ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

Came back from south Florida to East TN last week for June-July. It was $3.07 in Fort Pierce when I left home, and $2.99 when I got to Kingsport. Prices ranged from $3.02 to $3.49 along the way. I filled up at the Food City in Kingsport the other day for $2.74 with my Food City card.

Saw $2.93 - $2.99 around Halls-Fountain City near Knoxville yesterday. Waited too long for fill-up before turning in rental car. Paid $3.09 at KenJo on Broadway.
I used to work with a guy who openly bragged about filling his rental car up at the most expensive place next to the airport when he was traveling for work, just to "stick it" to the company. 🙄 BTW, you ever eat at Litton's in Fountain City?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Not yet. Heard about it. I'm returning July 3. May check it out.
If you can, try to save room for one of their desserts, or at least take one home.
o.jpg

2fbabc62-53a4-4386-9e43-84f3b27d8b62.jpg

Isn’t it amazing that gas can go up like 30-40 cents/gal overnight. But the price comes down 2-3 cents/gal over several days??!! Ridiculous!!
The biggest head scratcher for me is how stations close to each other can have a wide price range. Yesterday the Murphy in Kingsport it was $3.28. Three miles away, the Roadrunner was $3.59. We sold our house and Kingsport and are heading back to Florida tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see the wide range of gas prices. On a side note, it's amazing how much shit you accumulate at a house over the years. 😐

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT