ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Going down the tubes since I had 3 guys on bye 2 weeks ago. Now I have 5 players questionable but yet, my points given up has gone down.

Only Foreman's on a bye this time. This weekend is a must win against the first place team.

Last edited:
Going down the tubes since I had 3 guys on bye 2 weeks ago. Now I have 5 players questionable but yet, my scoring is up.

Only Foreman's on a bye this time. This weekend is a must win against the first place team.

In the league where I'm 2nd (tied for 1st, really).. I made a trade a month ago, giving away my Cortland Sutton for his Dameon Pierce, and one of the biggest selling points was loading that week up with Byes and essentially punting it. Pierce, Adams, Sun God and Derrick Henry all on byes that week. That was only one of my 3 losses.

Me personally, I'd rather have all my byes fall together, and just take the loss.. Than have them spread out, where seemingly every week I'm without a starting caliber player.

Reactions: jameslee32
Okay, I’m 6-7 after a massive week last week. According to the espn playoff projector thingie, I’ve got a 97% chance to make it in.

I’m the leading scorer by over 50 points so far, lol.

Won by 11 and also sitting at 6-7 with another must win game. This time vs the last place team who's scored over 200 points 2 out of the last 4 games. I have 4 guys on a bye. My opponent has 6 on a bye. Neither team can have any injuries. The big trouble for me is Hurts, Adams and Chase can score 100 points by themselves.

Reactions: GeraldV
Regular season finished update:

Finished 4-10 with the 4th (of 12) most points scored in the league and the most scored against in the league by 65 points. 🤮 For comparison sake, my brother is sitting at 9-5 and I outscored his team by 160 points.

Rough estimate I was favored going into at least 80% of my games.

Lost my round 1 pick Kupp to injury along the way.

After finishing 2nd last year I want to chalk this up to crappy luck.

Snuck into the playoffs with the #5 seed even though I scored 60 more points than any other team.

Anymore, if I make the playoffs, I consider that a successful season.

I started a waived kicker and Boyd who got hurt on the 2nd play of the game. Lost by 40 and playing the division winner in the playoffs that I beat a couple weeks ago. In 2022 I scored the 3rd fewest points while giving up the 3rd most points in the league. I finished tied with 3 other teams at 6-8.

1st place with the bye in one league.

.. the other league though, I got royally ****ed at the end and was close to starting a fight (still might). Playing the last place guy, and several people warned him to set his lineup and also make a few roster adds.. when this guy has been checked out all year. Cost my a playoff spot, despite being the best team in the league, but several were worried that if I made playoffs, I'd roll.. so they colluded against me.

Scumbag league. I'm going to stay in it next year and royally **** up their entire draft.. and then not pay.. and just leave.

Torn over my RB 2 this week in my PPR league. Choices are:

D. Montgomery v. Philly,
D. Pierce v. KC, or
B. Robinson, Jr. v. Giants.

From a matchup standpoint alone, I'm leaning Robinson, as the other two could basically be nullified by their teams possibly being down really big really early and having to go to the air.

Thoughts from the crowd?

Well Pierce is hurt, so you dont have to worry about him.

Is Jordan Davis back yet for the Eagles Run defense? If not maybe go with Monty. Giants have a serviceable defense and I'm not sold that B-Rob will do well.

Well Pierce is hurt, so you dont have to worry about him.

Is Jordan Davis back yet for the Eagles Run defense? If not maybe go with Monty. Giants have a serviceable defense and I'm not sold that B-Rob will do well.
Has Pierce been declared out? I thought he was just dinged up.

Has Pierce been declared out? I thought he was just dinged up.

Says he's gonna miss week 15 and maybe 16.

Honestly, while I loved Pierce during the season, I dont think he can do much more. Houston is BAD, and teams are keying on him as he's the only offensive weapon they have. He has a VERY shaky floor ROS: Sure he can maybe get you an 18pt game, but if the game script sours, it could be a 4 pt game. PLUS he's banged up right now, and wouldn't be shocked if Houston dials him back as the season comes to a close.

I won Pierce in both leagues and don't even have a great RB2 option.. and I'm STILL thinking I wont start him.

Says he's gonna miss week 15 and maybe 16.

Honestly, while I loved Pierce during the season, I dont think he can do much more. Houston is BAD, and teams are keying on him as he's the only offensive weapon they have. He has a VERY shaky floor ROS: Sure he can maybe get you an 18pt game, but if the game script sours, it could be a 4 pt game. PLUS he's banged up right now, and wouldn't be shocked if Houston dials him back as the season comes to a close.

I won Pierce in both leagues and don't even have a great RB2 option.. and I'm STILL thinking I wont start him.
I didn't know it was that serious. Thanks for letting me know. That narrows it down some!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm stuck with King Henry, Pacheco and Pierce as my RBs. I'll stick with Pacheco over Pierce.

I have to make a call for my 3rd WR and my flex: Garrett Wilson, Aiyuk, Hollywood brown and Peoples Jones..

All four of them have QB question marks, as all 4 of them will be playing with some form of a backup (I'm counting Watson as a backup for ROS).. I'm thinking Wilson and Aiyuk.

I’m terrified of SF on a short week with a rookie QB who has never started a road game. I’d probably start Aiyuk anyway, but I’d be scared there.

I think I’d go Wilson too.

I’m terrified of SF on a short week with a rookie QB who has never started a road game. I’d probably start Aiyuk anyway, but I’d be scared there.

I think I’d go Wilson too.

Yeah I don't love it either. But Deebo is injuried, and I just like Aiyuk's chances with Brock Purdy more than Hollywoods chances with Colt McCoy.

I could flex Pierce, but I feel that's also dangerous.

Heck even G.Wilson has me nervoud if White can't play.

I left Conner out of last night's game on purpose to lose so that the guy that beat me out would claim the last spot in the playoffs. That win prevented another guy from taking that spot, who was on a hot streak and actually had the highest points total in the league. I would have had to play him as the one seed instead if I had won. Some in my league said it was a dick move. I thought the point was to give yourself the best chance to win the whole thing.

Reactions: J_Dee
I left Conner out of last night's game on purpose to lose so that the guy that beat me out would claim the last spot in the playoffs. That win prevented another guy from taking that spot, who was on a hot streak and actually had the highest points total in the league. I would have had to play him as the one seed instead if I had won. Some in my league said it was a dick move. I thought the point was to give yourself the best chance to win the whole thing.

See this I'm OK with. You're trying to win the whole thing, and if that means benching your guys to adjust playoff seeding, so be it. It's a smart tactic.

What you can't do, is plan this with other teams to get different teams out. It really needs to be a singular effort that you can prove was to help yourself.. and not help others or have it be out of spite. So if some guy rests his team to keep me out, that's fine. But if other players are trying to get him to do it, that's not fine.. imo.

See this I'm OK with. You're trying to win the whole thing, and if that means benching your guys to adjust playoff seeding, so be it. It's a smart tactic.

What you can't do, is plan this with other teams to get different teams out. It really needs to be a singular effort that you can prove was to help yourself.. and not help others or have it be out of spite. So if some guy rests his team to keep me out, that's fine. But if other players are trying to get him to do it, that's not fine.. imo.
The guy that I let win had no idea until after halftime when the other dude realized what I had done and sent out a pissy group text. I colluded with no one. I was looking out for myself. I get to play the same guy I let win again next week. I would have beaten him by 25 and I'm predicted to beat him by the same amount this week. I don't care for the dude I let win. I just want an easier chance to advance.

The guy that I let win had no idea until after halftime when the other dude realized what I had done and sent out a pissy group text. I colluded with no one. I was looking out for myself. I get to play the same guy I let win again next week. I would have beaten him by 25 and I'm predicted to beat him by the same amount this week. I don't care for the dude I let win. I just want an easier chance to advance.

I see nothing wrong with it. The guy who missed out on the playoffs can be mad.. and I guess I don't blame him for being annoyed.. but he also has to understand WHY it was done.

See I think this could be fixed though.. if they just gave the higher seeds a starting point advantage, as their sort of "home field advantage" that a real sports team gets. Like ever higher seed is spotted 10 points. Because otherwise, you could be the #1 seed, yet having to play the best team, when they're projected to not only be close, but possibly even be projected to win.

I see nothing wrong with it. The guy who missed out on the playoffs can be mad.. and I guess I don't blame him for being annoyed.. but he also has to understand WHY it was done.

See I think this could be fixed though.. if they just gave the higher seeds a starting point advantage, as their sort of "home field advantage" that a real sports team gets. Like ever higher seed is spotted 10 points. Because otherwise, you could be the #1 seed, yet having to play the best team, when they're projected to not only be close, but possibly even be projected to win.
That is exactly what would have happened and thus the reason I let the other guy win.

Alright, won a high scoring quarterfinal matchup and now advance to the semis where I play the #1 overall seed.

I’ve scored more overall points but this one is truly a 50/50 tossup in my opinion. Another big week from Jalen Hurts wouldn’t hurt my feelings though.

I think I'll probably bow out early, maybe even this week, despite having the BYE and the top seed. I have Hurts also, and he should be fine.. but my RBs are getting injured, and guys like D. Henry and Davante Adams are just too shaky for me.. everyone else is meh.

Also thinking of moving away from Justin Tucker and streaming a kicker. I just don't trust the Ravens unless Lamar is back. Tucker has been K10 over the last 5 weeks.

I think I'll probably bow out early, maybe even this week, despite having the BYE and the top seed. I have Hurts also, and he should be fine.. but my RBs are getting injured, and guys like D. Henry and Davante Adams are just too shaky for me.. everyone else is meh.

Also thinking of moving away from Justin Tucker and streaming a kicker. I just don't trust the Ravens unless Lamar is back. Tucker has been K10 over the last 5 weeks.
That Ravens offense would terrify me with Tucker right now. I have tried to get my league to do away with kickers, but I never win the argument.

That Ravens offense would terrify me with Tucker right now. I have tried to get my league to do away with kickers, but I never win the argument.

Yeah hard to trust them right now. I didn't even really love them WHEN Lamar was healthy.

I do like Kickers though. I like the streaming aspect of Kickers and Defenses as a way to combat loaded teams. They are kind of the last positions left this time of year, that can add value to your team. There's just no one on waivers for W/R/T.
"
Just realized this was also the league where I lost Javonte Williams AND Dameon Pierce, both borderline RB1s.. All that's left is King Henry, Pacheco (who got blown out by McKinnon).. Don't even have a 3rd RB right now, and all that's left on Waivers is Latavious Murray (who I will be targeting).

Might grab Mattison as a prayer that Dalvin Cook goes down or they preserve him for playoffs.

I wouldn't be too upset if I lost early though.

I've always felt that winning regular season is a greater accomplishment than winning in the playoffs. The playoffs are always a crap shoot and you get no benefit of being a higher seed aside from a 1-week bye.

Of course, I'd love the prize money and bragging rights. But I'm always perfectly content if I can say I was the best team all year.

I cursed us. Schefter just said Hurts is uncertain to play after an injury last week.

I cursed us. Schefter just said Hurts is uncertain to play after an injury last week.

Unreal. That will surely be it for 90% of Hurts owners.

But that's EXACTLY why I care more about being the regular season winner than anything else. Playoffs are a total crap shoot. But being able to go 11-3 or 13-1 over the regular season is not.

Last edited:
Lost by 10 even after adding Zay Jones and Jerick McKinnon to the starting lineup. Herbert, Foreman, Schultz and the Dallas defense did me no favors.

Unreal. That will surely be it for 90% of Hurts owners.

But that's EXACTLY why I care more about being the regular season winner than anything else. Playoffs are a total crap shoot. But being able to go 11-3 or 13-1 over the regular season is not.
Im screwed.

My play last week letting my opponent beat me so I got to play him again in a rematch paid off. Whipped him 139-72. Had I won I would have been beaten by the guy I didn't want to sneak into the playoffs yesterday.

Anyone else in a QB dilemma for this week? Deciding between Zach Wilson, Russ Wilson, Gardner Minshew, Deshaun Watson (and anyone else on the lower end of QBs).

Zach - Looks like AWFUL weather for the game tonight, and I don't think he's going to play well against a surging Jacksonville.

Russ - He seems to have the best floor of the group, but I kind of fear he might get benched as they have nothing to play for now.

Gardner - My pick right now.. he should get me at least 12 fantasy points with that Eagles team, but he could very well have a 20+pt day.

Watson - Another bad weather game, and he hasn't looked good.

Yeah, with Hurts probably out, it’s either Kirk cousins or Trevor Lawrence for me. Since the Jags play tonight, I’m not playing Lawrence, so it looks like Kirk Cousins for me.

“YOU LIKE THAT!?”

Yeah, with Hurts probably out, it’s either Kirk cousins or Trevor Lawrence for me. Since the Jags play tonight, I’m not playing Lawrence, so it looks like Kirk Cousins for me.

“YOU LIKE THAT!?”

Keep an eye on the weather for the game at NYJ.. I'm not convinced yet it's gonna be as bad as they say. But if it is, then yeah you have to roll with Kirk. Honestly, just roll with Kirk anyways. Because if Zach Wilson continues to be bad, this could turn ugly quick and the game script might eat into TL's production. Wouldn't shock me if Zach throws two INTs early, and JAX scores off it, and then they just milk the rest of the game.

The issue with Minshew is the Cowboys defense might not suffer as much as they did last week in what might have been their worst performance. I can tell you from experience it was really bad fantasy wise.

Russell Wilson will have the best weather vs a Rams defense likely missing Aaron Donald again with 4 others on the injury report. Rypien had 2 turnovers last week.

Zach Wilson is getting Corey Davis back but has to deal with rain and wind vs snow and wind.

Brock Purdy might be on my radar if it was me and the weather should cooperate but he's on the injury report. Perhaps Davis Mills as well. I would avoid Baker Mayfield and Mac Jones since they play good defenses although NE should be plenty motivated.

My worry with Russ though is that it appears he could have played last week, but they didn't feel the need to rush him back as they are eliminated. I have a feeling Denver will be quick to pull him as he IS still a prized asset (even if he's proving to be overrated/past his prime).

Why do I get the sense he's gonna play 1 half and get pulled.

Don't know what to make of the Cowboys defense. I'd like to think that Philly can still get to 17 points. And I think that means Minshew should get 12 fantasy points.

Wilson didn't look hurt so he got benched in this game?

Because he sucks. He should have never been a #2 pick. Had one good season with BYU and that's its. This guy is ass and I'm glad the Jets are throwing him out there to find out..

One bullet dodged... figuratively and fantasy.

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT