ADVERTISEMENT

"Parity!" - The Cal cultists were right!

people trying to declare parity is valid are missing the bigger issue.

The real issue here is the argument that Calipari's teams are built for March.

If you lose in December, you are not built for March. There is no arguing that position. If you aren't a dominant team early in the season, the chances of you winning a national title fall off dramatically.

Its a failed premise from the start. UK fans were sold a bill of goods from Cal so that he could try to cement his legacy. Accept that Kentucky will never contend for another title as long as he is coach.

History says in 34 years, given the current model Calipari is running, you may have 3 teams, at best, who have a shot

Lol, we had an 11 seed who was a 10 seed in the ACC tournament play in their first final four in over 40 years. We had AL just play in their first F4 ever. Purdue was in their first final four in over 40 years.

Maybe you should look up what parity means. Unless of course this is a parody.
Anything that they can use to disparage X_______________________ insert name of who ever is the hated soul that is coaching this team.

If you lose in December, you are not built for March. There is no arguing that position. If you aren't a dominant team early in the season, the chances of you winning a national title fall off dramatically.

Its a failed premise from the start. UK fans were sold a bill of goods from Cal so that he could try to cement his legacy. Accept that Kentucky will never contend for another title as long as he is coach.

History says in 34 years, given the current model Calipari is running, you may have 3 teams, at best, who have a shot

I agree that there is more parity now than ever. Teams can immediately supplement their rosters with transfers.

However, I also think UK should be above that and we absolutely haven’t been since at least the Fox Monk year. Even the few good years, we have miserable losses like you are talking about that dampened our outlook like UNC Wilmington, that Duke beatdown, Evansville, Notre Dame.

Two #1 seeds in the title game, including a UConn team that is about to win their 4th title since 2011.

This incredible parity in college basketball is clearly the reason Kentucky has been struggling!

It's parity, I tell ya! It must be so hard for Calipari to coach in today's game, when Duke, UNC, Villanova, Kansas and UConn have ONLY attained 12 of the last 16 eligible season national championships (after UConn finishes the job Monday).
This ^. Exactly. End of story.

We’ve finally hit parity guys, that’s why Jacksonville, New Mexico St., and St. Bonaventure made the Final Four.

Oops, that was 1970.

Let me check again…it was Marquette, UNLV, and UNC Charlotte.

Scratch that. 1977.

Found it. Indiana St., DePaul, and Penn.

Ah, looks like that was 1979.

How about Mississippi St. and UMASS breaking through?

LSU and George Mason on deep runs?

Butler and VCU?

Also, can’t help but laugh at people pumping up the Big Ten champ, who finally didn’t choke as the one seed for once, as an example of parity.

I have never wanted Purdue to win a game as much as this one. Plus it makes IU fans mad

For some strange reason I can't pull for Purdue. I just can't. I don't like Edey more than I don't like UConn. I wanted both to lose their last games but both won. I just hope UConn regresses after this year.

Reactions: JC CATS
Lol, we had an 11 seed who was a 10 seed in the ACC tournament play in their first final four in over 40 years. We had AL just play in their first F4 ever. Purdue was in their first final four in over 40 years.

Maybe you should look up what parity means. Unless of course this is a parody.
Way to miss the point

Reactions: TM2013
Don’t know or care about parity.

Every NCAA game CBS (CalBeSucking) has lost the Cats had the better team but twice and one of those they were at least the equal of UNC (17). Only IU in 16 was better.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Parity or parody, whatever it is, UK has now been 10 years without a final 4.
Oh, and 5 years without even making it to the 2nd weekend.

Reactions: TM2013
So what's the answer? Be mad all the time, snipe at your neighbors and treat the dog badly until we get back on track? Some want you to only speak of Calipari here like he's the devil or you aren't a fan. Isn't that 3rd grade stuff?? No thanks.
Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post. Sure, there is more parity today in every sport but as you can see, when the cream of the crop (UConn and Purdue all year) is playing well they’re going to win the large majority of the time. UK was once the cream of the crop and if it wasn’t for Triple C we should still be there. We are now the butt of jokes and it’s a shame. Triple C and all sports are never going to make me go goofy (I like all of my neighbors, I’m happy 99% of the time, and I love my damn dog a lot) but UK basketball has ALWAYS been my favorite winter pastime and I just wish that worthless coach would be gone.

This right here proves Cal is a clown for even suggesting regular season doesn’t matter. Only March. If you don’t have a good regular season and get 1 seeds you have a very slim chance of winning a championship

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post. Sure, there is more parity today in every sport but as you can see, when the cream of the crop (UConn and Purdue all year) is playing well they’re going to win the large majority of the time. UK was once the cream of the crop and if it wasn’t for Triple C we should still be there. We are now the butt of jokes and it’s a shame. Triple C and all sports are never going to make me go goofy (I like all of my neighbors, I’m happy 99% of the time, and I love my damn dog a lot) but UK basketball has ALWAYS been my favorite winter pastime and I just wish that worthless coach would be gone.

I guess my post wasn't clear, either, as I definitely wasn't referring to you. Was opining. Give the dog a pat for me.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
There must have always been parity if having non traditional teams in the final 4 or first time champions equals parity.

1939: Oregon ( first and only final 4 for the next 74 years)

1940: Duquesne (only final 4). USC (one of only 2 final 4s in school history).

1941: Pittsburgh (only final 4). Washington St. (only time they have made it past the Sweet 16)

1942: Stanford (only final 4 for next 56 years).
Dartmouth and Colorado (one of only 2 final 4s in each of their history)

I don’t have time to do this for every season but it happens a lot. Fast forward to the Pitino era.
1990: UNLV(only title in their history). Georgia Tech (first final 4 in their history)

1991: Duke (first title ever)

1992: Cincinnati (only final 4 in the last 60 years)

1994: Florida (first final 4 in school history)

1995: Oklahoma State (first final 4 in 44 years)

1996: UMass (only final 4 in school history) Mississippi State (only final 4 in school history)

1997: Minnesota (only final 4 in school history)

By the time the 2025 tournament rolls around, it will have been 10 years since UK has been to a final 4. No coach in the history of the NCAA tournament has went 10 years at UK without a final 4. Now before you say UK never won a championship before 1948, you have to realize that the NCAA tournament didn’t become a thing till 1939. So yeah it’s a fact, no coach in the history of the NCAA tournament has went 10 years at UK without a final 4. Ask yourself when was the last time UNC, Duke, or Kansas went 10 years without a final 4?
Don’t know if anyone corrected the record here but item about Cincinnati is way wrong (not that it matters)

Don’t know if anyone corrected the record here but item about Cincinnati is way wrong (not that it matters)
Unless the information I’m looking up is wrong, 1992 is the only final 4 Cincinnati has been to from 1964 to 2024 which is a 60 year span

You think this because everything has to be about Cal to you. Almost every time I've seen it posted this season has been just mentioning the fact that the season had been full of upsets. Which it was. You see it as a defense of Cal because that's how you want to see it when the facts prove it to be true.
Everything is about ccc. He continues to set negative records. This year it was 3 straight home losses. He continues to degrade the fans, ignore his contractual obligations and downgrade the uk tradition. If these things do not rile you, I have to wonder how long you have been a fan

Everything is about ccc. He continues to set negative records. This year it was 3 straight home losses. He continues to degrade the fans, ignore his contractual obligations and downgrade the uk tradition. If these things do not rile you, I have to wonder how long you have been a fan
No, not everything needs to be about Cal. You can be a fan of college basketball and have opinions about the game without it being UK or Cal related.

And if you must know I'm 36. I've been a fan since I was old enough to know what was going on. And I can show you my degree from UK, the Cliff Hawkins jersey I wore to school as a kid, and my autographed Dan Issel jersey if you want to question my fanhood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT