ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

So how are y'all liking this season overall so far?

I've made several roster changes and I'm actually really enjoying this fantasy season, which I really didn't expect. Dropping down to one league where everyone's active and not overthinking stuff was key, who would've thought? XD

So how are y'all liking this season overall so far?

I've made several roster changes and I'm actually really enjoying this fantasy season, which I really didn't expect. Dropping down to one league where everyone's active and not overthinking stuff was key, who would've thought? XD

I'm in 2 leagues and have no desire to ever join a 3rd. It's already a part time job trying to keep up with two, plus I would hate having conflicting players all over 3 or 4 or more leagues.

Good season so far. Like my team, just have to figure out which guys are worth starting. The RB injuries are piling up, though. Which could maybe help my Jonathan Taylor stocks.

Loser of one league will have to stand outside the bar for next year's draft, play an instrument and collect a certain amount of money from passerbys before they are allowed back in haha.

• Haha
Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
I just checked my roster.. I only have 1 player, across 2 leagues, that's 29 or older and it's Justin Tucker. A few 28 year olds, and the rest are like early-to-mid 20s.

That's kind of my winning formula I go with for fantasy. No old players, try and get 2nd and 3rd year guys who are more proven than a rookie, still fresh, and playing for that 2nd contract. I rarely deal with long term injuries, and when I do, it IS cause of a guy I got stuck with who is older.

I think teams who go after these Derrick Henry/Cupp/Chubb types make the mistake of drafting what may be a known commodity, but someone who is likely going to get banged up and injured. What good are these 30-year old home run hitters if they aren't there for playoffs?

Reactions: J_Dee
Picked up Jerome Ford when the guy who's first in the waiver wire got Mostert. Debating whether to play him as a flex. Was also happy to pick up Goedert in free agency when he got dropped for Hunter Henry.

Picked up Jerome Ford when the guy who's first in the waiver wire got Mostert. Debating whether to play him as a flex. Was also happy to pick up Goedert in free agency when he got dropped for Hunter Henry.
Picked up Kareem Hunt before the Browns officially signed him in the hopes that he can take over for Ford at some point. Losing Chubb will probably ruin my hopes of going undefeated lol

Reactions: jameslee32

Don't play Ford this week because 1. he's going up against Tenn Run Defense that just shut down Josh Kelley 2. we don't know how Hunt will be used (if he will even suit up) and 3. because you're a dirty hippie.

I would also go find someone better than Goedert, or at least stash him for now. If Philly is going to turn into a run-first team with Swift being potentially their best RB in the Hurt-era, than ALL receiving weapons will take a hit. Not to mention game scripts which will get out of hand for Philly.

Don't play Ford this week because 1. he's going up against Tenn Run Defense that just shut down Josh Kelley 2. we don't know how Hunt will be used (if he will even suit up) and 3. because you're a dirty hippie.

I would also go find someone better than Goedert, or at least stash him for now. If Philly is going to turn into a run-first team with Swift being potentially their best RB in the Hurt-era, than ALL receiving weapons will take a hit. Not to mention game scripts which will get out of hand for Philly.
You can't handle #3!! Back to foosball. Still debating whether or not to play Ford this week since it's possible Cleveland gets a lead and leans on the running game. I had Ertz but just not going to stash a TE. QB, yes.

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
My team's current form. Gonna pick Tyler Boyd back up, maybe drop Brown. Trying to trade Richardson for Burrow. XD

382251367_7458444900837814_2424423951464351835_n.png

You can't handle #3!! Back to foosball. Still debating whether or not to play Ford this week since it's possible Cleveland gets a lead and leans on the running game. I had Ertz but just not going to stash a TE. QB, yes.

Ford could be a home run play, or it could be nothing. It depends on what you need for the week. I generally prefer the safer "floor" of a player. And if he blows up big, then you can use him all season.

To digress, I'd totally forgotten this and just now remembered, I think this is neat: at least two people in my league have played high school football against Tim Couch and Jacob Tamme. =)

Favored in both leagues by 60%, and really need the wins this week.

League 1 is there isn't much to change this week. My opponent is without Saquon (another guy on my Do Not Draft list). My only real question is if I want to start Ford. But I dont know if I can start him over Gibbs, Walker or my flex Pittman. Then it's a question of whether I want to start Philly D or KC D.. and Im leaning KC defense with what they did to Jacksonville.

League 2 has more options, and opponent doesn't have Kupp (another DND player). Ridley, Gibbs, Swift and Puka are all starting... over Javonte, DJ Moore, Raheem, and Cortland. I just cant see changing that up. Same question on defense, likely going with KC.

In both leagues I think I just need a solid floor as both opponents are without a key player. If I can get to 120 points and hit my projected average, I think I'll be safe.

Ford could be a home run play, or it could be nothing. It depends on what you need for the week. I generally prefer the safer "floor" of a player. And if he blows up big, then you can use him all season.
Projections have me at a 66% chance of winning so maybe it doesn't matter with Henry and Mixon already starting. I tend to play matchups though which tells me to bench Ford, Sutton and Hollywood Brown. It's just that the ceiling is probably higher with Ford than Boyd of course.

I wonder what the heck's going on with the Bears. It ain't good, whatever it is.

DJ Moore is complaining about the coaching as well.

They need to just work into Fields' strengths, let him run more, he's not a pocket passer by nature. I really don't think it's fully on him, and sort of the same with Zach Wilson.. it's just as much the fault of the coaching and the organizations lack of awareness.

All that said, if they want to trade DJ Moore to a team that will pass to him, I'm all for it.

DJ Moore is complaining about the coaching as well.

They need to just work into Fields' strengths, let him run more, he's not a pocket passer by nature. I really don't think it's fully on him, and sort of the same with Zach Wilson.. it's just as much the fault of the coaching and the organizations lack of awareness.

All that said, if they want to trade DJ Moore to a team that will pass to him, I'm all for it.

My bad, I wasn't clear. Not the on-field issues. The alleged investigation by the feds. There's a lot of really crazy rumors going around.

NBC: Bears deny rumors of FBI raid amid resignation of defensive coordinator

CBS: Bears deny rumors of FBI raid at Halas Hall

Have some flex options for this week and could use some expert advice. Jordan Addison, Drake London, or go out on a limb and start Kendre Miller in his debut for New Orleans

I'm sorry I missed your post Matteo. For the record I would've picked Addison too.

I'm gonna try to pay more attention to this thread. I'll probably forget, but I'll try not to. I'm actually having a lot of fun this season, so yeah. XD

Raheem Mostert: 28 FPTs in first half. Averaging 21.5 FPTs/game so for through 2.5 games. One of my better pickups ever.

Left him on my bench.

I continue to pick the flat out wrong guys.

Gibbs and Ridley have killed me in both leagues. What is going on in Jacksonville?

Well, so much for my vaunted Cowboys D/ST......

Arizona is another team I don't know what to make of... without Kyler I figure they are done. Their star RB and WR are really secondary guys..

Then they get up big on the Giants.

Then they inexplicably give up that game to the Giants.

Then in one of the biggest projected blowouts so far.. they not only cover, they not only win, but they more or less dominate the Cowboys.

One league i was demolished.. the other league I need Hurts/Puka/McPherson to get me 60 points in a full PPR. That's going to be a tough ask. I could pivot off of Puka and go with Swift. But I think Puka offers me the upside and the chance for him to realistically get 30pts.

One league i was demolished.. the other league I need Hurts/Puka/McPherson to get me 60 points in a full PPR. That's going to be a tough ask. I could pivot off of Puka and go with Swift. But I think Puka offers me the upside and the chance for him to realistically get 30pts.

Against Seattle's 3-4, LA's air game went 24-37 (334 passing yards) spread around seven players -- and against San Fransisco's 4-3, LA was 34-52 (307) spread around another magnificent seven. And a whopping 35 of those 89 total targets (40%) went to Puka.

So Cin City's 4-3's likely going to try to stop the Rams from marching down the field and setting up Williams by shutting down Puka. And the key to doing that is:

Not being the Bengals, a crock of creamsicle clowns that couldn't defend a pass from Taylor Swift. And even if they can by some miraculously miracled miracle do their freaking jobs, that just opens up the Tutu and Van Show.

0 - 3, baby! Zero and freaking three.

e9e3f7f39d19fc89584d33a8ef016fce

Go Bengals!

Yes I think I have no option but to go with Puka. Because if I switch to Swift.. well he might vulture from Hurts. I need 60 pts. Hard to imagine both Hurts AND Swift getting to 60 total.

Watch Hurts throw 4 tuddys to Swift. I might delete my fantasy team. Lol.

Burrow's good to go tonight! And that makes Puka even better, 'cause it means that a fight between a knife and a gun just turned into a fight between two guns. XD

It also means I'm playing Tyler Boyd over AJ Brown. I'm only behind my opponent by 10 and he's all played out, so I can afford to be an ignorant slot. XD

383478346_676381497776791_5560370772786216705_n.png

Agreed. I was maybe gonna pivot off Puka if burrow didn't go. Cause then it's a blowout and the game script becomes unfavorable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT