ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the Room

calismyhero

Junior
Jan 16, 2010
Officiating. There should be a top tier set of officials calling this game. That’s not saying much considering some of the calls, non calls we’ve witnessed this year. I hope we have a game where we never even know they are on the field. Watched UT last week. Their secondary got away with a lot of holding, very physical beyond the LOS. You can bet they will be testing our young receivers playing them close and very physical. Tight ends for us could have a huge game. Rodriquez can have a big game. Our other backs, not so much. Our offense can score on that defense.

Just please don’t let this turn into a yellow flag festival. Guys will need to check themselves, keep their cool and let their play do the talking. Like to see them come out like they did against Louisville in 2018 I believe. Stoops didn’t need to say a word in pregame. He looked at them and he already knew.

Reactions: Plumbscott452
Officiating. There should be a top tier set of officials calling this game. That’s not saying much considering some of the calls, non calls we’ve witnessed this year. I hope we have a game where we never even know they are on the field. Watched UT last week. Their secondary got away with a lot of holding, very physical beyond the LOS. You can bet they will be testing our young receivers playing them close and very physical. Tight ends for us could have a huge game. Rodriquez can have a big game. Our other backs, not so much. Our offense can score on that defense.

Just please don’t let this turn into a yellow flag festival. Guys will need to check themselves, keep their cool and let their play do the talking. Like to see them come out like they did against Louisville in 2018 I believe. Stoops didn’t need to say a word in pregame. He looked at them and he already knew.
Officials suck but they won’t be the reason if Kentucky loses, Tennessee is good

1. The officials usually insert themselves into our games....so I don't come with high expectations
2. Here is what to watch for
- As you mentioned UT like pressure D and leaves DBs on an island. How many defensive holding calls/pass interference will they be flagged for
- Will UK get flagged for offensive holding will be critical as we struggle when behind the chains

The false starts, formations, etc...are fine. BUt it's the subjective calls that leave alot to be desired.

We are UK fans. We all have lived, either long or short, with crooked SEC refs favoring everyone but Vandy & sometimes Mizzou & USCjr over us. It is a fact of our football lives.
Did you ever think it might be because the coaching/players that are recruited and a long time history of never being successful might be due to those facts and not the referees. Really?

UK has never gotten a fair whistle in Knoxville, don't see that changing now. UK will have 12-15 penalties minimum, just figure on it. What bothers me more is stripes have declared open season on Levis and with TN's bounty hunters, they'll be out for blood. What can't happen is UK helping TN out with turnovers, missed tackles, etc.

UK has never gotten a fair whistle in Knoxville, don't see that changing now. UK will have 12-15 penalties minimum, just figure on it. What bothers me more is stripes have declared open season on Levis and with TN's bounty hunters, they'll be out for blood. What can't happen is UK helping TN out with turnovers, missed tackles, etc.
Ive read this a few times about Open Season on Levis. Care to elaborate on that?
Are you referring to the helmet to helmet no call on the 1st fumble at Ole Miss?

Ive read this a few times about Open Season on Levis. Care to elaborate on that?
Are you referring to the helmet to helmet no call on the 1st fumble at Ole Miss?
That, head to head that wasn't at UF....even tho Levis had a cut below his eye from the D's helmet hitting him in the face. Then the blatant late hit vs Miss St where Levis injured his shoulder, with the White Hat literally standing and staring at the play from 6 feet away. We get comments about how officials are protecting QBs. BS.

That, head to head that wasn't at UF....even tho Levis had a cut below his eye from the D's helmet hitting him in the face. Then the blatant late hit vs Miss St where Levis injured his shoulder, with the White Hat literally standing and staring at the play from 6 feet away. We get comments about how officials are protecting QBs. BS.
You’re right. In fact the hit on Levis at UF was so egregious that it drew a flag, then they monitor it and overturn the targeting penalty. What a croc errrr what a gator.

I am hearing that the officiating crew forgot their laptop at KSBar&Grille on Friday before the South Carolina game. Ryan Lemond was able to triangulate the encryption and install some proprietary spyware. If there were funny style communications between the SEC and UK-UT officials, it will be revealed on today’s show

It’s pretty pathetic to complain about officials before the game even begins. Jmo.
Yeah it sort of is....but it does have some merit looking at history.

- The nasty hits on Levis all year and I think he's drawn like 1 roughing penalty. The overturned targetting at Florida was about as ridiculous as it gets.
- Last year Tennessee game the facemask on last drive was about as SEC cooking as she gets.

If it's a close game, those mysterious holding calls that come from the ether, the grabbing of the WRs that seem to never get called, etc....we'll see what unfolds.

The offense holding calls against UK is what worries me the most. Holding can probably be called on every play the key will be when they are called. Watch for any big play UK makes and holding call brings it back

And the lack of on the other side. Refs missed two major holds on key sc plays and walker has been blatantly held all year.

The other key will be their procedure penalties that get missed due to tempo.

We’re gonna get the brother - James H. Carter Jr. Doubt he can read or write, but it’s a fact he can’t count to fo’. He’s the main one you have to wish away.

The sec will put out whichever officials follow orders the best
The networks and vegas / gambling sites will make tons of cash if both teams are undefeated going into next week.
Not that tons of money will not already be made but if they are both a zero loss could be the game of the year for vegas.

I hate Tennessee.... I just hate em.....

LOL......This is the perfect leader for your crybaby UK program.....already crying about penalties before the game even starts.....this is why UT fans don't take you guys seriously.

Reactions: CAFVOL
I’d like to have David Smith’s crew specifically. He played for Alabama.

Second choice be Steve Marlowe’s crew. None of them are awesome but it’s the lesser of Birmingham Evils.

It’s pretty pathetic to complain about officials before the game even begins. Jmo.
Take a look at some film then come back with that. Just in the last 5 years, we’ve received more apology phone calls on Monday morning than the rest of the league combined. And it’s not complaining when you state the obvious. Guarantee you we will be on fbs losing end of at least 3 mystery calls tomorrow..

• Haha
Reactions: warrior_SW
What can't happen is Stoops getting so red assed about a missed call on a 20 yard gain that the whole defense is watching the sideline for a play call and that old hooked snaps the ball at 36 seconds on play clock for 45 yard touchdown.

All about keeping cool and having a game plan. Can't be calling plays from sideline against this offense. We barely could against Ole miss and it bit us on some big chunk plays.

Reactions: thegasman54
I can understand why you would say this but considering the history of questionable calls at critical game moments over the previous decades ... maybe then you might not think it's so pathetic. It is pathetic that this very thing has happened consistently for so long. I hope we get a cleanly called game but that's not been the history. Expect to see any "close" calls at critical moments to go the way of UT. UK needs to win this game soundly to avoid this possibility.

LOL......This is the perfect leader for your crybaby UK program.....already crying about penalties before the game even starts.....this is why UT fans don't take you guys seriously.

Well hell ... if you want to get serious consider the well-known fact that the Vols are known plainly to be "low-down, dirty, and they some snitches" (a classic description of UT that will never die). That classic description of of UT/UT fans explains why you're even here. Do you seriously think anyone cares what you think? No one in BBN respects anything about UT or the UT program to give two shits what you think. The entire SEC, top to bottom, knows your program is low-class, no-class ... so not really caring about your opinion or attitude or whether "you" take us seriously. Seriously? It's not like we're trying to be best buds here ... we would have to respect you before that could ever happen ... and we don't.

LOL … when it comes to sports IQ, only the lowest of the lowest think officiating decides games. I’m not at all surprised that you are the poster who started this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT