ADVERTISEMENT

Florida’s Castleton

The one clip posted above…Not a walk guys. You can lift the pivot on a step through as long as it does not return to the floor. Just the rules and called property in this case.

To be fair they could’ve called like 10 fouls on Oscar. I think Castleton yelled for a foul about 20 times. Dude balled out though and stole the NPOY’s lunch money. Credit where credit is due.
He'd have lost 10 points if all of those travels had been called. Most of them were right before one of his baskets. One was right before he kicked out for a 3 pointer that circus-bounced into the hole.

So if the refs were to pay attention to his feet shuffling like they do for our touch fouls, the game would have been MUCH different.

I understand that they can't possibly call all of the fouls, because we'd never finish a game with today's physical style of play. But for the love of Pete, call the basic turnovers. Refs would rather spend their time looking to see if Cal has left the coaching box, or one of our guys is carrying / palming the ball, or if Oscar is spending 3+ seconds in the lane (can't believe he's been called for that TWICE this year), than the opposing team's basic foot shuffling screw ups.

The one clip posted above…Not a walk guys. You can lift the pivot on a step through as long as it does not return to the floor. Just the rules and called property in this case.
He took 3 steps, and on the other 3 in the tweet he took 4 steps

Here are some of the walks he got away with last night
Clearly a travel, catches the ball and establishes right foot as pivot foot. lifts right foot on the dribble, then sets his right foot down and establishes it again as pivot foot, slides his right foot about a foot, and re-establishes the right foot again. CLEARLY A TRAVEL. REFS WERE HORRENDOUS.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I remember back in the day some of the battles castleton had in the post against marquis estil. Those dudes did not like each other.

Reactions: thack_kat
Wasn't there some pre-season hope when Florida changed coaches that Castleton would transfer to Kentucky? Then all those complaining would have been singing his praises with Oscar at PF.

I was taught that you can't let your pivot foot leave the floor... thats exactly what castleton did.

It even looked like a travel.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Switch it up. Try double him for a while. Then try another guy on him that might could have defended him better than OT just standing and letting him do whatever he wanted. Letting one guy almost beat you, and we all knew that is what would happen. Have played against the guy numerous times and a coach still can't figure it out. At least, make it hard for him. Show at least a little resistance instead of just hoping he misses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT