ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs Florida Who Do We Pull For

I wish we always didn’t feel like we had to back door our way into things. But our fans are battered over the years so I can’t blame them. Instead of worrying about crazy scenarios where teams lose so we can back door our way in, let’s just go take care of business. We’ve got a manageable second half of the schedule and a really talented and experienced team. This isn’t a year where we have to try and sneak in the back door crossing our fingers hoping that other teams lose so we can sneak in. Gotta’ lose that battered fan syndrome.
I agree with this 100%,50+ years of what we have lived with as UK fans is hard to overcome.Even in 1977 we didn't begin to understand how good we were until the LSU and UGA games late in the year. I don't think this team is that good but they might be in the ballpark,we just can't tell.

I honestly believe the next two will tell us who we are,I don't expect to beat Vandy by 4 TD's but I believe if we are as good as it appears we will be in control come the 4th quarter and the game won't be in doubt for the last 8 minutes or so.

Moving on to Missouri,can we go on the road and win a game that has the implication that one will have after a win over Vandy.

We have been here (sort of) before with Stoops but never this late in the season with as many things working in our favor. There is good reason to believe we can get the job done,but as old time fans we have to see it done before we allow ourselves to fully embrace it.

I hope the team knows and believes that this year is different than it has been since they arrived.They are the ones who know for sure

Talked to a lot of gator fans since yesterday. Everyone of them are confident of beating Georgia in Jacksonville. They say, we got this. Some are actually making plans for Atlanta.

Typical Gators. So I say go Dawgs.
I think the Gators will have their hands full with the Dawgs. They will come after Franks pretty hard.Smart and his guys got punched in the mouth hard yesterday I think they will respond well ,much to the dismay of UF.

I think the Gators will have their hands full with the Dawgs. They will come after Franks pretty hard.Smart and his guys got punched in the mouth hard yesterday I think they will respond well ,much to the dismay of UF.
Let's hope so for two reasons. 1) Shut up my neighbors 2) We need another loss for UF.

Which win would best suit our interest?

I have been thinking about this from all angles and I am still undecided. Can anybody give me a hand and show me the light? I guess when it is all said and done, we have our destiny in our hands and just win baby.
Georgia. We’ve already beaten Florida. That feels good to say. If they win, and we win these next 3 we win the SEC East even if we lose in Knoxville. Yea I know that’s a lot of “if’s”.

gotta cheer for UGA over UF. period. Allows us to lose/absorb a 2nd lose(Vandy, @Mizz, @UT) and still go to Atlanta. IF UGA beats and we beat Vandy and Mizz, we would be playing UGA for the East(even with UT remaining) on National television on CBS 330 slot... How beyond sweet would it be and how great for the program to win the East in that environment and that manner!!

Is it reasonable to say that currently no one in the East(other than us) is as good as the SEC Network media thought they would be? Notwithstanding that the East may be better than the West(other than Alabama)

In my opinion its better for UF to win to keep Georgia reeling.
We have the tie breaker over UF. A loss by the Dawgs gives them 2 in the SEC, thus based on having the tie breaker over the Dawgs, the Gators would need to lose 2 more SEC games for UGA to have a shot and looking at UFs schedule that simply will not happen.

A win over the Gators would likely rejuvanate the young Dawgs, where as a loss would keep their proverbial tails between their legs heading to the Bluegrass.
Personally, because of their fans' attitude toward us, I routinely am happy for Florida to lose. The only possible exception would be if they played Lil Brother, and that would be a very close call.

We need to win our way to the UGA game,how is it that every game of the Stoops era is so damn important and seems to take on a life of it's own.

Coming off a bye week we have to take care of Vandy or all this UGA/UF stuff doesn't matter.
And this is why I hope they never expand the playoffs pass 6 teams.

here's the other question...what happens if us, UF, and UGA all have 2 losses with all three losing to one of the others and beating one?? could happen. Anyone know the tie breaker??

UF bests UGA(UGA 6-2, L to UF)
UGA beats us(UK 6-2, L to UGA)
UF loses to Mizz or USC(UF 6-2, L to UK)

I think the first tiebreaker is East record?
That would disqualify Florida for losing two East games verses UK and another. I assume the head to head would come into play at that point and it would be UGA...

All that said.....just win baby!!

Probably not going to matter.

Florida doesn’t have any losable SEC games after Georgia. So if Florida wins, they’ll almost definitely finish with just 1 SEC loss.
That means we have to win our 4 remaining SEC games to win the East.(Head to Head tiebreaker goes to us)

If Georgia wins, then we would still have to beat them to have a realistic chance to win the East.

There’s really just one legitimate way to get to Atlanta, and that’s to go 4-0 in the remaining SEC games.

Probably no chance in any other scenario.

If Georgia beats Florida and we beat Georgia, we'd have room to drop a game at Missouri or at Tennessee.

Reactions: sjjones

I have been thinking about this from all angles and I am still undecided. Can anybody give me a hand and show me the light? I guess when it is all said and done, we have our destiny in our hands and just win baby.
Absolutely!!! Just win baby win and we don't need any help, although wouldn't mind seeing both getting beat again

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Is it reasonable to say that currently no one in the East(other than us) is as good as the SEC Network media thought they would be? Notwithstanding that the East may be better than the West(other than Alabama)

I don't think the East is better than the West but the Gap has closed significantly. Florida beating LSU was impressive as was Kentucky's win over Mississippi State. That said, Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M are pretty good. Favor of the top three in the SEC West over the top three in the east.

As much as it sucks having beaten Fla, they probably have the easiest schedule closing out...all three sec games left are played in the state of Fla and they have gone 3-0 on the road kinda negating our win there. Georgia's is probably the next easiest with us third. MUST beat Vandy , UT and Mizzou to have a shot.

Reactions: docholiday51
I agree with this 100%,50+ years of what we have lived with as UK fans is hard to overcome.Even in 1977 we didn't begin to understand how good we were until the LSU and UGA games late in the year. I don't think this team is that good but they might be in the ballpark,we just can't tell.

I honestly believe the next two will tell us who we are,I don't expect to beat Vandy by 4 TD's but I believe if we are as good as it appears we will be in control come the 4th quarter and the game won't be in doubt for the last 8 minutes or so.

Moving on to Missouri,can we go on the road and win a game that has the implication that one will have after a win over Vandy.

We have been here (sort of) before with Stoops but never this late in the season with as many things working in our favor. There is good reason to believe we can get the job done,but as old time fans we have to see it done before we allow ourselves to fully embrace it.

I hope the team knows and believes that this year is different than it has been since they arrived.They are the ones who know for sure
More scared of Mizzou game than Ga...Will we need to score a ton of points to beat them, and if so can we?

As much as it sucks having beaten Fla, they probably have the easiest schedule closing out...all three sec games left are played in the state of Fla and they have gone 3-0 on the road kinda negating our win there. Georgia's is probably the next easiest with us third. MUST beat Vandy , UT and Mizzou to have a shot.

No, as stated many times earlier in this thread, as long as UGA beats UF and we beat UGA, then we can actually lose another SEC game (Vandy/Mizzou/UT) and still go to Atlanta.

Georgia. We will need to beat Georgia for it to matter and if we do that then Georgia can't beat us out. They still have a pretty tough schedule Florida only has one loss and they don't play much. Over all it only matter slightly. The best case scenario is to beat UGA in which case we would have to collapse to not win the east. But I believe we can win the east no more than 2 losses. but pretty much any scenario has us needing a win over UGA. If we do that then we don't need UGA to lose. We are better off with it coming down to us and UGA rather than a spit decision between 3 teams. And if Florida wins we might get a worse bowl game as well.

More scared of Mizzou game than Ga...Will we need to score a ton of points to beat them, and if so can we?
maybe it won't be the shootout you expect slugger, our coaches know what Lock can do with the ball in his hands and no pressure. Shorten the game, give him limited touches and turn 41 loose on Lock.

I think there is a missing element to our offense,I'm not saying it isn't there but that it hasn't emerged yet.I will borrow a line from the great soothsayer Bruce Pearl "we have other weapons". We have enough playmakers to put plenty of points on the board,we just haven't put together all the pieces yet.It seems we are forever waiting for THE game(maybe UF was and we just don't know it. Missouri does worry me as well mainly because you don't know what you will get from them.

If(and we should be)we are 6-1 going in there a good vs great season hangs in the balance .7-1 vs 6-2 coming out of there probably means the difference in a New Year's bowl vs some other bowl.

One game at a time,beat Vandy then move on to the next one.I hope our players are sold on this approach

I think UF could slip up along the way,the home games help but they had too much trouble with Vandy for me to think that Missouri or South Carolina have no shot.

If Missouri is good enough to beat us then they are good enough to give UF problems. Muschamp should be able to dream up something for them to have to deal with.

Florida no doubt. Georgia fans are ***** since they had became relevant again.
Respectively disagree. Never had an issue with Georgia fans. Good people. Florida fans have been the most obnoxious fans I've met and that was in Commonwealth not the swamp. Go DAWGS! Beat the gators badly!

There's potential for a wild home stretch to end the season.

UGA could very easily lose to UK, Florida and/or Auburn. Dawgs offensive line issue and more difficult road give them the greater chance to drop 1 if not multiple games.

Florida could very easily lose to UGA, Missouri, and/or SC. Florida is improving, but Vandy gave them all they wanted.

I like our road down the stretch a tad bit better. In addition to the above mentioned UGA offensive line problems, we get them at home. However, we do have 4 SEC games left and everyone else has 3 so we have 1 more shot at a conference loss.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread, I am unequivocally rooting for UGA in every single game this season except against UK.

We do the back-door-to-Atlanta math every stinking year as UK fans and it never turns out that way. Not this year! We beat UGA and we are in Atlanta, even with another random loss to Missouri or UT.

If UGA beats us, they would have to lose to Florida AND Auburn, plus Florida would have to have another loss to get UK to Atlanta. Not happening.

#GoDawgs

Why is everybody so worried about Missouri? Look at Lock's stats against SEC teams this year.

53-110 189 ypg 1 Touchdown 5 int.

That's against Alabama (4th best defense in SEC) Georgia (3rd best defense in SEC) South Carolina (8th best defense in SEC)

We are the 2nd best defense in the SEC. We will have the scheme to win this game in my opinion so glad it's not at night.

Like I said in another thread, I am unequivocally rooting for UGA in every single game this season except against UK.

We do the back-door-to-Atlanta math every stinking year as UK fans and it never turns out that way. Not this year! We beat UGA and we are in Atlanta, even with another random loss to Missouri or UT.

If UGA beats us, they would have to lose to Florida AND Auburn, plus Florida would have to have another loss to get UK to Atlanta. Not happening.

#GoDawgs

Right now unless Georgia goes to Fields not sure they beat Florida. That would require UK to win out since the Gators host Missouri and South Carolina.

I see wins there.

Florida. We beat them so we win out in a tie, plus I think they also have a better chance of dropping another one than UGA.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Florida. We beat them so we win out in a tie, plus I think they also have a better chance of dropping another one than UGA.

South Carolina and Missouri both come to the Swamp not sure either one can beat the Gators.

Both have only 3 SEC games left,UF has the UGA game and 2 home games. UGA comes to Lexington and has a bad Auburn team at home.

UF plays SC and Missouri( two teams that could give them a run for their money but probably wont.

A UF win almost hands them the East so UGA needs to get their stuff together.

UF did their best to lose yesterday but Vandy wouldn't allow it.

If we are as good as we hope we are just get to the UGA game with one loss and roll the dice.
Vandy changed after that #5 (Vaughn) got hurt. Fla couldn't stop him.

here's the other question...what happens if us, UF, and UGA all have 2 losses with all three losing to one of the others and beating one?? could happen. Anyone know the tie breaker??

UF bests UGA(UGA 6-2, L to UF)
UGA beats us(UK 6-2, L to UGA)
UF loses to Mizz or USC(UF 6-2, L to UK)

I think the first tiebreaker is East record?
That would disqualify Florida for losing two East games verses UK and another. I assume the head to head would come into play at that point and it would be UGA...

All that said.....just win baby!!

Sounds very logical-------so I have to wonder if it is correct, lol.

You said for a long time we had to score over 30 points a game to have a chance in the SEC. That has been debunked a while ago There is a good chance we will need to score 30 against Mizzou to win, but if we do I don't like our chances of winning nearly as much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT