ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia & Arkansas Question

thedahc

Freshman
Aug 3, 2006
When we beat Georgia there were a lot of posters here saying that we shouldn't be excited about that win because we fell apart at the end and we need to learn to close.

Then we do exactly that and beat Arkansas on the road by playing very well at the end and the same posters said we shouldn't be excited because we struggled so much at the beginning.

Feels like those posters should have been happy with the end of game improvement shown from Georgia to Arkansas and acknowledged it, but for some reason they didn't

So to summarize:
strong early suspect late vs Georgia (win)= not happy we can't close
suspect early strong late vs Arkansas (win)= not happy we start slow

Is the only way to be happy by firing on all cylinders at all times and winning every game by 20?

Let's see.

We were up on Georgia by about 28 points, with 7 or 8 minutes left in the game. Ended up winning by single digits. I'd call that a late collapse.

Arkansas is 10-10, and we looked awful the first 25 or 30 minutes of the game.

When you're Kentucky, a blue blood with fans that want to compete for a national title, bad segments of games will get critiqued.

When we beat Georgia there were a lot of posters here saying that we shouldn't be excited about that win because we fell apart at the end and we need to learn to close.

Then we do exactly that and beat Arkansas on the road by playing very well at the end and the same posters said we shouldn't be excited because we struggled so much at the beginning.

Feels like those posters should have been happy with the end of game improvement shown from Georgia to Arkansas and acknowledged it, but for some reason they didn't

So to summarize:
strong early suspect late vs Georgia (win)= not happy we can't close
suspect early strong late vs Arkansas (win)= not happy we start slow

Is the only way to be happy by firing on all cylinders at all times and winning every game by 20?

First - don’t care what others think, don’t let it change what you think.

Second - instead of trying to argue with those who feel differently, focus on those you feel you can have good conversation with.

Good luck. Harder that it seems sometimes. And that goes for both crowds here.

Let's see.

We were up on Georgia by about 28 points, with 7 or 8 minutes left in the game. Ended up winning by single digits. I'd call that a late collapse.

Arkansas is 10-10, and we looked awful the first 25 or 30 minutes of the game.

When you're Kentucky, a blue blood with fans that want to compete for a national title, bad segments of games will get critiqued.
you forgot the train wreck That was the South Carolina game also. Already a bad taste in fans mouths before the Arkansas game.

The team has played two good halves out of the last six. Not very encouraging.

This fanbase knows what a championship contender looks like and therefore gets discouraged when our team doesn't look like one for multiple long stretches.

Reactions: Mike-D
Some aren't happy unless you win every game by 40. Even then, I'm not sure they would be happy, saying we don't have any experience winning a close game.

Reactions: thedahc
you forgot the train wreck That was the South Carolina game also. Already a bad taste in fans mouths before the Arkansas game.

The team has played two good halves out of the last six. Not very encouraging.
And pulled off two wins with only two good halfs! So they found a way.

This fanbase knows what a championship contender looks like and therefore gets discouraged when our team doesn't look like one for multiple long stretches.
I get this, and I guess you could call them fluky years (and I know it was more than a decade ago), but 2011 and 2014 sure didn't seem like championship contenders at this point in the season. But by year's end, they were. Heck, even the 2017 team was 18-5 around this point of the year (including a 22 point loss at Florida). Road games are tough in the SEC. I'm not too worried about the ending of the UGA game, because they clearly let their foot off the gas and UGA shot a TON of free throws in that stretch due to some questionable officiating. We are still one of the what, 15 teams that could legitimately win it all this year. To say one way or the other with 12 regular season games to go is a little too far in my mind. We still have not played ONE game this season with our full compliment of players. Hopefully that begins tomorrow night.

Reactions: thedahc
Some aren't happy unless you win every game by 40. Even then, I'm not sure they would be happy, saying we don't have any experience winning a close game.

And some are happy no matter what. We could lose, and they'd find the positives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT