ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Fantasy football is the only one I don’t play but Mixon? He the worst decent running back of all-time.

Fantasy football is the only one I don’t play but Mixon? He the worst decent running back of all-time.

He's more or less been "fine". And the first 5 games of the season for Cleveland weren't exactly easy either.. Top defenses in Dallas and Baltimore, Steelers week 1 before injuries settled in.. and Miami and NYJ have decent defenses it seems. Actually, the next 2 months are great, schedule wise, for Cincy. But then the last 4 games will be brutal (NE, Buff, Baltimore, Tampa). Mixon should feast until then though.

He's not in the lite tier of RBs this year.. but who is right now? Ekeler, Saquon... maybe Chubb? Not many others.

Gonna lose both leagues this week.. too many week6 byes and just had to bench Sutton due to a pending trade.

But really just want to use this time to say..

JOSH ALLEN IS A BAD MAN!

Got a shot tonight down 5 with either QB starting. Got Wilson for now but will check the inactive list for key names.

Welp, in my league I am now second in total points scored on the season. My record? 1-5.

I hate fantasy football.

Reactions: roguemocha
Looking to reclaim 1st in both leagues.

1st league I still have Josh Allen and Mixon, and he has Buffalo kicker.. but I'm down 20 points right now.

2nd league I'm ahead by 30 and he still has Amari and Cleveland kicker.

Should hold both. But holy shit, Davante Adam's killed me in both leagues, along with their kicker.. big nothing burger from both. Surprised I'm even in a position to win.

Yeah one of the leagues I have the 2nd most points scored on me. The guy I'm playing this week has 110pts less.. almost like he played one less week than me.

It's the worst

Reactions: roguemocha
Looking to reclaim 1st in both leagues.

1st league I still have Josh Allen and Mixon, and he has Buffalo kicker.. but I'm down 20 points right now.

2nd league I'm ahead by 30 and he still has Amari and Cleveland kicker.

Should hold both. But holy shit, Davante Adam's killed me in both leagues, along with their kicker.. big nothing burger from both. Surprised I'm even in a position to win.

Andddd I lost both leagues, by 1 point. Yes, both of them. Josh Allen gets ****ed by Packers stall ball, Amari goes off, and Mixon does nothing. In one of the leagues above Yahol had me at a 96% favorite sometime in the 1st half.

Last edited:
I have a 4-4 record despite giving up the 2nd most points in the league. Lost 195-152 on Monday to fall out of first place but was lucky enough to pick up Foreman off waivers this past week. I've scored the 7th most points in the league so far.

Good news, guys!

I am officially leading our league in points scored after this weekend!

Bad nees, guys!

I am 2-6 somehow!

2nd time in one of my leagues I lost by less than a point.

I just needed 10pts from AJ Brown and Philly defense tonight.. and they got like 8. Un ****ing real.

Well I just had the lowest scoring team at around 86 ppg bust 131 on me sending me to sole possession of last place at 2 and 8.

Still second in the league in total points, but now I’m up to 4-6, with a chance to get the last playoff slot if I stay hot. We will see.

Reactions: J_Dee
If we're all the guys who have the most (or near the most) points scored, then there has to be someone here who is in like 2nd place with the 8th most points lol.

2nd place (7-3) in one league, with the most points scored, but the least scored against me
3rd place (6-4) in another league, with the most points scored by over 100, and 3rd most scored against me.

Dead last in fantasy basketball at 0-4, though hahaha.

Reactions: GeraldV
Tied for 2nd @ 5-5 with the 7th most points scored and the 2nd most points surrendered.

Lucky to pick up Fields so I cruised to victory with McLaurin and Foreman chipping in. Could be short lived with 3 starters on a bye this week.

Last edited:
Tied for 2nd @ 5-5 with the 7th most points scored and the 9th most points surrendered.

Lucky to pick up Fields so I cruised to victory with McLaurin and Foreman chipping in. Could be short lived with 3 starters on a bye this week.

The Fields pickup is YUGE. The guy in 1st place in one league, who has been barely scraping by, now has Fields. And that was his team's biggest weakness. He's probably going to win out.

The interesting thing with Fields.. is I still wonder if he can do this the rest of the way, as teams are now going to start to game plan for him. And he also has very good defenses coming up in fantasy playoffs.

Tied for 2nd @ 5-5 with the 7th most points scored and the 9th most points surrendered.

Remember when CJ Gardner-Johnson (Eagles) picked Terry McLaurin (Wsh) last night? It was difference in my game. McLaurin would have prolly made six, but never scored another Fpt rest of game. Dallas Goedert is on my team. He fumbled soon after, but no worries. My team survived.

I'm amazed at just how poorly the 8-0 Eagles executed yesterday. I mean roughing the passer as he's taking a knee? How dumb can you be.

Wasn't sold on Philly being the best team, and even more so now. The entire NFC East is literally just playing the leagues bottom feeders, all season long.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Remember when CJ Gardner-Johnson (Eagles) picked Terry McLaurin (Wsh) last night? It was difference in my game. McLaurin would have prolly made six, but never scored another Fpt rest of game. Dallas Goedert is on my team. He fumbled soon after, but no worries. My team survived.
Yeah and Aikman disagreed. Officials seldom make that call.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Still second in the league in total points, but now I’m up to 4-6, with a chance to get the last playoff slot if I stay hot. We will see.

I'm also second in points (I was first prior to week ten) and 4-6. XD

I'm amazed at just how poorly the 8-0 Eagles executed yesterday. I mean roughing the passer as he's taking a knee? How dumb can you be.

Wasn't sold on Philly being the best team, and even more so now. The entire NFC East is literally just playing the leagues bottom feeders, all season long.
Dallas is playing 1st place teams because they won the East last year but that's been turned upside down in the NFC. The Rams and Packers are bad teams now. The Bucs are also a shadow of what they were in 2021.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I should have picked him up a week earlier but I did the math and still would have lost by 1 point.

Hindsight is 2020 right.. But still, even if he doesn't help you last week, he might very well be a top5 fantasy QB to finish. Heck, might even be #1..

My lesson in this whole thing: Even though I didn't need Fields, as a Hurts and Allen owner.. better to let him sit on my bench than let someone else get him. He's going to win a lot of leagues.

Reactions: jameslee32
My crappy news from the weekend, both my TE's are now injured. Zac Ertz was having a really good year, and Dallas Goedert was playing well also. Not sure where to turn now.

My crappy news from the weekend, both my TE's are now injured. Zac Ertz was having a really good year, and Dallas Goedert was playing well also. Not sure where to turn now.

How many teams? Very likely someone dropped Cole Kmet a few weeks ago, but he's blowing up now with Fields. If he's available, go all in on him.

10 teams but all teams have to roster two TEs. Someone dropped Dalton Schultz, so I rostered him with Ertz being already declared out. Kmet isn’t available unfortunately.

10 teams but all teams have to roster two TEs. Someone dropped Dalton Schultz, so I rostered him with Ertz being already declared out. Kmet isn’t available unfortunately.

A 10-team 2-TE league? Bleh. Yeah there probably isn't going to be much available.

The real action item here is to persuade the commish to change it to a 1-TE league for next year. It's just not a very used position in today's football. And the crazy thing, it won't be long until Kelce and Mandrews are on the back end of their careers.. so who the hell will even be the big TE?

Schultz was a Top 5 TE last year and with Dak back I'm looking for him to finish strong as well.

Our league has been around almost 30 years. We have the same rules now as when we started, except turning PPR.

10 teams. Every team must roster 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TE, 2 D and 2 Ks. It’s a strange system for sure, but we’ve done it since the mid 90’s so it will never change.

All right, despite having scored the most points overall, I’m sitting at 5-7 and need a win to make the playoffs. It has been the most frustrating fantasy season ever, but I’ve got a shot to get there and I guess that is all I can ask.

All right, despite having scored the most points overall, I’m sitting at 5-7 and need a win to make the playoffs. It has been the most frustrating fantasy season ever, but I’ve got a shot to get there and I guess that is all I can ask.
Whats your plans for starters and bench players?

5th at 6-6 in one league.
2nd at 9-3 in another league.

I feel confident about making it to at least the 2nd round in playoffs for both.. and a sneaky move I'm eyeing, is grabbing the Tennessee Defense in both leagues (should be available in any 12-team league or smaller), as they play Houston in week 16.

Not only is Houston's offense arguably the worst now with Justin Fields taking over for Chicago. But they are going to be resting Dameon Pierce (RIP to Dameon ROS) and shutting things down for the season. Tenneessee's defense is decent enough, but playing against Houston, it could be one of the last few moves you can make that can give you points. And if for NOTHING else, you stop someone else from getting them.

Starting:

Jalen Hurts
Dalvin Cook
David Montgomery
Stefon Diggs
AJ Brown
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Dalton Schultz
Seattle D against the Rams
Seattle kicker

My only real questions are to start SF D against the Fish who are going to be playing two backup tackles, or Olave over one of my WRs.

Starting:

Jalen Hurts
Dalvin Cook
David Montgomery
Stefon Diggs
AJ Brown
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Dalton Schultz
Seattle D against the Rams
Seattle kicker

My only real questions are to start SF D against the Fish who are going to be playing two backup tackles, or Olave over one of my WRs.

ooo I own some stocks of AJ Brown and Sun God..

Sun God has been pretty solid the last few weeks, and has a nice floor.. while AJ Brown has been in kind of a lull.
But I think I still start both over Olave. And Diggs, despite playing NE tonight.. he should be started as well.

This is one of those "don't overthink it scenarios". Yes, it's likely Olave won't be the worst of the 4, but you really have no way of knowing. Take the upside of the other 3.

Seattle Defense is the safer play as well.

Who are your other RBs? And any decent RB waivers? I don't David Montgomery and his YPC.

Other RBs are Dameon Pierce and Latavious Murray, so I don’t have great options there.

Edit: Brian Robinson is the only possible waiver grab at RB.

Other RBs are Dameon Pierce and Latavious Murray, so I don’t have great options there.

Edit: Brian Robinson is the only possible waiver grab at RB.

Haha I own both, and have had Brob at times too.

I'd grab Brob in the event Gibsons injury hobbled him, for starters..

I also wouldn't rule out playing Dameon over Montgomery for THIS week. All things equal, I probably roll with Montgomery, but Pierce has the Clevelands weak run D to expose. Still, probably safe to just play Montgomery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT