ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys not realize how good Big Z really is?

I like that you snuck Reeves in there, like he's some failed freshman prospect with the others. Reeves isn't SUPPOSED to be a 1st rounder. If he was it would be a massive achievement by not only him, but Cal as well.
If that’s what you read into my listing him among the other players, you have a serious issues.

I simply listed all of the guys that will likely be drafted. You have a serious hard on for him or something. It’s not healthy.

Reed might come back for reasons we all know. I think Bradshaw will go in the 2nd round but that will be okay because they will play him on their G League while he develops and the same goes for DJ. But I'd like to see DJ come back(just don't think Bradshaw would come back with the bigs we have for next year). Reeves will go in the 2nd round and will also get paid. Edwards needs to be in college somewhere and I'd be happy if it was at UK because he has potential to be a good player but he'd get cut from a G League team next year and be job hunting.
If Reed remains a lottery pick, doesn’t seem wise to come back. I agree on Bradshaw, DJ, and Reeves. They are all second round picks who will probably play a lot in the G league or be buried on the bench.

I’ll put my feelings about Edwards returning to this team like this: if he were on another team and considering a transfer here, would you want him? I wouldn’t. Besides, he’s 20 years old already. If somebody tells him they’ll take him the second round, he’s going to go.

He does seem to have a “mean streak”. Maybe this was developed by playing against grown men in a pro league?
I don't know if I'd call it a mean streak, but I was struck by how much confidence he displayed by ripping that no look behind the back pass and firing contested threes almost immediately after entering his very first game.

Most players in that situation would've thought they needed to work through the nerves and get more comfortable before taking risks. But not this dude, he was ready to let it rip from the moment his feet touched the floor.

• Love
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
This guy played Euro ball. The game looks slow to him. The only two real mistakes he made Sat night were deliberate - the pullup on the rim and the elbow to the face.

He honestly looks as though college ball is kind of a joke. I know he needs to get in a little better conditioning. But trust me - he's going to play 15-20 minutes by March and frankly by then I think he should be starting. Did I say that with my outside voice?

All you need to do is re-watch the moment when he did the spin move and missed the dunk to realize what his game is all about. He can do everything. Opposing teams do NOT want Big Z on the block or anywhere near the paint, or behind the three point line, or at the top of the key, or guarding the inbounds...you get the idea.
You right. A mature and confident player is what he looked like with a little mean and toughness in him.

Reactions: Mike-McD
The Georgia game was all about Big Z. I'm trying to hold off my excitement until we see what he looks like in a normal SEC road game. It seems he has all the tools of a great big man.

I'll have to say that as I approach 60 years old it's been a while since I've felt as giddy as I did during Z's performance Sat. night. Sorry about the use of the word giddy, but that's the best I could describe it.

This guy played Euro ball. The game looks slow to him. The only two real mistakes he made Sat night were deliberate - the pullup on the rim and the elbow to the face.

He honestly looks as though college ball is kind of a joke. I know he needs to get in a little better conditioning. But trust me - he's going to play 15-20 minutes by March and frankly by then I think he should be starting. Did I say that with my outside voice?

All you need to do is re-watch the moment when he did the spin move and missed the dunk to realize what his game is all about. He can do everything. Opposing teams do NOT want Big Z on the block or anywhere near the paint, or behind the three point line, or at the top of the key, or guarding the inbounds...you get the idea.
But wait.......
Shaedon Sharpe all over again. He will never play a minute here.

If that’s what you read into my listing him among the other players, you have a serious issues.

I simply listed all of the guys that will likely be drafted. You have a serious hard on for him or something. It’s not healthy.

I mean, how else to read it?

One of the seven players you listed is not like the others and you're a known Reeves basher. (And a Mitchell basher, and a Cal basher, and a ...)

It's not hard to see through your posting and pick out your agendas.

I haven't read through this thread but Z looks pretty good to me based on the limited performance I saw the other day.

While I was really happy for him after the game, I feel bad that the reaction has been almost over the top. Now, there is all this pressure for him to be that every game. We all know that if he comes out tonight and has a meh, or bad game, there will be people saying it was a one-off and he actually sucks. It will happen. Probably not most people, but negativity tends to get amplified and I just hate that this is the way it is.

Love the way he plays, I know it’s been one game but still he showed how good he can be. Also I honestly think Big Z will end up being the most T’d up player on this team lol. Seems like he doesn’t take crap from anybody and doesn’t care to throw some elbows

Z when he gets to play against 6'8" SEC centers
94afb6470c3449d86419ae8a0b30c344.gif
That kid sucks. How many times is going to do the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT