ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

The biggest head scratcher for me is how stations close to each other can have a wide price range. Yesterday the Murphy in Kingsport it was $3.28. Three miles away, the Roadrunner was $3.59. We sold our house and Kingsport and are heading back to Florida tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see the wide range of gas prices. On a side note, it's amazing how much shit you accumulate at a house over the years. 😐
Much of which you hardly to never use. My wife bought an electric smoker about 4 to 5 years ago. It sat in our garage until last year when I moved it to my off shop (extra shop storage) never having been used or opened (still in box). Just one of many things that she bought and is still in the package they came in.

Reactions: JDHoss
Much of which you hardly to never use. My wife bought an electric smoker about 4 to 5 years ago. It sat in our garage until last year when I moved it to my off shop (extra shop storage) never having been used or opened (still in box). Just one of many things that she bought and is still in the package they came in.
My son in-law and brother in-law went through the yard barn taking what they wanted. I had 5 tape measures out there, I had two in the house, one in the truck and there's two more (that I know of) in Florida. I'm bad at going into a Lowe's or Home Depot, seeing something that I think is a good deal, and getting it, whether I need it or not, because I might need it someday, and because it's a good deal. I even had 4 rakes. Why the Hell would I need 4 rakes?

Reactions: warrior-cat
Came back home to Florida two weeks ago. It was $3.49 at the Wawa when we got home. The next morning it was $3.89. Two weeks later, I it's down to $3.39 where I filled up at the Rocket in Fort Pierce yesterday. Maybe an eighth of a mile from there at a Mobile station, it was $3.69 and not a single car at the pumps.

• Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Came back home to Florida two weeks ago. It was $3.49 at the Wawa when we got home. The next morning it was $3.89. Two weeks later, I it's down to $3.39 where I filled up at the Rocket in Fort Pierce yesterday. Maybe an eighth of a mile from there at a Mobile station, it was $3.69 and not a single car at the pumps.
In Louisville this am it's 3.86 down .13 from last week.

• Wow
You’re about to be the winner for the next week unfortunately.

Big disparity lately. Cheapest I saw in Maine last week was $3.64 where energy prices are always high.

Closer to home, a few stations in Alexandria are $3.28 while in the city many Kroger's and others are at $3.69. This is after oil went back above $90 a barrel once the Saudi's and Russians extended production cuts thru the end of 2023.

In the month that we've been back home it's fluctuated between a high of $3.89 to a low of $3.22. Up and down, down and up.
Weird and I don't mean oil production. Gasoline seasonally falls this time of year and some stations are still following that script thankfully but for how long? I'm gonna be driving more than I have all year with pro football and youth soccer but that's not as new to me as it must be to others.

Weird and I don't mean oil production. Gasoline seasonally falls this time of year and some stations are still following that script thankfully but for how long? I'm gonna be driving more than I have all year with pro football and youth soccer but that's not as new to me as it must be to others.
What I find interesting is the price variation between stations just a few miles apart. I've seen as much as 60 cent(s) difference between stations here in town.

What I find interesting is the price variation between stations just a few miles apart. I've seen as much as 60 cent(s) difference between stations here in town.
Always. In NKY, Alexandria and Cold Spring border each other and yet there's a .41 cent disparity.

More NKY gas stations are in the $3.29 range today but the Kroger's closer to downtown have only dropped .02 cents to $3.67.

More NKY gas stations are in the $3.29 range today but the Kroger's closer to downtown have only dropped .02 cents to $3.67.

And yet half the country is still mind-numbingly stupid enough to vote for administrations that promise to "end Fossil fuels,"..........which triggers higher gas prices and higher prices on EVERYTHING.

Then again, most people are stupid so this is no surprise.

Gas%20price%20gouging%20vote%2C%20May%202022.PNG

Reactions: BlueTick2
Last month, the Saudi's extend production cuts to boost prices but oil can't get above $94.
Last week US driving data suggests the demand for gasoline has weakened. Oil prices get hammered.
Over the weekend Hamas attacks Israel in the ME.
Oil rallies but reverses a bit today after failing to stay above $87.
IF Russia, Iran and the Saudi's are upset by this newz, wonder what happens next?

$3.23 at the Rocket in Fort Pierce this AM. The Wawa is $3.28, so I'll probably fill up there because coming out of the Rocket station parking lot borders on a near death experience unless it's late at night or early AM.

• Wow
Cold Spring leads the way in Campbell County with Tiger Oil at $3.11 with the stations closer to OH at $3.43 at Newport Kroger. Gas has broken the $3.00 barrier closer to Clermont County in OH. About a 15-20 minute drive from Newport to Mt. Carmel.

$3.17 at the Rocket in Fort Pierce. I filled up at the Wawa for $3.21 due to safety reasons. They really need a red light at the Rocket station. It's a minor miracle that no one has been killed there yet.

3.09 at a Rockcastle store last week. Had to take my 14 year old Teddy Bear dog to the vet. Dogs had 9 lives and then ate rat poison. I wasn't informed till about 8 days later. After about 500 dollars they told us he'd of done died if it was gonna hurt him. But I'd empty my bank account for any dog I have, or my dad has. Vets know this. Thinking of going back to get my veterinary license. Anyone here a vet?

Oil suddenly dropping like a rock down $7 in 4 days, with Newport Kroger gas down to $3.19. Cold Spring gas stations still lower.

It's been hovering around $4 here for the last 2 years, and I don't see any reason to expect any relief.

Just hoping we make it through another chaos filled biden winter. Confidence on that also continues to decline.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT