ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Well yeah I get having a lineup with various positions. Ours you have to start a set number of positions.. but there's nothing that says you can't have an entire bench full of wideouts and nothing else. I guess, why do you HAVE to take 3 QBs. I'd prefer to take none.

Man 28 years.. what was fantasy football even like back then lol.
We scored the games by hand back then. I think using the Tuesday USA Today sports section IIRC

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
2nd draft last night. Did not go well. got the 10th pick which for this year, really seems like it's the spot where the tiers drop off.

1.(10)CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR)
2.(11)A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
3.(30)Calvin Ridley (Jax - WR)
4.(31)Jahmyr Gibbs (Det - RB)
5.(50)Kenneth Walker III (Sea - RB)
6.(51)Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)
7.(70)Tua Tagovailoa (Mia - QB)
8.(71)Jahan Dotson (Was - WR)
9.(90)Elijah Moore (Cle - WR)
10.(91)Michael Pittman Jr. (Ind - WR)
11.(110)Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
12.(111)Chigoziem Okonkwo (Ten - TE)
13.(130)Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
14.(131)JuJu Smith-Schuster (NE - WR)
15.(150)Jaylen Warren (Pit - RB)
16.(151)D'Onta Foreman (Chi - RB)

I'm fine with the first 4-5 picks. CeeDee Lamb and AJ Brown are about the best I could expect for the 10th and 11th picks. Ridley and Gibbs have a wide range of outcomes, but scared money doesn't make no money. But Ken Walker is iffy, Jonathan Taylor might not play this year, and some jackass took two QBs, so instead of Joe Burrow, I got stuck with Tua (which im not TOO upset over because Tua when healthy is going to take in decent points for where I got him).

I like Dotson and Moore's potential, but after that the rest of the picks are dart throws, while also scrambling for RB depth. I am glad I got Justin Tucker and the Philly defense. But, this league, more so than the other, will really depend on Jonathan Taylor..

Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
2nd draft last night. Did not go well. got the 10th pick which for this year, really seems like it's the spot where the tiers drop off.

1.(10)CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR)
2.(11)A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
3.(30)Calvin Ridley (Jax - WR)
4.(31)Jahmyr Gibbs (Det - RB)
5.(50)Kenneth Walker III (Sea - RB)
6.(51)Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)
7.(70)Tua Tagovailoa (Mia - QB)
8.(71)Jahan Dotson (Was - WR)
9.(90)Elijah Moore (Cle - WR)
10.(91)Michael Pittman Jr. (Ind - WR)
11.(110)Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
12.(111)Chigoziem Okonkwo (Ten - TE)
13.(130)Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
14.(131)JuJu Smith-Schuster (NE - WR)
15.(150)Jaylen Warren (Pit - RB)
16.(151)D'Onta Foreman (Chi - RB)

I'm fine with the first 4-5 picks. CeeDee Lamb and AJ Brown are about the best I could expect for the 10th and 11th picks. Ridley and Gibbs have a wide range of outcomes, but scared money doesn't make no money. But Ken Walker is iffy, Jonathan Taylor might not play this year, and some jackass took two QBs, so instead of Joe Burrow, I got stuck with Tua (which im not TOO upset over because Tua when healthy is going to take in decent points for where I got him).

I like Dotson and Moore's potential, but after that the rest of the picks are dart throws, while also scrambling for RB depth. I am glad I got Justin Tucker and the Philly defense. But, this league, more so than the other, will really depend on Jonathan Taylor..
Just because Tua has such a long injury history, I might pick up a #2 QB to hold onto in case something happened.

Just because Tua has such a long injury history, I might pick up a #2 QB to hold onto in case something happened.

With it being only a 10-team, I have a few other options on the Waiver wire. I'm starting to believe @roguemocha a bit on the fact that Hurts and the top tier QBs aren't much different than taking Trevor Lawrence and the mid tier guys. However, this is a half PPR league.. so QBs are worth THAT much more.

The guy who took Burrow ALSO took Lamar Jackson AND Taysom Hill (while still having a TE already in Hurst).. This means he basically threw away two draft picks (maybe 3 by drafting Hurst, yuck), so I suspect come mid season, he's going to need a WR or RB, and I'll try and trade him then.

My lone team this year. I had first pick. Go Bengals.

371535452_320065170519045_2873193862300173988_n.png

My lone team this year. I had first pick. Go Bengals.

371535452_320065170519045_2873193862300173988_n.png

Not bad. I'd drop one of the QBs soon though. Maybe go grab Kareem Hunt as a stash, or just see who is available.

I might also drop someone and grab Washington Defense. I think they are gonna feast on Arizona, who has no QB, no Dhop, and are looking like they could be one of the worst squads in the last decade. I could see Washington putting up like 15-17 fantasy points on turnovers and sacks. However, playing Dallas defense against NYG, should be fine.

I also have Chiggy. Had to take a flyer on someone for TE and he had a great rookie year. if he could just be somewhere in the TEtop10, I'd be thrilled.

Your RB's might need work. and I think you're letting your Bengals-fandom run a little wild here haha. There has to be some better options than Chase Brown and Tyler Boyd.

Your RB's might need work. and I think you're letting your Bengals-fandom run a little wild here haha. There has to be some better options than Chase Brown and Tyler Boyd.

I just dropped Boyd for Dallas TE Jake Ferguson. Three TEs. XD

I'm keeping Brown though. If Mixon gets benched and/or suspended, Brown might be the lead back since neither Evans nor Williams are very good. Probably won't happen, but hey I've still got two Bengals on my team, which is what matters.

Oooof. I was telling my buddies just this morning that Kelce's usage/mileage over the last few years concerns me. He's basically played an extra month of football for the last 5 years now, RARELY missing a game. That doesn't bode well for a 34 year old tight end with his usage.

You couple that, with the fact that KC is playing for the playoffs at this point, I wouldn't be shocked if they are VERY conservative with Kelce. They also have very little WR's to pick up the slack. So they need him to be 100%.

Up by 5 but my opponent has his defense (Bills) playing tonight. I suppose Rodgers could go nuts in his first game with the Jets but not expecting it.

Up by 5 but my opponent has his defense (Bills) playing tonight. I suppose Rodgers could go nuts in his first game with the Jets but not expecting it.

I think the Jets will score some points, and there's no Von Miller. But, bills defense is still solid and Hyde and poyer are healthy. I think if the Jets can avoid the turnovers you might be OK.

Won in one league, lost in another.

--- Philly and Dallas defenses were doing SO well, they actually hurt my shares of Lamb, Jalen and AJ. I'm kind of wondering what Jalens value will be. I know it's one game, but I suspect Philly is going to get out to leads and kind of coast. Hoping they are in more close games.
--- I'm still horrible at streaming defenses. Thought Washington D was a home run. An easy double digit day. Nope.
--- I am THIN at running backs. If JT doesn't come back it will be tough.
--- Calvin Ridley looks like a home run pick. He's gonna be Tlaws #1 all year.

Also, and pertinent to the fans here.. but the Bengals looked like ass and ruined my McPherson pick for kicker. You really can't count on Cincy, I'm sorry guys.

Reactions: J_Dee
I think steaming any D is just a crap shot and that’s fine I do it regularly, if you need a S to score double digits (at least how my league is scored) you have way bigger problems. Most of them got double digits a couple times a year except SF who lit me up as well in an opening week L.

Gonna be hard to find a better game this season than that one. Rogers gets injured on the first drive (which is probably gonna be a headline all year). Almost no hope for the Jets. Wilson game manages and shows some poise. Jets defense comes up huge with 3 picks and a fumble. Jets take the improbable lead. Josh Allen two minute drill for the FG tie, which is an inch away from missing. Overtime. Bills get the ball, Jets defense holds. Bills punt and Jets walk off TD return.

JETS BABY!

I think steaming any D is just a crap shot and that’s fine I do it regularly, if you need a S to score double digits (at least how my league is scored) you have way bigger problems. Most of them got double digits a couple times a year except SF who lit me up as well in an opening week L.

I like streaming defenses for this possibly flawed logic: it's the one position that can give you a 10pt swing in a given week. Unless you land a hot waiver pickup, there's likely no one out there, who you could add that would be better than what you have as starters or your bench. Like you're not finding a RB out there to replace what you have, unless you're real lucky. Defenses can also give you several negative points (in yahoo standard leagues) if they get burnt. So that swing could actually be even greater.

But chances are, there IS going to be 1 or 2 of a handful of defenses that will well outperform your drafted defense (unless you land a top 3). For instance, 3 of your top7 defenses this week were likely undrafted.

Reactions: roguemocha
I think the Jets will score some points, and there's no Von Miller. But, bills defense is still solid and Hyde and poyer are healthy. I think if the Jets can avoid the turnovers you might be OK.
Incredibly quick ending to the Rodgers mass media hysteria. Surely they'll explain how fans hopes were overblown the next 16 weeks and completely ignore the Wilson-led comeback.

Incredibly quick ending to the Rodgers mass media hysteria. Surely they'll explain how fans hopes were overblown the next 16 weeks and completely ignore the Wilson-led comeback.

I've finally decided to re-emerge from my room after what's possibly the MOST GUTWRENCHING HEARTBREAK TO A SPORTS ORGANIZATION EVER.

Unbelievable.. 20 years ago Vinny T also tears his Achilles, on a team with Superbowl aspirations. It's amazing just how snake-bitten the Jets are, and mostly due to just bad luck and nothing more.

We will see what Wilson has in him.. but Greenberg had it right.. There are better QBs right now, than Rogers, but no team built around their QB like the Jets did this year, and no other team is relying on their QB play like the Jets are. That's literally all we need. Give us a 3,500 yard 25 TD 12 INT season and were right there with anyone.

I've finally decided to re-emerge from my room after what's possibly the MOST GUTWRENCHING HEARTBREAK TO A SPORTS ORGANIZATION EVER.

Unbelievable.. 20 years ago Vinny T also tears his Achilles, on a team with Superbowl aspirations. It's amazing just how snake-bitten the Jets are, and mostly due to just bad luck and nothing more.

We will see what Wilson has in him.. but Greenberg had it right.. There are better QBs right now, than Rogers, but no team built around their QB like the Jets did this year, and no other team is relying on their QB play like the Jets are. That's literally all we need. Give us a 3,500 yard 25 TD 12 INT season and were right there with anyone.
Nothing wrong with SB aspirations but pretty sure the top teams in the AFC are relying on their QB's too. In fact every NFL team as well. Perhaps SF, Tenn and ATL are the exceptions even as they can't have their guys turning the ball over.

Wilson is there for a reason. Let's see what he's learned. Even with his grave already dug in NYC, he'll likely get another shot elsewhere if things don't work out.

Nothing wrong with SB aspirations but pretty sure the top teams in the AFC are relying on their QB's too. In fact every NFL team as well. Perhaps SF, Tenn and ATL are the exceptions even as they can't have their guys turning the ball over.

Wilson is there for a reason. Let's see what he's learned. Even with his grave already dug in NYC, he'll likely get another shot elsewhere if things don't work out.

I think the slim margin goes to the Jets because, IMO, The Jets have the best non-QB roster in the NFL, except maybe San Fran.

It's more or less to say that the QB is the last piece of the puzzle for these Jets.

I was actually kind of impressed with Wilson, given the situation and scenario he was thrown into. I give him a 4 for that game, which sounds bad, but considering he was basically a 1 or a 2 at best for the last two years.. it's an improvement. We just need him to be Mark Sanchez. We just need him to be decent, not even good, per se.

I think I'm gonna start Tyler Boyd in my flex today over Aiyuk. It isn't just enough to try to win; I must try to win with Cincy players (especially against Baltimore). My opponent this week is one of my oldest and best friends, so I don't mind an L. XD

I think I'm gonna start Tyler Boyd in my flex today over Aiyuk. It isn't just enough to try to win; I must try to win with Cincy players (especially against Baltimore). My opponent this week is one of my oldest and best friends, so I don't mind an L. XD

I dont like that strategy. I'd love to start Garrett Wilson, and have him not only go off, but get to root for my Jets.. but I just cant trust him with Zach Wilson yet.

I would not bench Aiyuk after his performance last week.

Ha, you actually picked right with Boyd over Aiyuk.. but I think you just got lucky here.

Benched all the wrong guys this week. Swift, Puka, DJ Moore.. picked the wrong defenses in NYG over Philly. Rough week.

Getting an asskicking with the other guy playing Cousins, Allen, McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson and Lockett. NFL picks against the spread going much better with 11 wins and 2 games left.

Welp, now I have lost my first and second round picks in Cooper Kupp and Nick Chubb. The Steelers D pulled me to a win last night, so I am 1-1. But it is going to be a long season for my beat up roster.

Welp, now I have lost my first and second round picks in Cooper Kupp and Nick Chubb. The Steelers D pulled me to a win last night, so I am 1-1. But it is going to be a long season for my beat up roster.

That is rough. But how did you get both of them in your draft? Was this after Kupp got injured so he fell?

I really try and avoid guys who were already injured recently and guys who have a lot of miles on them. I wanted no part in Kupp, and even Chubb was a "wouldn't be upset if I dont get him" kind of guy. Obviously no one could have predicted the injury, but he has 6 years on him as a running back where he was very heavily used.. He's almost 28.. I felt it was only a matter of time.

Nope. I got Kupp at six overall when he was “doing well” before he reinjured himself. We only have a ten team league so Chubb was there in the second.

I have picked up Puka and Nico Collins so I’ve been scoring well each week, but without Chubb is going to be a struggle.

Nope. I got Kupp at six overall when he was “doing well” before he reinjured himself. We only have a ten team league so Chubb was there in the second.

I have picked up Puka and Nico Collins so I’ve been scoring well each week, but without Chubb is going to be a struggle.

That's kind of wild that Chubb fell to 15th. It sucks that you can't reap the benefits, but that is about as good of a 1-2 punch as you can ask for with your top picks, even if I find them both risky.. I would have absolutely grabbed Chubb at 15.

I went 0-2 in both of my leagues this week. I picked all the wrong guys this week. Check out how bad I whiffed in this league. Outside of my automatic starters like Jalen and Jefferson, I whiffed on every other pick. Ridley/Gibbs/Javonte/Allgeier got me about 30 points.. while I left DJ/Swift/Sutton/Nacua on my bench, for almost 100pts. lol.

And of course in one league I already have the most points scored against me. Never fails. Half the leagues I'm in, I somehow wind up with the toughest schedule.

2023-09-19-10-43-36-Clipboard.png

Reactions: GeraldV
Finished my draft today. Full PPR league. We have to select three QBs and start one, 4 RBs and start two, five WRs and start three, 2 TE and start one and 2 kickers and 2 D and start one of each of them.

Finally, I had the sixth pick in a 10 team league.

QB-Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones, and Brock Purdy,
RB-Nick Chubb, Dameon Pierce, Raschid (sp?) White, Antonio Gibson,
WR-Cooper Kupp, Chris Olave, Brandon Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton and Elijah Moore,
TE-Evan Engram, David Njoku,
D-Steelers, Raiders,
K-Elliot, Zeurline

I’m solid. I should make the playoffs, depending on health of course. Worried about Kupp, but his upside was so high I had to take him in the first.
Here was my initial roster after the draft. I've been fighting hard on the waiver wire, so here is the team as currently situated.

RB-Dameon Pierce, Raschid (sp?) White, Jerome Ford, Matt Breida,
WR-Cooper Kupp(IR), Chris Olave, Brandon Aiyuk, Nico Collins, Puka Nacua, Courtland Sutton,
D-Steelers, Patriots,
K-Elliot, Aubrey.

It's a freaking mess, lol.

Here was my initial roster after the draft. I've been fighting hard on the waiver wire, so here is the team as currently situated.

RB-Dameon Pierce, Raschid (sp?) White, Jerome Ford, Matt Breida,
WR-Cooper Kupp(IR), Chris Olave, Brandon Aiyuk, Nico Collins, Puka Nacua, Courtland Sutton,
D-Steelers, Patriots,
K-Elliot, Aubrey.

It's a freaking mess, lol.

Oh vey. Well for starters, you need to only roster 1 kicker and 1 defense (unless there's a special format you are playing) until you can get your starters set. Starting multiple Defenses is for teams who have a solid squad and don't need their bench. and no offense, but you're not there yet. Get those RBs and WRS set and then you can start playing with defenses. (same goes for rostering 3 QBs)

You got Puka and Nico, and they should continue to emerge as decent options at WR, especially Puka. Dude might wind up being a top5-top10 WR. And with Olave and Aiyuk (and even SUtton), I'd try and trade them for RB help.

TE is good with Engram.

Yeah just find a way to grab a RB.. Is Jaylen Warren available? I think it's only a matter of time before he takes over for Pitt (but Pitt fans please chime in here).

Keep an eye on KC Defense, too. They are young and fast, got Chris Jones back. KC Offense will generally win the time of possession battle which helps. KC is like not rostered in leagues, and it could be a top5 defense.. especially with some juicy match ups coming up. T

Oh vey. Well for starters, you need to only roster 1 kicker and 1 defense (unless there's a special format you are playing) until you can get your starters set. Starting multiple Defenses is for teams who have a solid squad and don't need their bench. and no offense, but you're not there yet. Get those RBs and WRS set and then you can start playing with defenses. (same goes for rostering 3 QBs)

You got Puka and Nico, and they should continue to emerge as decent options at WR, especially Puka. Dude might wind up being a top5-top10 WR. And with Olave and Aiyuk (and even SUtton), I'd try and trade them for RB help.

TE is good with Engram.

Yeah just find a way to grab a RB.. Is Jaylen Warren available? I think it's only a matter of time before he takes over for Pitt (but Pitt fans please chime in here).
I’m the guy with the special format, so you have to have this certain amount of all the positions as I’ve got here.

Warren was drafted, so no luck on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT