ADVERTISEMENT

L. Vaught’s take on Bradshaw

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida
Since the high school season ended it seems that Kentucky basketball signee Aaron Bradshaw has stayed in the headlines.

— Final recruiting rankings raised him as high as No. 2 nationally.

— The 7-1 center impressed everyone with his play at the McDonald’s All-American Game and showcased his outside shooting ability.

— He revealed that he wanted to play power forward, not center, at Kentucky and had the blessing of Kentucky coach John Calipari to do that.

But now comes speculation that Calipari and Kentucky fans certainly do not need. With Bronny James, the son of NBA superstar, committing to USC, rumors started that Bradshaw might renege on his commitment to UK and go play with James.

Bradshaw shares the same agency as LeBron and Bronny James — Klutch Sports. It’s the same agency Chris Livingston has and he put his name into the NBA Draft after one year at UK. It’s also the same agency representing UK signee Justin Edwards according to Kentucky Sports Radio’s Jack Pilgrim.

On WLAP Sunday Morning Sports Talk, Pilgrim insisted the Bradshaw to USC speculation had validity because of the marketing value those close to Bradshaw thought it could mean for him.

Bradshaw posted a picture of himself in a Kentucky uniform on social media Saturday but Pilgrim said that could be a smokescreen and he knew there was interest by some of Bradshaw’s “people” in having him play with Bronny James because of the attention he would get.

Makes you wonder why Bradshaw ever signed with UK if he didn’t think playing for Calpari with freshman teammates DJ Wagner, Edwards, Rob Dillingham and Reed Sheppard was not high profile enough for him. Makes you wonder how reports about Bradshaw’s “people” being concerned about his minutes and shots handcuff Calipari. Makes you wonder that even if Bradshaw stays at Kentucky what might happen if the season does not start out well for him personally.

This just looks like more off-court drama that Kentucky basketball does not need. Not sure what Calipari could do to prevent this since Bradshaw signed with Kentucky in November and has seemed all-in on being part of this No. 1 ranked recruiting class.

But even if Bradshaw stays on board with UK — and most seem to think he will — just knowing his “people” already have doubts about Kentucky is not a good thing.

Since the high school season ended it seems that Kentucky basketball signee Aaron Bradshaw has stayed in the headlines.

— The 7-1 center impressed everyone with his play at the McDonald’s All-American Game and showcased his outside shooting ability.

— He revealed that he wanted to play power forward, not center, at Kentucky and had the blessing of Kentucky coach John Calipari to do that.

But now comes speculation that Calipari and Kentucky fans certainly do not need. With Bronny James, the son of NBA superstar, committing to USC, rumors started that Bradshaw might renege on his commitment to UK and go play with James.

Bradshaw shares the same agency as LeBron and Bronny James — Klutch Sports. It’s the same agency Chris Livingston has and he put his name into the NBA Draft after one year at UK. It’s also the same agency representing UK signee Justin Edwards according to Kentucky Sports Radio’s Jack Pilgrim.

On WLAP Sunday Morning Sports Talk, Pilgrim insisted the Bradshaw to USC speculation had validity because of the marketing value those close to Bradshaw thought it could mean for him.

Bradshaw posted a picture of himself in a Kentucky uniform on social media Saturday but Pilgrim said that could be a smokescreen and he knew there was interest by some of Bradshaw’s “people” in having him play with Bronny James because of the attention he would get.

Makes you wonder why Bradshaw ever signed with UK if he didn’t think playing for Calpari with freshman teammates DJ Wagner, Edwards, Rob Dillingham and Reed Sheppard was not high profile enough for him. Makes you wonder how reports about Bradshaw’s “people” being concerned about his minutes and shots handcuff Calipari. Makes you wonder that even if Bradshaw stays at Kentucky what might happen if the season does not start out well for him personally.

This just looks like more off-court drama that Kentucky basketball does not need. Not sure what Calipari could do to prevent this since Bradshaw signed with Kentucky in November and has seemed all-in on being part of this No. 1 ranked recruiting class.

But even if Bradshaw stays on board with UK — and most seem to think he will — just knowing his “people” already have doubts about Kentucky is not a good thing.
Ridiculous information. Everybody trying make a buck etc.

That’s not based an anything we haven’t already heard. It’s also written like a buzzed blog post. Larry Vaught was never a Pulitzer Prize contender but he’s better than this.

Pull yourself together, Larry.

I thought we backed off Dick because it would make Bradshaw unhappy so which is it? Because we have not added anyone and keep losing guys.

We should have grabbed 3 of the portal guys by now and let who wants to bolt bolt. Ware was a good fit and a bunch if the others but their gone now. Derby has come and went it's May 9th. Let's go! After the last 4 horrible years endings Cal should be overloading this roster and covering every angle. Instead we are hoping the Freshman come and Oscar comes back even though Cal seems to not want him. This off season has only produced bad news so far. Good grief. We need a win or two or three.

I thought we backed off Dick because it would make Bradshaw unhappy so which is it? Because we have not added anyone and keep losing guys.

We should have grabbed 3 of the portal guys by now and let who wants to bolt bolt. Ware was a good fit and a bunch if the others but their gone now. Derby has come and went it's May 9th. Let's go! After the last 4 horrible years endings Cal should be overloading this roster and covering every angle. Instead we are hoping the Freshman come and Oscar comes back even though Cal seems to not want him. This off season has only produced bad news so far. Good grief. We need a win or two or three.
Wait, I thought he was turned off by our mid major facilities according to Kyle Tucker, the KSR dude and half of this board. Was it Bradshaw, our facilities, or NIL. Which one are we going with?

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat

Smokescreen

Do you work for The Atlantic or somebody? I don’t take you seriously as you post a lot of rumors but do wonder.

Last edited:
These writers are just trying to get views during the slow season. All these doofuses were also saying Dillingham wouldn’t be at UK.

The article is really not that bad. Yet, I'm not surprised the OP sensationalized it, given that he's not even a Kentucky fan.

He’s just summarizing what’s happened recently with Bradshaw …sensationalize lol ? …I for one appreciated it cause all the recent Bradshaw threads pages and pages of discussion when each new development came out … yeah did not read each one …I also thought Vaught was a longtime respected writer of UK basketball but I guess not .

Reactions: dl51344
He’s just summarizing what’s happened recently with Bradshaw …sensationalize lol ? …I for one appreciated it cause all the recent Bradshaw threads pages and pages of discussion when each new development came out … yeah did not read each one …I also thought Vaught was a longtime respected writer of UK basketball but I guess not .
But you had to write the bolded words Not Good. you do the same shit with your Shaedon Sharp threads

Once O and Reeves return and maybe even Livingston to go along with the Fab Five UK will be the odds on favorite to win #9 and that rubs alot of people the wrong way; thus the constant negative chatter.

Another “news story” that started as a rumor here, went to Twitter and eventually gets picked up by the media. We don’t just move the needle. We are the needle.
It came from Andrew Slater,Kyle Tucker and Jack Pilgrim.

I don't understand all the hand-wringing about Bradshaw. He is not a "make-or-break" player. If he chooses to leave, best of luck to him. If he chooses to stay, Great! It's time to get to work.

All the hand-wringing in the world isn't going to change the outcome. I can't imagine Bradshaw will get more exposure on the West coast than at UK. UK is a constant focus of the media. NIL money will be fine at UK...probably better than USC, but who really knows.

College basketball has always been a business. The players now have more power than ever before. If Bradshaw is guaranteed 20 shots per game and more NIL money than at UK, why wouldn't he choose USC? And, could you blame him? I, for one, don't want Calipari promising recruits or transfers anything about $$$ or playing time. So...que sera, sera.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I don't understand all the hand-wringing about Bradshaw. He is not a "make-or-break" player. If he chooses to leave, best of luck to him. If he chooses to stay, Great! It's time to get to work.

All the hand-wringing in the world isn't going to change the outcome. I can't imagine Bradshaw will get more exposure on the West coast than at UK. UK is a constant focus of the media. NIL money will be fine at UK...probably better than USC, but who really knows.

College basketball has always been a business. The players now have more power than ever before. If Bradshaw is guaranteed 20 shots per game and more NIL money than at UK, why wouldn't he choose USC? And, could you blame him? I, for one, don't want Calipari promising recruits or transfers anything about $$$ or playing time. So...que sera, sera.
Even if he isn’t a make or break player it’s a bad loss and could have cost us a transfer or recruit since we have been in on him for a long time .

I believe Cals "tripping over nickles " comment was directed at Bradshaw and at Dickenson. And future recruits looking to make quick NIL cash. But the long-term NBA contracts, UK is the place.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Even if he isn’t a make or break player it’s a bad loss
I would argue that Bradshaw going to USC isn't a "bad loss" for UK.

and could have cost us a transfer or recruit since we have been in on him for a long time .

How do you prevent a recruit from deciding somewhere else is a better fit? Currently, he is committed to UK. Do you recruit other 4/5 players for the possibility that Bradshaw decides to leave? The coaching staff pushed hard to persuade Dickinson to come to UK. It seems that the staff has reached out to Nelson and several other potential 4/5 players. What else can be done?

My personal opinion is that we need another 4 whether Bradshaw stays or goes. Maybe the staff has a chance to sign Holland (which is probably affected by Bradshaw being committed to UK currently). Maybe Nelson decides to return to college for another season and chooses UK. Those are possibilities. What I don't want Calipari to do is add bodies. I want players that can contribute when needed during games.

Reactions: jauk11
I would argue that Bradshaw going to USC isn't a "bad loss" for UK.

How do you prevent a recruit from deciding somewhere else is a better fit? Currently, he is committed to UK. Do you recruit other 4/5 players for the possibility that Bradshaw decides to leave? The coaching staff pushed hard to persuade Dickinson to come to UK. It seems that the staff has reached out to Nelson and several other potential 4/5 players. What else can be done?

My personal opinion is that we need another 4 whether Bradshaw stays or goes. Maybe the staff has a chance to sign Holland (which is probably affected by Bradshaw being committed to UK currently). Maybe Nelson decides to return to college for another season and chooses UK. Those are possibilities. What I don't want Calipari to do is add bodies. I want players that can contribute when needed during games.
That’s my entire point . I’m just saying it would suck if he leaves because it could have cost us a recruit . A recruit/transfer might have considered us had Bradshaw not been on the roster .

I’m not blaming the coaches I’m just saying if he left for USC I don’t see how it’s not seen as a bad thing this late in the game.

Reactions: docholiday51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT