ADVERTISEMENT

Burks! I feel for him

TriCountyCat

Junior
Dec 5, 2010
Corbin, Ky
He looked way down on the bench tonight. Didn’t really even stand up during our big moments. It was kinda pitiful. He could be a very good player in a couple years but no way he sticks around. I don’t hardly blame him with Edwards continuing to get his shot and Burks hasn’t seen the floor in several games. I’d say Hart and Burks are 100% gone.

He looked way down on the bench tonight. Didn’t really even stand up during our big moments. It was kinda pitiful. He could be a very good player in a couple years but no way he sticks around. I don’t hardly blame him with Edwards continuing to get his shot and Burks hasn’t seen the floor in several games. I’d say Hart and Burks are 100% gone.
Hart and Burks were late additions to the team. They knew what they were signing up for. Zero chance either planned to play meaningful minutes this season when they signed.

They'll be on the chopping block after the season. Probably already recruiting over them. Wouldn't be surprised if Edwards leaves to. We will lose all these transfers to go with a load of NBA Draft wannabes that aren't ready to go but will anyways. Then back to another year of being young and hoping we don't lose a bunch before the team gets their act together or loses early in the tournaments.

Hart and Burks shouldn't have signed here if they expected much run this season. Burks looks bad everytime he plays so if he played more he would just take the place of edwards and Bradshaw as whipping boys.

Reactions: gharding07
Edwards needs less minutes, but that doesn't mean they need to go to Burks. Neither guy is ready to contribute.

We're past the point of giving guys a chance to figure it out. It's time to shorten the rotation. Burks needs to show improvement in practice.

The whole "well he's gonna leave." Happens nearly every year. He hasn't shown he deserves minutes. He has incredible upside, but he's not a contributor right now.

Hey, KyCatFan you sure know how to celebrate a great victory. Have a great weekend!
tumblr_mf5s0vlkqO1rbn1qw.gif

It was a win but nothing great about it. At least it was better than the last game.

Burks got quite a few opportunities early on while the three seven footers were out. He was missing wide open lay ups and dunks. He just ain’t ready yet but I hope he stays the course and gets some playing time in the years to come.

Burks was a three star recruit that actually played a respectable amount early his freshman year at Kentucky. If he stays and works on his game he may have a shot at the league. I’m not sure why 3 star freshman recruits are different at Kentucky than all the other 3 star recruits at other schools that haven’t even seen the court yet.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT