ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Welp, my magic carpet ride of a season came to an end last night with Austin Ekeler's second TD. Lost by two points. I had two TDs called back over the weekend, one by Montgomery and one by the 49ers, so I'm still a little bitter this morning.

Thanks for letting me vent about my terrible luck all year.

Good luck to any here who are still alive and fighting for a title!

I got utterly ****ed.

1st place, team is putting up 130ish points all year.. lose in the semi's (first game of the playoffs for me) after putting up just 85.. EIGHTY FIVE Points. 85 points in a god damn 3-WR league no less.

Lost Hurts, Davante was useless, Gerald Everett had his worst game of the year, Peoples-Jones had his worst game of the year, Zach Wilson killed my Garrett Wilson, Tennessee Defense was a bust, Latavious Murray and Pacheco were meh.

This was like a 3-seed losing to a 14-seed... maybe worse.

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
I got utterly ****ed.

1st place, team is putting up 130ish points all year.. lose in the semi's (first game of the playoffs for me) after putting up just 85.. EIGHTY FIVE Points. 85 points in a god damn 3-WR league no less.

Lost Hurts, Davante was useless, Gerald Everett had his worst game of the year, Peoples-Jones had his worst game of the year, Zach Wilson killed my Garrett Wilson, Tennessee Defense was a bust, Latavious Murray and Pacheco were meh.

This was like a 3-seed losing to a 14-seed... maybe worse.
Yep, I know you and I both were going to struggle this week after losing Hurts. Tough to snap back from that one.

Yep, I know you and I both were going to struggle this week after losing Hurts. Tough to snap back from that one.

Crazy part is that I was able to grab Gardner, and he did more than OK for me.. but it still wouldn't have mattered if Hurts got me another 10pts.

This is why I really think there needs to be some sort of point-advantage for the higher seeds. It wouldn't have mattered for me this week as my entire team collapsed.. but so many other teams got burned by just a flukey week of bad play from their team.

All I have left on my roster, who has been there since I drafted them, is my 6th pick (Sun God) and my 12th (Justin Tucker).. everyone else is either injured or dropped. Henry, Adams, Pierce, Hurts and everyone after them.. all done.

I'll finish 4th. Super sour about it. Can't stand losing to things like injuries and bad circumstances like the Derek Carr situation completely screwing up Davante Adams.

Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
So are y'all gonna play next season?

I guess I am, since my main league won't let me quit. ;b

GyFirAG1EN1Jivqg7GnNVEVniE2o1T-dwibHJuQzTDk.jpg

Reactions: GeraldV
So are y'all gonna play next season?

I guess I am, since my main league won't let me quit. ;b

GyFirAG1EN1Jivqg7GnNVEVniE2o1T-dwibHJuQzTDk.jpg
I’ve been in the same league since the mid 90s. If nothing else, it gives me a reason to smack talk all my buddies from late august until January.

Reactions: J_Dee
I'm definitely keeping the league where I'm a commish, because it's up to me to keep it going, and I'm a damn good commish who keeps things on the up and up. I may also join another. I love it, even for all it's pitfalls like today.

As for the other league, my plan now is to have them set the draft for the day before the season starts (as late as possible), create a new email for them to use for me (so this doesn't affect my career win/loss record).. and then draft all QBs on draft night, throwing off the whole draft abd locking people out. When they find out what I'm doing, they will have to scramble to 1. Redraft 24 hours before the season starts and 2. Find a 10th guy.. the commish will likely have to take over my team and the whole thing will be ****ed. I also won't pay any of the league dues. I honestly can't wait.

.. yes, I'm THAT petty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’ve been in the same league since the mid 90s. If nothing else, it gives me a reason to smack talk all my buddies from late august until January.

If I don't bail on my main league (and I probably won't), it'll be because I've been in it since its inception in '12 (and we've still got 8/10 original members), and as frustrating as Fantasy Football can be, I'd most definitely miss the constant smack talk.

If I don't bail on my main league (and I probably won't), it'll be because I've been in it since its inception in '12 (and we've still got 8/10 original members), and as frustrating as Fantasy Football can be, I'd most definitely miss the constant smack talk.

And those are the fun leagues (or should be).. if there's no one who is cheating and colluding, then it's great.

Also.. I benched Davante Adam's lolololol.

Fantasy Football.. you fickle bitch.

Looks like we finally have a repeat champion for the first time ever in about 15-20 years. The guy that's about to lose by 50 with Freiermuth left to play started Cousins over Brady.

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
Looks like we finally have a repeat champion for the first time ever in about 15-20 years. The guy that's about to lose by 50 with Freiermuth left to play started Cousins over Brady.

That's what's funny.. in hindsight that's not a bad play.. Because who saw the struggling Bucs/Brady throwing 3+ TDs today, against a divisional rival that's also trying for the playoffs, in a late season game? Because I didn't lol.

Two teams I can not wait to see get trucked in the opening round.. Giants and Bucs. Both teams scampered through an entire season of gimme-games and dumb luck.

I would have started Cousins too. The pass defense stats were fairly close but Cousins was hot whereas people were saying Brady is washed up.

What surprised me is that Darnold put up a fight.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Kicking this back up for the 2023 season!

Got two leagues this year, bailed on one after the cheating/colluding nonsense, joined another.

I've barely looked at this yet, what with the new house and newborn. I just got the #1 pick in a standard league, 1ppr draft. It has to be Justin Jefferson, right?

Kicking this back up for the 2023 season!

Got two leagues this year, bailed on one after the cheating/colluding nonsense, joined another.

I've barely looked at this yet, what with the new house and newborn. I just got the #1 pick in a standard league, 1ppr draft. It has to be Justin Jefferson, right?
Yep

I'm very tempted to trade the pick. Just don't like the idea of having just one guy in the top20-ish players. Plus the 1st pick gets last on waiver priority to start the season, and those first few weeks of waivers are YUGE.

Not sure where the sweet spot is. I almost think 6th/7th/8th (10 team).. you can land Kelce, or a guy who falls, and then still pickup a nice player on the back swing. I think the 9-10 range of picks is a big drop off with Barkley, Bijan and Diggs.. and drafting 4th or 5th is right after the studs are gone.

I'm in one league this season and I'm just gonna completely wing the draft.

I'd use a first pick on Chase over anybody, but that's only because I have the most fun when playing Bengals.

I'm in one league this season and I'm just gonna completely wing the draft.

I'd use a first pick on Chase over anybody, but that's only because I have the most fun when playing Bengals.

I feel like your top three are generally JJ, Chase and CMC. I don't think you can go wrong. I do prefer JJ because I think he has more usage coming his way over Chase.. plus Dalvin cook is gone. But could that work against JJ as teams focus on him?

CMC is so good but I just don’t trust his health to pick him that high, someone else can risk their season on him.

I'm picking 6 in a full PPR league

I suspect the first six will be in some order:

Jefferson
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Kelce, and
either Kupp or T. Hill.

The guy picking 2 has already announced he is taking Chase, assuming he doesn't get hurt by Saturday.

I'm picking 6 in a full PPR league

I suspect the first six will be in some order:

Jefferson
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Kelce, and
either Kupp or T. Hill.

The guy picking 2 has already announced he is taking Chase, assuming he doesn't get hurt by Saturday.

That guy is an idiot for saying, unless he's throwing misdirection, and then he's a genius.

If I had the 6th I think I might reach for Kelce, knowing that I'm likely gonna get automatic 20pts/game or whatever it is. JJ, CmC, and Chase will be gone for sure.. and the rest in that range are shaky to me.

Man I do not want to be the guy who gets stuck with Kupp, unless he falls far. Rams are iffy, he's coming off injury, so is Stafford,..

That guy is an idiot for saying, unless he's throwing misdirection, and then he's a genius.

If I had the 6th I think I might reach for Kelce, knowing that I'm likely gonna get automatic 20pts/game or whatever it is. JJ, CmC, and Chase will be gone for sure.. and the rest in that range are shaky to me.

Man I do not want to be the guy who gets stuck with Kupp, unless he falls far. Rams are iffy, he's coming off injury, so is Stafford,..
He's an idiot, but he's our idiot, lol.

I am leaning Kelce, if he is there.

• Haha
First draft Done.

RoundPickPlayerPosition
1.(1)Justin JeffersonWR
2.(20)Jalen HurtsQB
3.(21)Jonathan TaylorRB
4.(40)Jahmyr GibbsRB
5.(41)Calvin RidleyWR
6.(60)DJ MooreWR
7.(61)Javonte WilliamsRB
8.(80)D'Andre SwiftRB
9.(81)PhiladelphiaDEF
10.(100)Evan McPhersonK
11.(101)Courtland SuttonWR
12.(120)Anthony RichardsonQB
13.(121)Kadarius ToneyWR
14.(140)JuJu Smith-SchusterWR
15.(141)Greg DulcichTE

Justin Jefferson was nearly automatic for me, and the big factor was touches, along with Dome WR vs outside WR (Chase), and that's a difference maker to me especially for fantasy playoffs. Someome grabbed Mahomes like 11th, so on the backswing I pulled the trigger on Hurts who I think is 1b for QB. Taylor is the big question mark here, I couldn't pass on him, and ultimately think he gets traded, but if he doesn't this could sink me. The rest of the draft is stellar IMO. Starting RBs in Gibbs, Javonte.(Maybe could have used another), and starting wideouts galore in Ridley, Moore, Sutton (not sure why he fell so far as hes right there with Jerry), Toney and JuJu. With a draft like that, I was able to go early for Def and Kicker and grabbed Philly and McPherson, who should both be top5 for the year. My one issue was that Tight End just never fell right for me.. however, it's a position I usually shade, and I think Dulcich will wind up being a top8 TE when it's all said and done.

Happy with this, and already favored in nearly every week. Just need to stay relatively healthy...

The Hurts pick and the Taylor pick worries me. Hurts could definitely get hurt for a 2nd and Taylor? Who knows, could sit or get traded to a number one with a good number two? Idk.

I’m not touching Taylor til like round 3-4 at best. Hurts idk.

I’m in a non ppr league. I don’t need QBs til the 7-9th rounds. If you want Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, etc before me have at it

I’ll stock up on WRs and RBs like I do every year hoping for injuries and people HAVE to lose a trade to me to maintain a chance of winning.

Anyone can get a shitty QB after their QB1 is injured and get a total of 40-60 less that year. When everyone has 5 RBs and you have a QB that’s injured, you’re the one begging.

The Hurts pick and the Taylor pick worries me. Hurts could definitely get hurt for a 2nd and Taylor? Who knows, could sit or get traded to a number one with a good number two? Idk.

I’m not touching Taylor til like round 3-4 at best. Hurts idk.

I’m in a non ppr league. I don’t need QBs til the 7-9th rounds. If you want Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, etc before me have at it

I’ll stock up on WRs and RBs like I do every year hoping for injuries and people HAVE to lose a trade to me to maintain a chance of winning.

Anyone can get a shitty QB after their QB1 is injured and get a total of 40-60 less that year. When everyone has 5 RBs and you have a QB that’s injured, you’re the one begging.

Well any QB can get injured. Hurts should be fine. And with having the #1 pick, I wasn't gonna get a good QB if I didn't jump at the 20th/21st pick. But admittedly, the guy who took Mahomes so early got me a little spooked.

What's a non PPR league? I've only known PPR/half, and redraft/dynasty.

Jonathan Taylor, in a PPR league was drafted 16th overall on average. If he plays, which he likely will, I might not lose a game (again, if relatively healthy).. not with Jefferson/Hurts/JT as my top 3. Had to take a bit of a risk as he fell to me at 20th.

Reactions: roguemocha
@LineSkiCat14 Non PPR is just that, no PPR. RB out of the backfield getting a catch, no points, WR 70 yard bomb catch no points, except for yardage.

It changes your drafting dynamically for sure.

And I know any QB can be injured but if you take one in the top 3 rounds at least you’re hardcore gambling he’s putting up numbers all year. You can’t replace that.

If I draft Mahomes and he gets hurt, I’m f*****d. I can’t replace him. If I draft Herbert or whoever in the 8th round, he’s only projected to score what? 40-60 less points than Mahomes and his surrounding counterparts are within 10-20 points.

Now if I draft Derrick Henry first and 4-5 other backs, I lose him, man that sucks but I have 4 other guys to step in that are around 15-30 points less a year.

Last edited:
You see where I’m coming from? I’m just looking at less risk with “almost” the same output vs drafting Mahomes so high and thinking we’ll if he gets hurt I’m DONE.

I want to get in the playoffs and figure it out from there.

Hard not to take him at that point as well. PPR or not.

My go to is basically draft all the position players I can like i said and then my QBs and TEs. I’ll hold dudes until an injury and then cash out because I have collateral.

I’m off on a tangent here I’m sorry, it’s more working through my head the draft tomorrow.

So in ESPNs mock draft 10 team Non PPR:
Cousins went in the 12th round. He is projected to average like 6 less points than Mahomes per game.

So in those 9 picks between Cousins and Mahomes, you don’t think I’ll pick up at LEAST six points?

Sorry just had a bunch erased, this site keeps crashing on my phone since the update.

Last edited:
@LineSkiCat14 Non PPR is just that, no PPR. RB out of the backfield getting a catch, no points, WR 70 yard bomb catch no points, except for yardage.

It changes your drafting dynamically for sure.

And I know any QB can be injured but if you take one in the top 3 rounds at least you’re hardcore gambling he’s putting up numbers all year. You can’t replace that.

If I draft Mahomes and he gets hurt, I’m f*****d. I can’t replace him. If I draft Herbert or whoever in the 8th round, he’s only projected to score what? 40-60 less points than Mahomes and his surrounding counterparts are within 10-20 points.

Now if I draft Derrick Henry first and 4-5 other backs, I lose him, man that sucks but I have 4 other guys to step in that are around 15-30 points less a year.

Oh wow, no PPR changes everything.

As far as QBs, I believe we're in an era where the elite QBs are worth taking early. I think something like 8 of the top12 Qb performances in history, have all come in recent years. The rushing yards and TDs put them over the top.

What DOES worry me about Hurts is that guys like him could be so far ahead in the standings come week 15 and 16, that they could be rested. But that could also happen to any of the top 6 QBs honestly.

TEs I always shade. If you ca t get Kelce, the rest are just too close to each other. Andrew's and Kittle might be a tier 2.. but both have some injury concern/risk.

TEs I always shade. If you ca t get Kelce, the rest are just too close to each other. Andrew's and Kittle might be a tier 2.. but both have some injury concern/risk.
Look at my redone crashed post above.

Yeah agree on TEs. Kelce is basically WR 4-5-6 this year most likely. But if you don’t get him or little just wait til the last rounds.

D or K? Who cares? If you don’t get an overwhelming 1-2-(maybe)3 it doesn’t matter, stream them.

Mahomes put up 459pts last year in yahoo ppr.

Cousins put up 327pts.

So you're kind of right.. but it might be more like 8 points difference than 6.

But I also think you can make the same argument between similarly ranked guys.. say 2nd rounder Davante Adams and Cortland Sutton. It's about the same difference in their point averages. Davante had 150 more total points than Sutton last year.

The other thing is, asking myself who I passed up on in the range of Hurts.. Gwilson still has to hope Rodgers doesn't regress. Devonta Smith is still a #2, Olave plays for New Orleans, waddle Is a #2. I like these guys a lot. But two WRs in the top3 picks means I really have to hope I get my RBs, QB and TE in later rounds.

Got Lamar and a few guys that were hurt that need to stay healthy this year. Chark is already down but also chosen in the 11th round. C. Sutton, Skyy Moore, McKinnon and Boyd also on my bench.
QB Jackson
RB Henry
RB Mixon
WR T. Hill
WR D. Samuel
WR Godwin
WR M. Brown
TE Njoku
K Elliott
D Patriots

Finished my draft today. Full PPR league. We have to select three QBs and start one, 4 RBs and start two, five WRs and start three, 2 TE and start one and 2 kickers and 2 D and start one of each of them.

Finally, I had the sixth pick in a 10 team league.

QB-Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones, and Brock Purdy,
RB-Nick Chubb, Dameon Pierce, Raschid (sp?) White, Antonio Gibson,
WR-Cooper Kupp, Chris Olave, Brandon Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton and Elijah Moore,
TE-Evan Engram, David Njoku,
D-Steelers, Raiders,
K-Elliot, Zeurline

I’m solid. I should make the playoffs, depending on health of course. Worried about Kupp, but his upside was so high I had to take him in the first.

Finished my draft today. Full PPR league. We have to select three QBs and start one, 4 RBs and start two, five WRs and start three, 2 TE and start one and 2 kickers and 2 D and start one of each of them.

Finally, I had the sixth pick in a 10 team league.

QB-Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones, and Brock Purdy,
RB-Nick Chubb, Dameon Pierce, Raschid (sp?) White, Antonio Gibson,
WR-Cooper Kupp, Chris Olave, Brandon Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton and Elijah Moore,
TE-Evan Engram, David Njoku,
D-Steelers, Raiders,
K-Elliot, Zeurline

I’m solid. I should make the playoffs, depending on health of course. Worried about Kupp, but his upside was so high I had to take him in the first.

Wait.. why does your league force you to take a specific number of positions?

Solid draft. I favored a lot of those WRs. I loved grabbing Sutton BEFORE the Jeudy injury.

Wait.. why does your league force you to take a specific number of positions?

Solid draft. I favored a lot of those WRs. I loved grabbing Sutton BEFORE the Jeudy injury.
We’ve had this league for 28 years now and that has always been the rule. We like it that way, because it keeps an active waiver/free agency for every position except QB. If you have an injury at RB or WR, there is always someone solid to pick up.

We’ve had this league for 28 years now and that has always been the rule. We like it that way, because it keeps an active waiver/free agency for every position except QB. If you have an injury at RB or WR, there is always someone solid to pick up.

Well yeah I get having a lineup with various positions. Ours you have to start a set number of positions.. but there's nothing that says you can't have an entire bench full of wideouts and nothing else. I guess, why do you HAVE to take 3 QBs. I'd prefer to take none.

Man 28 years.. what was fantasy football even like back then lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT