ADVERTISEMENT

More on Travis Perry !!

Post a comment about it rather than just an article from a site we can go visit if we want to read articles. This is a message board not an online magazine.
images

My intention is only to share information and reports that I see on facebook, hoping others enjoy the updates on team and players. I try to post the original link, rather than the facebook link, hoping that makes it better and more accessible. I like and appreciate it when others do this, so I wanted to share, as well. GO CATS !!

Last edited:
From what I have seen it looks like Travis is doing all the right things and he looks to be bulking up a little bit. He isn't the fleetest of foot but he is efficient with his movements and he knows where to be. He also does a good job of defending off the ball and jumping passing lanes very similar to Reed. Travis is going to be a great player for us.

From what I have seen it looks like Travis is doing all the right things and he looks to be bulking up a little bit. He isn't the fleetest of foot but he is efficient with his movements and he knows where to be. He also does a good job of defending off the ball and jumping passing lanes very similar to Reed. Travis is going to be a great player for us.
I saw him play three (3) times and my impressions were exactly the same as yours. He really knows how to play. My only reservations are his height and the ability to play straight-up, on-ball defense against college athletes. I think he can do it, but am not certain of it. He sure can do everything else. I am really pulling for him.

Last edited:
Frightening thinking he could easily be playing behind 5 star athletes not near as good as him for the next few years. Wish Sheppard could have enjoyed his time under Pope. Like the comment that he will play if he can guard. The best players will play regardless of stars, grade or where they are from.

Give me a lineup of Butler, Perry, Otega, Robinson, and Williams and I think Perry's defensive shortcomings would be easy to hide. That lineup would do damage.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Frightening thinking he could easily be playing behind 5 star athletes not near as good as him for the next few years. Wish Sheppard could have enjoyed his time under Pope. Like the comment that he will play if he can guard. The best players will play regardless of stars, grade or where they are from.
Sheppard is taller and more athletic (jumping mostly). Regarding speed, and I could be wrong, I think Sheppard's footspeed is quicker with the ball on offense, but Perry's footspeed is quicker on defense and he seems to get into his man a little more ... but that was high-school, of course. Both are GREAT catch-and-shoot players, but my sense is that Perry can get his shot off a little quicker than Sheppard on spot-ups. Perry's catch-to-shot tempo is quicker, it seems to me. Both have quick hands.

Do I think Perry will have the kind of season and impact that Reed did, NO, but I think he is going to be a great player for the Cats !! Perry plays with the kind of all-out effort that will endear him to the crowd (same way for Lamont Butler) ... that I feel certain of. He plays very HARD and SMART ... after all, he is a coach's son.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP and KFuqua
My intention is only to share information and reports that I see on facebook, hoping others enjoy the updates on team and players. I try to post the original link, rather than the facebook link, hoping that makes it better and more accessible. I like and appreciate it when others do this, so I wanted to share, as well. GO CATS !!
I appreciated your link. Otherwise, I would have missed this article.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT