ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Parrish ranks us 10th

Definitely a bozo we win our game as the 8th team how would that drop us to #10….. Some of these people shouldn’t have voting rights!
Because he had us 12 the day before. He doesn’t have voting rights . He’s not an AP voter. This is just his ranking for CBS sports app.

And here is his answer when someone questioned him about 10 being too low.

I just watched his show with Norlander he even mentioned ranking us 10 and said "You would think Kentucky fans would be happy with me ranking them 10th but nope"
As a Kentucky fan, I would have never known where he ranks UK if there wasn't a thread about him. He is irrelevant to me. Has no credibility with his history of vitriol towards Kentucky.

My response would be you got eyes don't you. Quit acting like a computer. So our shity wins aren't as good as others shity wins. Big deal!!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Have to at least split with Tennessee and beat Auburn. Gonzaga isn't going to do us any favors.

We are also bound to drop 1-2 more on road (at least), as painful as that sounds.

Right now UK is a 3 seed. The rankings are mostly meaningless. UK is one of those teams that can make a run but the current resume has them as a 3.

Right now UK is a 3 seed. The rankings are mostly meaningless. UK is one of those teams that can make a run but the current resume has them as a 3.
Agreed

Currently in Bracket Matrix we are the last three. This team currently is a fringe 3-4 seed with IMO the chance at the end of the season to grab a 2.

His ranking is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The only ranking that truly matters is being #1 the Tuesday after the Final 4 Championship.

Our wins kinda are weak overall other than UNC so far so if he's basing his rankings on where he sees teams seeded we probably are a 3.

Who cares what Parrish or anyone else (other than the selection committee) has us ranked? It means absolutely nothing and you just bring attention to him.
Many are playing right into his hands.

Have to at least split with Tennessee and beat Auburn. Gonzaga isn't going to do us any favors.

We are also bound to drop 1-2 more on road (at least), as painful as that sounds.

Gonzaga doesn't matter at all. If anything I'm glad they are down a bit. I'd rather get the road win than roll the dice trying to take down the Gonzaga of the last few years.

Kentucky is good. Its about wins at this point, especially with 3 or 4 other SEC teams in the top 15.

The ranking doesn’t bother me.

But in that Quad 3 loss to UNC-W, we were without:

Wagner
Ivisic
Onyenso

And it was Bradshaw’s first game.

That’s three of our rotation guys out and one of them that played was playing his first game coming back from a 7+ month lay off due to injury.

That loss doesn’t bother me that much considering how short handed we were.

Breathe easy people, I have wonderful news. We live in a world where nobody gives a damn about Gary Parrish and his opinion means squat

for those that do not know, he is a Memphis fan
he along with our resident Memphis troll have not gotten over the fact that Cal left Memphis for UK

To the people knocking us for UNCW... we were short-handed and those guys played out of their minds. Then again, Miami doesn't look nearly as impressive. I guess that balances out.

This is total bs by this bozo.

Weird that you were co-signing him and Jeff Goodman this summer when they were attacking Cal (You spell it Cow) and UK. You called us hot garbage, being ranked 10th is pretty good for a “hot garbage” team. Funny how he wasn’t a Bozo back then.

Agreed

Currently in Bracket Matrix we are the last three. This team currently is a fringe 3-4 seed with IMO the chance at the end of the season to grab a 2.
As balanced and wacky as this year has gone, we go thru the SEC with minimum losses, win the tourney, a 1 is not far fetched. Split with Auburn and UT , win the rest, we will be up there. I don't think Auburn is that good really. UT has trouble scoring some games, but with Knecht, they will be tough. With the UNCW loss already, and at A&M, we cut afford a bad loss like at Georgia, USC, LSU, Arkansas or someone like that. We have used up our head scratcher loss already, only quad 1 losses from here on out, and only a couple of those. A 5 loss Power 5 tourney champ probably gets you a 1sewd this year. UNC still has Duke twice, NC State and a couple tough ones left. UCONN, Purdue, and Kansas will lose a couple few more. But those 3 maybe Houston is our competition and Houston hasn't beat anybody.

Weird that you were co-signing him and Jeff Goodman this summer when they were attacking Cal (You spell it Cow) and UK. You called us hot garbage, being ranked 10th is pretty good for a “hot garbage” team. Funny how he wasn’t a Bozo back then.

I have nothing for Cal and openly admit that. I think he has underachieved and is a terrible game coach.

People get mad but honestly I could see this team anywhere between 5 and 15 lol.
Honestly its just so refreshing to feel optimistic about what the team can do as opposed to knowing they are ranked on reputation. I'm confident this team is one of the best teams in college basketball. But they aren't complete and until they get defense figured out, its unlikely we can be considered an odds on favorite to win

Reactions: The_Answer1313
And there are 9 teams that have a better resume as of today?
According to bracket matrix, our average bracket seeding in the 78 brackets is 3.58, which puts us as the 12th best team. Our tournament resume is “meh” compared to our record.

Honestly its just so refreshing to feel optimistic about what the team can do as opposed to knowing they are ranked on reputation. I'm confident this team is one of the best teams in college basketball. But they aren't complete and until they get defense figured out, its unlikely we can be considered an odds on favorite to win

Yep exactly. I love watching this team play and I believe if the defense can come around this team can certainly contend in March. We just have to hope that it does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT