ADVERTISEMENT

Filipowski

I think it could be because K made a final 4 in 2022 and Scheyer made an Elite 8 in his second season in 2024. While Cal won 1 tournament game the past 5 years.

Lol, Duke fans somehow including the COVID year for us not making the tournament.. but not for them. Weird?

Like I said, Duke fans never take blame or responsibility. It's our coaches fault we didn't win a game during a year with no tournament, but somehow not Coach K's fault.

And why not go back further? Coach Cal's entire tenure as a 1AD coach was from 2010 to 2024.. He has a title, two title appearances and 4 final 4s. Simply put thats a better resume than Coach K had.. who ALSO had his share of flameouts and disappointing seasons. Coach Cal was able to make 1AD successful, at least for a period of time before he went off the deep end. No other coach could duplicate his success, and that for sure includes K.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Now the groomer’s mom has come out with typical Mormon speak. Not at all shocked to see that cult snatch up another member.

Mark Pope says Hi!

And if Mark Pope used his platform as the coach of Kentucky basketball to preach for his particular faith I’d be highly disturbed by it.

It’s one thing to follow in the steps of Christ and do good works. I think Calipari was good at that and Tubby was too.

It’s another to use the Kentucky Basketball job preach to convert.

Just my two cents

And if Mark Pope used his platform as the coach of Kentucky basketball to preach for his particular faith I’d be highly disturbed by it.

It’s one thing to follow in the steps of Christ and do good works. I think Calipari was good at that and Tubby was too.

Just my two cents

Exactly. There are “degrees” of brainwashing in that Church. Pope seems like the type that isn’t a nut and I don’t expect that he will be preachy here.

Just my two cents
I agree, I think he absolutely has the right to practice his faith and talk about it but I, sure he will be professional about it just like the other coaches with their beliefs.

Reactions: Stan the caddy

Just my two cents
My comment was directed to the mention of Mormons as "that cult" that "snatches up another one". I was wondering if that poster remembered that Pope is a Mormon.

Reactions: ciphercomplete
My girlfriend went to prom with me and she was in college. Not as big as of age gap though, 18 and 21. We started dating when I was 17 and she was 20. She hadn’t gotten to go to her own prom. Also not entirely relevant , but not entirely irrelevant, she was one of the top five or so hottest girlfriends/prom dates. I mention how beautiful she was because I know there’d be a few guys who’d read this and assume she was a hippo or a hag. She was also an exceptionally wonderful girlfriend, not some horrid B.

Her long time boyfriend before me was eight years older than her and they started dating when she was in high school. Age wasn’t thought of the same way in the 90s by kids or parents. Social awareness via the internet changed people’s perspective.
Without pictures, a few guys on here will still assume she was a hippo or a hag...nudes preferred

nothing like having a family/cult dysfunctional bar fight.......throw in a little fame and you've got yourself a reality show....

We all agree that Calipari should have told superstars like John Wall, Big Cuz, A.D., Julius Randle, Booker, K.A.T., Fox, ect.. to go pro. But the problem was when he let players that was not even close to being NBA ready like Marquis Teague, James Young, BJ Boston, Chris Livingston, ect... leave here with 3 years of eligibility left. Instead of telling them what they needed to hear, which was you ARE NOT NBA ready, he told them what they wanted to hear.
James Young was a lottery pick dude. Coach cal didn't "let" anyone stay or leave. Kids do what they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT