ADVERTISEMENT

Fletcher IG Story

And this is our problem. The players that are supposed to stay are always leaving or run off. I have no problem with 2-3 oads but cal must do his best in keeping the other half of the roster intact
Not saying it's the reason but could it be something in terms of experience on the team or campus that makes most players not want to stick around?

Reactions: awf and lovejone
His transfer was written all over him the moment he committed. He is exactly the type of glue guy Cal had at Memphis and what he inherited here in Liggins, Harrellson and Miller. You need those guys.

Unfortunately, this won’t end well for us and it will force us to replace him with a freshman who isn’t ready to play meaningful minutes and will
Either transfer due to lack of pt or play poorly because he’s all we have (Askew).

rinse and repeat

Not saying it's the reason but could it be something in terms of experience on the team or campus that makes most players not want to stick around?
It hypothetically could....but I think it’s overwhelming likely that it’s because we use the same recruiting pitch to all the recruits which is centered around NBA....NBA...NBA. So when a player starts to see their NBA prospects dim they bolt for another school. I really think we need to overhaul our recruiting approach. As much as I hate to admit it I think Duke has the perfect model now. They aim for 2-3 one and done guys a class and fill out the rest of the roster with 3-4 year players.

So damn soft how this generation uses these cryptic messages in social media posts. They all do it. Not just UK guys. It’s weird, it’s stupid, it’s screaming for attention, and it’s a clear sign of immaturity.
Teenagers and young adults are immature, the sky is blue, water is wet. Got any other breaking news?

Reactions: Fox2monk and awf
Haha. You’re probably one of those “men” with 3 different social media account that you check all day long- bored and dying for attention. Get a life.
You’re probably the old man who sets in a rocking chair in their porch yelling at kids to ”get off my damn lawn” as you choke on one of your 25 pills you have to take daily while also complaining about people living off the welfare state all while living off government funded social security and Medicare. Stop being a drain on society and call it a life.

Cal isn't even pretending to try and develop 3-4 year players...he just goes to the free agent market and plucks a Sarr, Sestina, or Mintz to fill roster gaps.
Hard to develop the delusional. Kid isn't even close to contributing much as this level, doesn't even have a position. We are a magnet for these types of kids.

The Older generation knocks the younger generation for venting through social media . The only reason it didn’t happen back in the day is because they didn’t have social media lol
Agree. What do you think it means? I think Fletcher has looked pretty good in the limited minutes he gets. He at least hustles and plays hard. I'm confused why he barely played yesterday. I'm sure he is too.

Hard to develop the delusional. Kid isn't even close to contributing much as this level, doesn't even have a position. We are a magnet for these types of kids.
Position less basketball. Isn’t that what Cal is always selling?

Reactions: Cawood86
Lol at you goobers making fun of his slang English like you’ve never used a slang word in your life. Wonder what that’s about??

🙄 stop with the faux RaYcuST crap lol.

white kids talk like idiots too. Poking fun at the horrendous lack of grammar does not have some deeper or sinister motive.

Grow up.

Looks more like clueless than positionless. GT played a zone and UK looked like it was their 1st time seeing one.
Cal has said he do t know how to teach a zone, never mind the fact that we taught a zone in 8th grade, so how the he’ll can they practice against one? I have asked this question for several years, what the hell do the staff do during practices ?

Cal has said he do t know how to teach a zone, never mind the fact that we taught a zone in 8th grade, so how the he’ll can they practice against one? I have asked this question for several years, what the hell do the staff do during practices ?
Askew especially looked confused. I don't recall seeing him get penetration during the time I watched the game. Quit watching about 4mins into 2nd half.
MIntz is not a PG either. That alone means this season is already off the rails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT