ADVERTISEMENT

From a draft stock perspective, what would it have hurt for Shaedon Sharpe to play the last month of the season?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
The young man is becoming a stud for the Blazers.

I keep looking back at his decision to not suit up for Kentucky. What was the rationale there? From all accounts, he was dazzling in practices that winter/spring and was the best player in the practice gym.

It seems like the most selfish decision in the history of our program, and I'm not even sure what the defense would be at this point.

raw

Cal paved the way for him. No way he didn’t know anything and that’s even more selfish. He should’ve been kicked off the team.
So Cal took a guy he knew wasn’t gonna play? Oh and he paved the way? Based on what besides your need to make a negative Cal post? That’s not even logical.

That’s still laughable. A guy who didn’t play for him is a draft pick notch in the belt? I guess he knew Enes Kanter was gonna be ineligible too and took him for a draft pick mitch in the belt. Some of y’all need to seek therapy.

Was Sharpe ineligible? No

So he came to UK to play basketball, then all of a sudden chose not to and Cal was just ok with that? Dress, do warm ups, take NIL money. Who sounds crazier here?

Cal wasn’t duped. Best case scenario he knew there was a possibility Sharpe would never play. Worst case, he knew from the get go and allowed it.

At the end of the day, it’s still a draft pick from the U of K which is Cals top priority anyway.

Cal paved the way for him. No way he didn’t know anything and that’s even more selfish. He should’ve been kicked off the team.
Exactly. Any fan that's okay with this deserves to have their fan card pulled. Cal was behind the damn thing the whole time, he should have been fired IMO. This thread is a blessing in disguise, those in hiding sometimes forget to whisper. I hope to never seen any of the Sharpes pass through this state again.

I keep looking back at his decision to not suit up for Kentucky. What was the rationale there? From all accounts, he was dazzling in practices that winter/spring and was the best player in the practice gym.

It seems like the most selfish decision in the history of our program, and I'm not even sure what the defense would be at this point.
His rationale, that he will NEVER admit, was that he already knew he was getting drafted and those in his camp (probably including Cal) told him there was no need to risk injury. His injured teammates and struggling team meant NOTHING to him, and Cal was perfectly cool with it. Cal NEVER ONCE said what any decent human being would say, that "he needs to play, this team needs him". Instead, he covered for the scumbag and pulled the wool over the media and fan's eyes by asking them to "come to the game and watch him practice". Completely unforgivable move, and there's nothing that Cal can or even wants to do to undo that. :(

Last edited:
Either (A) cal knew or (B) he’s dumb AF. Cals coaching leaves a lot to be desired but he’s certainly not dumb. That only leaves option A.
Cal knew that a guy who was ineligible for the NBA draft when he signed would leave for the NBA draft? Again, y’all keep failing to make sense. Just making up nonsense to fake outrage.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Cal knew that a guy who was ineligible for the NBA draft when he signed would leave for the NBA draft? Again, y’all keep failing to make sense. Just making up nonsense to fake outrage.
You aren't very good at this, are you.

The realistic options are the following: A. Cal didn't know about Sharpe's probable draft ineligibly and he's acutely more incompetent than any of us could image or B. He knew Sharpe was likely NBA-bound but thought that by bringing him on campus, he could persuade Sharpe to play.

I think the second option is most likely. The way you're presenting your case makes Cal seem like an imbecile, and works in the opposite direction of your overall goal of defending him.

You need to fine tune your argument. It needs a massive overhaul from a logical perspective.

You aren't very good at this, are you.

The realistic options are the following: A. Cal didn't know about Sharpe's probable draft ineligibly and he's acutely more incompetent than any of us could image or B. He knew Sharpe was likely NBA-bound but thought that by bringing him on campus, he could persuade Sharpe to play.

I think the second option is most likely. The way you're presenting your case makes Cal seem like an imbecile, and works in the opposite direction of your overall goal of defending him.

You need to fine tune your argument. It needs a massive overhaul from a logical perspective.
Well his user name says he’s a stoner so there is that.

Only the very most gullible ever actually believed he was ineligible for the draft. The rest of us laughed at that idea from day 1.
So what about Jaden Quaintance, is he gonna be eligible for the 2025 draft or are people being gullible again? Are you laughing at the idea of him not being eligible for the draft until 2026?

Exactly. Diallio was going to do same damn thing but didn’t get the draft projection he was hoping for. Anyone that thinks Cal was “blindsided “ is an idiot.
Cal even pushed for Diallo to do it! Told him not to play in combine and possibly show weaknesses. Paraphrasing: “if they don’t know, don’t show them.”

He was a lock to be picked where he was without playing. He probably would not have moved up any with his play. It's possible he could have. But it's more likely he moves down or gets hurt. To the player and the family the risk was greater than the reward.

Michael Jordan took Kwame Brown as the number 1 pick out of high school. Had he played in college he's not even drafted in round 1. Randolph Morris was a 1st round pick had he declared from high school. Supposedly more upside than Dwight Howard. Instead he came here and played his way out of the first round.

Cal did exactly what he has said he would do from the day he was hired, put the player's interest first.

You can like that approach or not. I don't. But it is what the program is under Cal and he told us that when he was hired.

When was sharpe ineligible for the draft? It was admitted by all when the news broke that the news was nothing new and they knew all the time but the plan was still to play at UK the following year. So either cal didn’t know he was eligible (dumb AF) or he knew he was eligible but being a first round top 10 pick would play for him instead (dumb AF) or he helped orchestrate the whole thing. Cals comments after it broke tells you all you need to know. He was all over the place on the reasoning sharpe wasn’t playing for about 2 weeks before the sat down with his people and he will not play comment was released. No one making up false narrative here. It’s as plain as the nose on your face that is stuck up Cals ass.

Don’t you just love all these great nba players coming through town. Using our tradition with one damn title to show for is horrible. It wasn’t about winning titles to them neither for donkey fans like you.
"Donkey Fans":joy:
Sometimes, somebody has to drop in, and remind you children that you are making it all up. You know nothing, don't start believing your own stupidity.

Calipari won't even mention his name. I don't think he likes him very much tbh...seems there are some hurt feelings there.
This is the reason I don't think Cal was in on any of it. Does anyone know if Sharpe's photo is up at the Craft Center?

I think this is a Hanlon's razor type situation. Cal took a chance on a #1 ranked guy who had some question marks around. He heard the answers he wanted to hear and probably didn't push as hard as he could have to see if Sharpe and his camp would actually follow through on what they said. In the end they didn't and Cal had egg on his face.

And for those asking why didn't Cal kick him off the team, he didn't because if he did it may have shut the door on future Klutch kids like Bradshaw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT