ADVERTISEMENT

Hope you’re ready for next year

I can almost always tell when UK is going to lose a tight game that they should win. CCC gets more antimated, but has that bewildered look on his face when giving instructions. He knows he doesn't have the answer, so he just gets louder and more antimated to make it look like he is coaching.
And he sucks on his upper lip. That's a tell that he's lost.

I’ve been down on UK since 2020. Team has sucked ass for 4 years now.
The last three seasons were awful. 1 NCAAT and 1 SECT win is beyond embarrassing. Whenever anyone brought it up, the response was always “If Cal leaves, we don’t get the Wagner class.” We got ‘em now, and are in the same boat the last few seasons.

I was hopeful this was going be a dominant team. One that crushed in the ooc and competed for the SEC regular season. That’s out the window. I’ll still watch the games, but my energy is drained for the rest of the regular season.

The last three seasons were awful. 1 NCAAT and 1 SECT win is beyond embarrassing. Whenever anyone brought it up, the response was always “If Cal leaves, we don’t get the Wagner class.” We got ‘em now, and are in the same boat the last few seasons.

I was hopeful this was going be a dominant team. One that crushed in the ooc and competed for the SEC regular season. That’s out the window. I’ll still watch the games, but my energy is drained for the rest of the regular season.
I heard all last year “cal deserves next year to see if he can win with one of his patented super classes”. Well here we are in february. 15-5 and tied for 5th in the SEC.

Gonna come down to the wire, I got Auburn early at 6-1. Never really thought we had a chance with the schedule. Losing to UF and USC is a joke. Sweeping Tennessuck would be yuge.
The low down dirty snitches will come in here breathing fire and CCC will P down his leg because his "boys" will have to play GAM.

• Haha
Reactions: CatWhistle
I heard all last year “cal deserves next year to see if he can win with one of his patented super classes”. Well here we are in february. 15-5 and tied for 5th in the SEC.
I’m appreciative that we have won 15 games so far, and that we will make the NCAA Tournament unless we lose out. But when we see players that should stay declare for the draft, it makes me sick to my stomach.

I’m appreciative that we have won 15 games so far, and that we will make the NCAA Tournament unless we lose out. But when we see players that should stay declare for the draft, it makes me sick to my stomach.
Great post our situation in a nutshell. (but I really don't want Edwards or Bradshaw back. Question; Edwards or Boston, Bradshaw or Skal who is better?

This is the problem with college basketball and Kentucky basketball for sure . Hardly any of the top recruits are going to stay past one season regardless of how bad they looked .

Like if we knew this freshman class would be back next year and beyond we could take the lumps we are having because we know we have something special in the future

It’s hard to win against grown men when you got little pups on the court . We have seen how this team looks during a physical game .

That’s why it was funny that to begin the year people said scrap the transfer portal and build with freshmen
Must have gotten harder after 2015 or something.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That loss last night probably sealed our fate of being able to win the league. That one hurt.
That ship has sailed. As far as next year I don’t even know the names of the kids we have coming in. But I can say that no one knows how they will perform. No one expected much from Reed and he’s our best player. Edwards was supposed to be our best and he’s our worst. Nobody knows

Banging it down low with Jayden Q who will pass out to our one or no shooters on the perimeter. It’s back to the basics for Cal. He tried offense it didn’t work so now he’s doing it his way. Get ready for 30 touches in the post and lots of RUNNN.
But will we be able to play defense? I was told last year we sucked because of the offense. But now defense matters. It’s madness.

But will we be able to play defense? I was told last year we sucked because of the offense. But now defense matters. It’s madness.
Think the expectation was the defense would stay similar to the last 2 years but then it didnt. So now we have lots of offense and no defense.

This is the problem with college basketball and Kentucky basketball for sure . Hardly any of the top recruits are going to stay past one season regardless of how bad they looked .

Like if we knew this freshman class would be back next year and beyond we could take the lumps we are having because we know we have something special in the future
Calipari recruits them with the understanding that even if they average 6 points and 4 rebounds a game, if they're a former top 15 guy, they will get his support to leave if they want to.

He doesn't recruit guys who have any sanity or rationality to their long-term thought process. He gets guys (and their circles) who are as delusional in his first in-home visit as they are when they declare for the draft after one year at UK.

The only way Cal can get them to Lexington is by being the enabling head coach who will head nod in agreement at every new horrific premature NBA departure.

Next season may well be much worse than this one.
Oh, it most certainly will be. The only way we have a better season next year if some crazy anomaly happens and three or four of the freshmen return.

As we know, Calipari is not built for actually re-recruiting guys to a second year at Kentucky. It will take something shocking like the Harrison twins calling him and telling him they're returning for Calipari to even have such thoughts on his radar.

Gonna come down to the wire, I got Auburn early at 6-1. Never really thought we had a chance with the schedule. Losing to UF and USC is a joke. Sweeping Tennessuck would be yuge.
No way we can beat Tenn. we have lost 2 out of 3 only win we could have in feb is Vanderbilt

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I can almost always tell when UK is going to lose a tight game that they should win. CCC gets more antimated, but has that bewildered look on his face when giving instructions. He knows he doesn't have the answer, so he just gets louder and more antimated to make it look like he is coaching.
Bewildered, you mean lost look, or not a clue look

Soooo tired of this shit! Our guys rarely being prepared. One/two or even more out every single damn game. We haven’t had a full roster for ONE game all season long. Think about that.

Soooo tired of a coach that is inept and cannot make adjustments on the fly. Tired of having teams that cannot hit free throws. I just have Cal fatigue bigly. Wish he would leave.

I’ve been down on UK since 2020. Team has sucked ass for 4 years now.

JMHO I agree but with exception of 2022. We were really good until injuries hit. No excuse for loss to Peacocks but was 23-5 towards eoy. We were rolling mid season and just fell a part with injuries.

This year is utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT