ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

It's been hovering around $4 here for the last 2 years, and I don't see any reason to expect any relief.

Just hoping we make it through another chaos filled biden winter. Confidence on that also continues to decline.
Idaho I presume? Why so high?

Idaho I presume? Why so high?
Yes, I live in Idaho, but it's been affecting the entire intermountain west, and we don't pay the ridiculous taxes like the wet coast.

Why? I don't know. But it's not normal. Nothing has been since the shit-for-brains administration was installed.

I haven't researched it so all I can do is guess. Big sparsely populated country and higher transportation costs for a limited supply? Longer distance from the SPR, assuming it's not yet pumped dry? "Green" idiocy implemented by our west coast neighbors affecting refineries and production?

USA National Gas Station Price Heat Map

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Did a tiny bit of research on the subject of Idaho and found a possible answer per Quora.

ID doesn't have refining capacity. There's one pipeline which is located in northern ID which runs from central MT. The southern supply comes from SLC, UT. There are higher transportation costs when dealing with Rocky Mountain states and there's less refining competition. Less populated areas of the country will have less refineries, as opposed to a state like TN which has a large refinery in Memphis while the rest of the state is supplied by Colonial Pipeline. Now is this the answer as to why Idaho has a higher cost? Maybe. It's better than just whining about green this and current administration that though. If it were completely up to whatever current administration was in control, we wouldn't see $3 or $4 per gallon. That current administration would lower the cost across the board significantly and watch his political numbers increase.

Yes, I live in Idaho, but it's been affecting the entire intermountain west, and we don't pay the ridiculous taxes like the wet coast.

Why? I don't know. But it's not normal. Nothing has been since the shit-for-brains administration was installed.

I haven't researched it so all I can do is guess. Big sparsely populated country and higher transportation costs for a limited supply? Longer distance from the SPR, assuming it's not yet pumped dry? "Green" idiocy implemented by our west coast neighbors affecting refineries and production?

From the Idaho Attorney General's office. The pdf file should help....

Average Idaho gas prices in blue. Oil in red.

ch.gaschart

Highland Heights Sunoco breaks below $2.90. In Campbell County, most of the usual places are under $3.00. Cold Spring, Wilder and Alexandria. North, closer to the OH river, Newport Kroger is at $3.13. There's a BP in wealthier FT. Thomas sitting at $3.29.

Prices have gone down here to about $3/gallon. Must be election season.

Northern KY by the way.

Reactions: jameslee32
I have to use the highest grade in my car, which is $1 gallon more, paid about $4 a gallon on Tates Creek Road SuperAmerica to fill up yesterday, which is the cheapest it has been in a long while.

I have to use the highest grade in my car, which is $1 gallon more, paid about $4 a gallon on Tates Creek Road SuperAmerica to fill up yesterday, which is the cheapest it has been in a long while.

$3.54 at Sam's yesterday for prem.

Reactions: Tskware
At the Rocket in Fort Pierce it went from $2.85 yesterday evening, to $3.25 this AM to $3.17 this afternoon. Most stations are $3.25 except for Cumberland Farms at $3.10 and the BP on US-1 at $2.91

No significant post-election bounce in NKY gas prices as of yet but SW Ohio is slightly higher than NKY now. You have to travel up to Butler County to stay below $3.00 in OH at many gas stations.

Came back to East TN on Monday for the holidays. I filled up in Fort Pierce at Rocket for $2.75 In south Georgia, I filled up at a Love's in the Brunswick area for $2.68, but saw gas as high as $3.39 and as low as $2.58 at other exits, but mostly around $2.99. Didn't buy any gas in the shit hole state of South Carolina, and got a splash of gas in Mars Hill, NC just to make sure we didn't run out before getting to Kingsport. It was $3.29 at the Shell. I filled in Kingsport this AM at Food City, and it was $2.60 with my Food City card. Most places are $2.75...

Any thoughts on what the Idaho Attorney General said in the links I attached?

Any thoughts on what the Idaho Attorney General said in the links I attached?

Not really. I've seen that AG file before.

I also know about the pipeline that feeds S. Idaho and the refinery right off the freeway in N. SLC. I suspected that our remote, less integrated infrastructure was a factor.

Gas is high all the way down into S. Colorado, which I'm told is fed from N.M. I make that trip every 6-8 weeks.

As long as the world is in chaos, my area will apparently be among the last to see any relief.

$2.89 at Tiger Oil Cold Spring with many area gas stations below $3.00 once again.

Low oil prices ($77) and OPEC+ delaying their meeting is a sign of turmoil as well. You know the Saudi's can't be happy that they're the only ones obeying the production cuts. But when you sleep with dogs (Russians/Iranians), you might get fleas.

Off topic—Just bought a GMC 1500 with the 6.2l engine GMC does recommend premium fuel—the 93 evidently. Anyone here have an opinion on whether that’s necessary? See conflicting opinions online and I’m not very savvy when it comes to motors.

Remembering in the late sixties and early seventies, in my high school days I worked part-time at a Phillips 66 gas station when we actually pumped gas for the customer. . Regular was about 35 cents/gallon. Some guy with Ohio license plate bitched about how high the gas was as I was cleaning his front windshield. 🤣. I’m certaIn the bastard has died of a heart attack by now.

Assumed this thread devolved into political garbage seeing as how it’s so many pages - but nope, it’s just a bunch of old guys listing prices of gas over and over again 😂. Absolutely cracks me up as both my father and FIL nonstop talk about either gas prices or property taxes anytime I’m around them. I guess at some point a switch goes off in our brains and the price of gas becomes a topic of interest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT