for UF. My hope is that UF was the toughest team on our schedule and our fumble was at A&M. If that is true and UGA loses to UF, I will feel good. But, we need to beat Vandy. If we overlook Vandy, we lose the SECE.

I like our position because there are 3 teams left that can win the East and we have already beaten one of the other two, and the other two have yet to play against each other. We control our own destiny regardless of what the other two do. If we beat Georgia it would be really hard to see how we don't win the East but yea I can see why people are wanting Florida to lose, because if they win out and we lose one more, even if we beat UGA, then Florida gets the ticket and we stay home.

I’d like a UGA win, UF has a relatively easy conference schedule after that game. UGA could lose another’s game, we could lose another game, and still play them for the east title. It just gives us a little margin for error.

Reactions: Pike 96
I like our position because there are 3 teams left that can win the East and we have already beaten one of the other two, and the other two have yet to play against each other. We control our own destiny regardless of what the other two do. If we beat Georgia it would be really hard to see how we don't win the East but yea I can see why people are wanting Florida to lose, because if they win out and we lose one more, even if we beat UGA, then Florida gets the ticket and we stay home.
You have it right.

UF-UGA will play at TIAA Bank Field, technically a neutral site but will be pro-UF. UGA is coming off a painful loss at Baton Rouge. UGA will be mad. UF barely beat Vandy in Nashville. This isn’t the best time to play UGA. Unless UGA has locker room issues, this game shapes up as a bounce back week by the Bulldogs. That is why UGA is about a 12 point favorite so far.

This is absolutely incorrect. If UGA beats Florida we can lose a game if WE beat UGA.

Yeah but any intelligent Kentucky fan would feel a lot better about our chances if we were six and one going into the Tennessee game on the road. They would love nothing more than for us to lose the Missouri and then beat Georgia and then come there and have them ruin our season

Even beyond sec championship...we want to be ahead of florida in the bowl pecking order...

I hate the dawgs..but oh well

Reactions: jmac786
You have it right.

UF-UGA will play at TIAA Bank Field, technically a neutral site but will be pro-UF. UGA is coming off a painful loss at Baton Rouge. UGA will be mad. UF barely beat Vandy in Nashville. This isn’t the best time to play UGA. Unless UGA has locker room issues, this game shapes up as a bounce back week by the Bulldogs. That is why UGA is about a 12 point favorite so far.

I agree but Gators were in a "sandwich" game this week playing Vandy in between LSU and Georgia. So while I think you're right in that UGA will be in a bounce back mode, I would think Florida will also.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I wish we always didn’t feel like we had to back door our way into things. But our fans are battered over the years so I can’t blame them. Instead of worrying about crazy scenarios where teams lose so we can back door our way in, let’s just go take care of business. We’ve got a manageable second half of the schedule and a really talented and experienced team. This isn’t a year where we have to try and sneak in the back door crossing our fingers hoping that other teams lose so we can sneak in. Gotta’ lose that battered fan syndrome.

I wish we always didn’t feel like we had to back door our way into things. But our fans are battered over the years so I can’t blame them. Instead of worrying about crazy scenarios where teams lose so we can back door our way in, let’s just go take care of business. We’ve got a manageable second half of the schedule and a really talented and experienced team. This isn’t a year where we have to try and sneak in the back door crossing our fingers hoping that other teams lose so we can sneak in. Gotta’ lose that battered fan syndrome.
I lost my BFS seconds after Allen’s strip sack sealed Florida’s fate in the Swamp!

ADVERTISEMENT