ADVERTISEMENT

"Parity!" - The Cal cultists were right!

Not sure what you're watching if you don't think this year had parity with top 10 teams having a losing record on the road against unranked teams. And it's not just parity, it's also traditional programs not being as dominant. Last year's Final Four was UConn, FAU, Miami, and SDSU. This year had Alabama get their first, NC State get their first in 41 years, and Purdue their first in 44 years.

UConn is doing UConn things, but the makeup of the last two Final Fours shows the landscape has changed. 2021 also had a first time champion and the Final Four was three non-traditional powers and a 11 seed UCLA. 2019 was two first time title game participants, a first time Final Four Auburn, and Michigan St.

If you can't clearly see the landscape changing then I dont know what to tell you. Acknowledging the changing landscape isn't a defense of Cal, it's just reality.
There must have always been parity if having non traditional teams in the final 4 or first time champions equals parity.

1939: Oregon ( first and only final 4 for the next 74 years)

1940: Duquesne (only final 4). USC (one of only 2 final 4s in school history).

1941: Pittsburgh (only final 4). Washington St. (only time they have made it past the Sweet 16)

1942: Stanford (only final 4 for next 56 years).
Dartmouth and Colorado (one of only 2 final 4s in each of their history)

I don’t have time to do this for every season but it happens a lot. Fast forward to the Pitino era.
1990: UNLV(only title in their history). Georgia Tech (first final 4 in their history)

1991: Duke (first title ever)

1992: Cincinnati (only final 4 in the last 60 years)

1994: Florida (first final 4 in school history)

1995: Oklahoma State (first final 4 in 44 years)

1996: UMass (only final 4 in school history) Mississippi State (only final 4 in school history)

1997: Minnesota (only final 4 in school history)

By the time the 2025 tournament rolls around, it will have been 10 years since UK has been to a final 4. No coach in the history of the NCAA tournament has went 10 years at UK without a final 4. Now before you say UK never won a championship before 1948, you have to realize that the NCAA tournament didn’t become a thing till 1939. So yeah it’s a fact, no coach in the history of the NCAA tournament has went 10 years at UK without a final 4. Ask yourself when was the last time UNC, Duke, or Kansas went 10 years without a final 4?

Two #1 seeds in the title game, including a UConn team that is about to win their 4th title since 2011.

This incredible parity in college basketball is clearly the reason Kentucky has been struggling!

It's parity, I tell ya! It must be so hard for Calipari to coach in today's game, when Duke, UNC, Villanova, Kansas and UConn have ONLY attained 12 of the last 16 eligible season national championships (after UConn finishes the job Monday).

I remember the two words that I grew to hate during the Tubby years: PARITY and LUCK. Not a day went by that someone didn't justify our lack of FF's by using one of those words and I even remember posters who claimed that an E8 was as good as a FF.

I think NIL, transfer portal and covid have created more parity but, having said that, what we are seeing now is who is effectively using those advantages and who is not. We clearly have fallen short.

It has been weaponized to become a defense of Cal. That's the primary reason people point to it on this message board.

And how many non power-five schools have won a title?

You pushing right through the point of "UConn doing UConn things" is a thin argument. UConn never called themselves the "gold standard", but Cal did. UConn never said, "We move the needle," but Cal did. UConn never said, "We're chasing UCLA," but Cal did.

We have an arrogant coach who hasn't done much of anything in years, and fans like you defend him with notions that programs like "UConn doing UConn things," which totally contradicts your broader points that a program like Kentucky - with all of its money, resources, and pedigree - can't do "Kentucky things."

It must be exhausting for fans like you to create new deflections for Calipari.
You smacked that one over the center field fence, could not have been said any better.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Look if you can’t see it then Gonzo will never be able to convince you at this point. Balls bounce EVERYWHERE in basketball, it’s simple luck my guy. I didn’t believe it either until I decided to actually pay attention to what the girl said. I was amazed at how balls bounce all over the place in basketball. You shoot it the ball just bounces left and right, up and down, you have NO CONTROL over it. Sure, the same teams are going to the final four and winning titles much of the time, and I used to think the “it’s luck” argument was a way to make excuses for Calipari but it’s not. Those balls really bounce in this sport and Calipari has no way of controlling which direction it will go.

It’s time to realize these are lucky engineering questions and not a lack of coaching or game prep as I used to believe it was. Just pay attention to the next game, you’ll see. Calipari can’t help that the balls just happen to bounce toward Uconn, UNC, Kansas, Villanova, and Duke’s way. He can’t help that it bounced Oakland and St. Peter Paul’s way. He can’t help that ALL GAME it bounced Dukes way, so much so that we were beat by like 100. It bounced so much their way that game that I gave up on the law of averages at the 4 minute mark.

It’s obvious you just hate Cal.
Mike Mc-D
Jeff2reed
2StepShep
UKGrad24

And now RunninReed

Your user accounts keep jumping in the portal. 😂

It is really amazing what UCONN has done in both women’s and men’s basketball. No one else has come close to them.

Whatever the reason, in the past 25 years, UConn has become what UK fans believe UK should always be. UK has become just another program hoping that our team can make it to the S16 and hope that we have gained enough momentum to push us further along. It’s embarrassing.

Whatever the reason, in the past 25 years, UConn has become what UK fans believe UK should always be. UK has become just another program hoping that our team can make it to the S16 and hope that we have gained enough momentum to push us further along. It’s embarrassing.
And Calipari gets $4 million more per year than Dan Hurley does.

Hurley the last two years: 11 tournament wins (soon to be 12). $416,000 per tournament win.

Calipari the last four seasons: 1 tournament win. $36 million per tournament win.

Is it sad that UConn is about to win their second title post-COVID? Is it sad that Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCLA, and UConn have all made Final Fours post-COVID, but Kentucky has not?

If your argument is that Kentucky should be in the pack, or barely above the pack, then what's sad is your standard for Kentucky. There's no doubt parity is a real thing now, but not to the extent that Calipari should be exonerated. That's the point, and I thought someone like you would have been able to grasp it better.

And you shouldn't really be telling anyone anything about the issue. Just about three weeks ago, you were still on Team Calipari. Your credibility is only now slowly being rebuilt. Some of us haven't forgotten the great lengths you used to go to drink down, and then regurgitate Cal's nonsense.

That was actually what was sad. You're in no position to lecture anyone about anything. You're the Lazarus of this message board - your argument formerly dead and in the grave, only to resurrected by the will of something so far above and beyond you called reality. It woke you up, but barely in time to see the last essence of the program burn down in real time right before your eyes.

Thank you for destroying these Calipari only clowns.

How many times have I gotten the response "who cares about seeding, just get in there and be playing your best in March! remember 2014?! (over a decade ago now by the way) when I point out that it's PAST time we broke drought of 1 seeds in the NCAA tournament. Don't answer that, it's rhetorical. Hundreds at this point probably.

Seeding absolutely matters. It matters because the best teams get one seeds, and ultimately when it all shakes out the best teams are left standing at the end. Are there upsets, sure. But when the dust settles our best teams are the ones that get 1 seeds and go to Final Fours.

wE’vE already said we want Calipari to move on, BUT!!!

Tharting thesth thtupid threadths dosen’th thangth anything!!!

Imagine the cult guys actually being in a profession where you’ve got to see trends before they become commonplace.

Not trusting this, doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere, I want out of it”

“ you just hate Enron and you’re just jealous of Solyndra, you’re entitled and can’t see past the negativity! Even the presidents back them and I think they know more than YOU”
🤡. Haha. Is there not a limit on the number of accounts you people can create?

First, "parity" isn't the right word. A friend said it was the most "chalk" tournament he could remember.

Second, Calipari isn't the cause of all the evil in the world.

How can that be though with all of the rage from the usual suspects about the cult and the suckers? They’d have us al believe that the board was ate up with pro-Cal nonsense.

You’re not being as clever as you seem to think you are. What’s the point bro. You like arguing with strangers? You gonna get something out of this other than a new username?

No, your cognitive dissonance finally hit a brick wall. And instead of saying hey, I apologize for being obtuse and brainwashed, for supporting a guy bringing the program down for years when a lot of people were right all along.

Instead you keep lashing out because it’s killing you, not that our program is suffering, but because you can’t handle the reality and how dead ass wrong you’ve been for a long time.

It’s better to stop lashing out at everyone and just listen to the guys who know what they’re talking about. Things will go a lot better for you clowns.
Ok. I lm a clown says the guy creating name after name to further this false narrative that there is a loud contingent of fans on here that still support him. When faced with the fact there’s not you run to trying to brand people pro-cal to push your weak ass fantasy narrative.

How can that be though with all of the rage from the usual suspects about the cult and the suckers? They’d have us al believe that the board was ate up with pro-Cal nonsense.

I agree. I don’t think I’ve seen hardly any pro-Cal posters, especially in the last month. Not sure who this thread is for, but a pat on the back?

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
ecc6cb2b5257accee2481c4fc449dbb3.gif

Because you can’t. It doesn’t happen and you and the rest of your ilk know it doesn’t.

Wishing something into existence doesn't make it anymore true. Cal has a cult following that will defend anything the man does. These people don't want a change, but they've been pushed to the brink and into hiding because even they can't defend this nonsense anymore.

Like I said, run a ****ing poll, and be done with it. After the 1st round loss, Cal had about a 5-10% approval rating on here. Fast forward 2 weeks later, and some of the Calipari only fans have reinvented themselves again. The faith has been restored. I'd venture to guess that approval rating is somewhere between 20-25%.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Your troll game needs some work.
Hardly a troll, been here for years. Again, nice deflection without addressing the simple fact that neither you or anyone else can drum up evidence that there is much if ANY remaining Cal support or supporters let alone a cult or suckers on this board anymore.

Wishing something into existence doesn't make it anymore true. Cal has a cult following that will defend anything the man does. These people don't want a change, but they've been pushed to the brink and into hiding because even they can't defend this nonsense anymore.

Like I said, run a ****ing poll, and be done with it. After the 1st round loss, Cal had about a 5-10% approval rating on here. Fast forward 2 weeks later, and some of the Calipari only fans have reinvented themselves again. The faith has been restored. I'd venture to guess that approval rating is somewhere between 20-25%.
There’s NO way 20-25% of true fans still support him. Zero chance.

And Calipari gets $4 million more per year than Dan Hurley does.

Hurley the last two years: 11 tournament wins (soon to be 12). $416,000 per tournament win.

Calipari the last four seasons: 1 tournament win. $36 million per tournament win.

Ouch! That hurt.

Two #1 seeds in the title game, including a UConn team that is about to win their 4th title since 2011.

This incredible parity in college basketball is clearly the reason Kentucky has been struggling!

It's parity, I tell ya! It must be so hard for Calipari to coach in today's game, when Duke, UNC, Villanova, Kansas and UConn have ONLY attained 12 of the last 16 eligible season national championships (after UConn finishes the job Monday).
I have never wanted Purdue to win a game as much as this one. Plus it makes IU fans mad

Reactions: flacat22
There’s NO way 20-25% of true fans still support him. Zero chance.

I've literally seen two different polls giving John Calipari a 25-30% approval rating, just over a week ago. Both of these polls were on twitter. Two other polls that I saw, were on here, a day after the loss, and like I said, they were 5-10% approval ratings.

I also listened to the radio. It was almost a consensus that John should be fired on the post-game show right after the loss. By the following Monday and Tuesday, people were calling into KSR stating that they had a change of heart, and wanted to give Cal 1 more year. Again, I challenge you to make a poll. Even if it's only on twitter, to get votes from the more casual UK basketball fans.

I've literally seen two different polls giving John Calipari a 25-30% approval rating, just over a week ago. Both of these polls were on twitter. The other two polls that I saw on here were a day after the loss, and like I said, they were 5-10% approval ratings.

I also listened to the radio. It was almost a consensus that John should be fired on the post-game show right after the loss. By the following Monday and Tuesday, people were calling into KSR stating that they had a change of heart, and wanted to give Cal 1 more year. Again, I challenge you to make a poll. Even if it's only on twitter, to get votes from the more casual UK basketball fans.
How certain are you that the fans who voted on Twitter were all UK fans and not trolls?

Reactions: Mike-D
I've literally seen two different polls giving John Calipari a 25-30% approval rating, just over a week ago. Both of these polls were on twitter. Two other polls that I saw, were on here, a day after the loss, and like I said, they were 5-10% approval ratings.

Poll has been created. I’m concerned with this board not Twitter. The group that loudly shouts about the cult are here and not there doing the same thing. I guess we shall see the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT