ADVERTISEMENT

GA vs Florida: All UK fans

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
Need to pray for Georgia to beat FL Saturday afternoon before we take the field for our game.

A Georgia win will eliminate UT from SEC East championship.

If Georgia loses to Florida, UT has a shot at beating GA in Knoxville ext week and either Florida or UT will be East Champions.

You will see a whole different level of UT play depending on if they are still in or completely out of the race.

Go Dogs.

Florida isn't good enough to beat Georgia.

Not worried about it.
Georgia had played very average football..........up until the UK game.

Every other team pressured Carson Beck and under pressure he is a very average QB.

Totally inexcusable that our coaching staff chose to not pressure the QB when we played them.

Without Brock Bowers Georgia probably loses two of those early games. BB was 50% of their offense.

Bowers is out for the year. Both Florida and UT have a shot at beating GA, and MO possibly has the best chance of all three to beat the Dogs w/o Bowers. JMO.

Georgia had played very average football..........up until the UK game.

Every other team pressured Carson Beck and under pressure he is a very average QB.

Totally inexcusable that our coaching staff chose to not pressure the QB when we played them.

Without Brock Bowers Georgia probably loses two of those early games. BB was 50% of their offense.

Bowers is out for the year. Both Florida and UT have a shot at beating GA, and MO possibly has the best chance of all three to beat the Dogs w/o Bowers. JMO.

You missed on everything, Bowers is expected back by UT game, had the same surgery Tua had and he returned in 27 days, same surgeon too. Beck has hit on 72% of his passes and has looked good when coaches let him throw downfield. But injuries have hit the offense hard this season, missing 2 starters and 1st guy off the bench on OL, McConkey has only played a handful of snaps, 2 of top 3 RB have been out and now Bowers. That's alot of injuries to have to deal with. Likely starting 2 frosh at both OT tomorrow, but one been starting all season but down to number 5 OT

Need to pray for Georgia to beat FL Saturday afternoon before we take the field for our game.

If Georgia loses to Florida, UT has a shot at beating GA in Knoxville ext week and either Florida or UT will be East Champions.

You will see a whole different level of UT play depending on if they are still in or completely out of the race.

Go Dogs.
Do you actually believe the outcome of the GA-FL game will affect how TN's players play tomorrow? You think the Vols will quit tomorrow if FL beats GA? Based on what? Get a grip. It's a rivalry game. The two teams hate one another. This is exactly the kind of game a team plays for one win, just to take it out on the opponent.

You missed on everything, Bowers is expected back by UT game, had the same surgery Tua had and he returned in 27 days, same surgeon too. Beck has hit on 72% of his passes and has looked good when coaches let him throw downfield. But injuries have hit the offense hard this season, missing 2 starters and 1st guy off the bench on OL, McConkey has only played a handful of snaps, 2 of top 3 RB have been out and now Bowers. That's alot of injuries to have to deal with. Likely starting 2 frosh at both OT tomorrow, but one been starting all season but down to number 5 OT
Had not seen the news on Bowers being able to return that early. The report I saw said they were shooting for getting him back by SEC championship game.

Beck hit on 100% of his passes against us in the first half when he had zero pressure on him which is much better than 72%.

Carson Beck had his highest completion percentage and his highest QBR against us.......

That is great news for Georgia.

Had not seen the news on Bowers being able to return that early. The report I saw said they were shooting for getting him back by SEC championship game.

Beck hit on 100% of his passes against us in the first half when he had zero pressure on him which is much better than 72%.

Carson Beck had his highest completion percentage and his highest QBR against us.......

That is great news for Georgia.

That 100% was a rarity and he hasn't had much pressure all year. Beck's issue has been not wanting to go downfield he was wearing the flats out with 2-3 yard throws, he is gaining confidence but not where he should be at this point. UT is the target date for Bowers of course that means everything went perfect, from what I understood it was a high ankle sprang and this procedure speeds the recovery, doesn't make sense to me but his family made the decision to have the surgery instead of healing naturally. 3rd one we had this year, the first is playing, ironically a TE.

Reactions: cathouse
That 100% was a rarity and he hasn't had much pressure all year. Beck's issue has been not wanting to go downfield he was wearing the flats out with 2-3 yard throws, he is gaining confidence but not where he should be at this point. UT is the target date for Bowers of course that means everything went perfect, from what I understood it was a high ankle sprang and this procedure speeds the recovery, doesn't make sense to me but his family made the decision to have the surgery instead of healing naturally. 3rd one we had this year, the first is playing, ironically a TE.
Best of luck to the young man. He is unstoppable on the field.

Hoping he is 100% for UT game.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS

Go Dogs.
Never had much luck with prayer. I'll hope for the best.

Best of luck to the young man. He is unstoppable on the field.

Hoping he is 100% for UT game.

Never said he was unstoppable, but at this point in the season he has had a good year. But reality is our schedule hasn't been very challenging but his best game has been against the best team he has faced.

Reactions: cathouse
It will be interesting to see what the Bowerless Dawgs can get done today. Historically Florida plays Georgia really well in Jacksonville, but I just don't think they have enough to pull it off. They may beat the spread though.

Never said he was unstoppable, but at this point in the season he has had a good year. But reality is our schedule hasn't been very challenging but his best game has been against the best team he has faced.

I was on a cruise the last two Saturdays so didn't even know he got injured. Glad he is gonna be back for TN hopefully.

Georgia dominating without Bowers.

Their 3 toughest games remain with Missouri, ole miss and UT so about time they picked it up more consistently.

I was on a cruise the last two Saturdays so didn't even know he got injured. Glad he is gonna be back for TN hopefully.

It was a high ankle sprain, at least that is my understanding. Brock and his family decided to have "tightrope" surgery. It's suppose to be a quicker heal than healing naturally. We have been told his target date for returning is the UT game, but the announcer seem to think he is done,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT