ADVERTISEMENT

Dunkin manager kills 77 yr old customer

Age doesn't have shit to do with it. You don't physically or verbally attack a customer, regardless if they're 77 or 27. Same for the customer. Your age doesn't give you a pass to be an asshole to store employees. What should have happened here was the manager asking him to leave, and if he refused, call 911 and have him removed and banned from ever coming back.

Instead, we have a guy who paid with his life for being an asshole, and a guy who has turned his own (and others) life upside down for not keeping his cool. Neither should have happened.
Age may not grant you slack on being an asshole, but it certainly does matter in this case. It is a factor in calculating the unreasonable force used and the extremely poor decision to use it.

A 77 y/o man on average can't handle trauma as well as a younger person. The severity of a blow is magnified against the elderly thus increasing the amount of unreasonable force and the resulting outcome. The age of the 27 y/o attacker is also a factor considering youth allows him to deliver a more lethal punch.

I would expect age would be an important consideration in the court case, but I won't be surprised if race is made more important. Especially by a leftist judge who weighs the use of certain words the same or close to physical violence, which is complete regressive bullshit.

With the crazed focus on exacerbating divisive racial tensions, I'm afraid this kind of nonsense is only going to get worse. And nothing positive, helpful, or constructive is going to come from it.

Reactions: rudd1
Is a guy that killed his wife really worthy of being on the top 10 list?? Seems like there should be more than 10 people with higher body counts.
#11 was another Hispanic and India wasn’t well represented so likely a diversity measure. Women sure don’t seem to be getting much love either. Misogynist top ten voters. Seems like something else is missing but I can’t quite put my finger on it...lol.

This whole new crop of top 10 criminals is really disappointing. Kind of a down year for murderers.

I can’t quite understand why this little angel isn’t featured prominently anywhere on the website... can’t quite put my finger on it.

Cop killing Mama Openly Living in Cuba after fleeing prison/life term in 1979

Shakur joined the Black Liberation Army (BLA), an offshoot whose members were inspired by the Vietcong and the Algerian independence fighters of the Battle of Algiers. They mounted a campaign of guerilla activities against the U.S. government, using such tactics as planting bombs, holding up banks, and murdering drug dealers and police.[18][19][20]

Last edited:
So you believe in your heart that the murderer is actually telling the truth? I’m not sure of how many hundreds of these incidents you may have read about online or in the paper but there seems to be a common theme-The murderer usually lies about having been called anything remotely racist.

another scenario that keeps coming up time after time: A black NFL player does something egregious on the football field to a white player only to realize afterwards nobody would excuse such horrible behavior- player takes the lowest possible of low roads trying to reconcile his behavior ‘I heard him call me an N word’. It’s comical and nobody believes it. The one thing that you can be sure of is that it was a racially motivated incident at the outset by the aggressor. I mean really how often in contemporary society is the reverse true?
What the actual touch did you not understand about what I said?

Age may not grant you slack on being an asshole, but it certainly does matter in this case. It is a factor in calculating the unreasonable force used and the extremely poor decision to use it.

A 77 y/o man on average can't handle trauma as well as a younger person. The severity of a blow is magnified against the elderly thus increasing the amount of unreasonable force and the resulting outcome. The age of the 27 y/o attacker is also a factor considering youth allows him to deliver a more lethal punch.

I would expect age would be an important consideration in the court case, but I won't be surprised if race is made more important. Especially by a leftist judge who weighs the use of certain words the same or close to physical violence, which is complete regressive bullshit.

With the crazed focus on exacerbating divisive racial tensions, I'm afraid this kind of nonsense is only going to get worse. And nothing positive, helpful, or constructive is going to come from it.

You don't verbally or physically threaten employees regardless of their age or race, and you don't verbally or physically threaten customers regardless of there age or race. It really is that simple.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
You don't verbally or physically threaten employees regardless of their age or race, and you don't verbally or physically threaten customers regardless of there age or race. It really is that simple.
Of course. That simple part is obvious. But from some of the replies in this thread, the deeper part that lies beneath the surface is not.

The one that tries to equate words to violence and wants to criminalize speech. It's already happening in other countries, and it's not limited to racial slurs. It's like the doctrine of a church and church leaders decide what you can't say.

Reactions: warrior-cat
The one that tries to equate words to violence and wants to criminalize speech. It's already happening in other countries, and it's not limited to racial slurs. It's like the doctrine of a church and church leaders decide what you can't say.
Well said. The criminalization and all out assault on free speech in this country is as fundamentally un-American as you can get. "Free Speech" by definition must protect unpopular or even inflammatory speech as there is no need to protect popular speech. Of all people, comedians are sounding the alarm the loudest with guys like Bill Maher and Bill Burr going all out to criticize what is going on.

The far left and the far right are what the problem is. They're in a death spiral fighting each other and what each doesn't understand is that the further the right goes into supporting guys like Trump then the stronger they make the far left and vice-versa.

Until the country gets back to understanding the middle is important and that compromise is the basis of democracy then it will only get worse. The right has to police the right and the left has to police the left, it doesn't work when the right is picking their most outrageous flame thrower and the left is treating people like Al Sharpton as legitimate political voices.

• Love
Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
Well said. The criminalization and all out assault on free speech in this country is as fundamentally un-American as you can get. "Free Speech" by definition must protect unpopular or even inflammatory speech as there is no need to protect popular speech. Of all people, comedians are sounding the alarm the loudest with guys like Bill Maher and Bill Burr going all out to criticize what is going on.

The far left and the far right are what the problem is. They're in a death spiral fighting each other and what each doesn't understand is that the further the right goes into supporting guys like Trump then the stronger they make the far left and vice-versa.

Until the country gets back to understanding the middle is important and that compromise is the basis of democracy then it will only get worse. The right has to police the right and the left has to police the left, it doesn't work when the right is picking their most outrageous flame thrower and the left is treating people like Al Sharpton as legitimate political voices.
Bullshit. The right is not the side pushing for "hate speech" laws. It's the "progressive" leftists who are attacking the constitution, and if you were honest and objective you would admit it. Democrats sit by and let their party be overtaken by radicals.

The outsider Trump may have been abrasive, but he fully supported the constitution, including the 1st Amendment. Of course he was banned from Facebook and Twitter, part of the leftist media empire. I think it was for "violent speech".

You guys need to pull your head of of the sand.

Bullshit. The right is not the side pushing for "hate speech" laws. It's the "progressive" leftists who are attacking the constitution, and if you were honest and objective you would admit it. Democrats sit by and let their party be overtaken by radicals.

The outsider Trump may have been abrasive, but he fully supported the constitution, including the 1st Amendment. Of course he was banned from Facebook and Twitter, part of the leftist media empire. I think it was for "violent speech".

You guys need to pull your head of of the sand.
I'm not going to get into a political back-and-forth as there simply is no point in it. The current Republican Party is the most dangerous organization in human history. They are eating away at the foundation of democracy because demographically they are no longer relevant in national political races. They've lost the popular vote by huge margins in every election in the last 30 years except one so they are operating under a plan of widespread voter suppression in a desperate attempt to stay relevant nationally, and if that doesn't work they seriously are tinkering with secessionist options.

On my side the far left is a huge problem and I am criticizing them and their lunacy as well. The whole BLM movement is a sham led by race baiting hucksters like Al Sharpton who MSNBC outrageously gave an entire hour in prime time to.

But the far right Trumpers are what is empowering the far left just as the far left lunatics are what you Trumpers feed off of. It's a death spiral and I'm not convinced their is a way out of it.

What I am sure of is I no longer want any part of it. Any attempt at political discourse in this country has been lost so I really don't see any point in discussing it further.

Reactions: J_Dee
I'm not going to get into a political back-and-forth as there simply is no point in it. The current Republican Party is the most dangerous organization in human history. They are eating away at the foundation of democracy because demographically they are no longer relevant in national political races. They've lost the popular vote by huge margins in every election in the last 30 years except one so they are operating under a plan of widespread voter suppression in a desperate attempt to stay relevant nationally, and if that doesn't work they seriously are tinkering with secessionist options.

On my side the far left is a huge problem and I am criticizing them and their lunacy as well. The whole BLM movement is a sham led by race baiting hucksters like Al Sharpton who MSNBC outrageously gave an entire hour in prime time to.

But the far right Trumpers are what is empowering the far left just as the far left lunatics are what you Trumpers feed off of. It's a death spiral and I'm not convinced their is a way out of it.

What I am sure of is I no longer want any part of it. Any attempt at political discourse in this country has been lost so I really don't see any point in discussing it further.
The establishment Republicans are anti-American globalist shit$tains just like the current democrats.

Trump is the middle. He is abrasive, but his policies worked! He had to fight the establishment including those in his own party throughout his presidency. And he never backed down.

Trump is the Republican party now. He may not run in 2024, but his America First policies will be the focus. If he doesn't run, I'm hoping for Ron DeSantis. I just hope this puppet being led by the regressive radicals doesn't keep up the current pace of failures. Seems like there's another EO coming out daily. And they called Trump a dictator. Jesus.

The establishment Republicans are anti-American globalist shit$tains just like the current democrats.

Trump is the middle. He is abrasive, but his policies worked! He had to fight the establishment including those in his own party throughout his presidency. And he never backed down.

Trump is the Republican party now. He may not run in 2024, but his America First policies will be the focus. If he doesn't run, I'm hoping for Ron DeSantis. I just hope this puppet being led by the regressive radicals doesn't keep up the current pace of failures. Seems like there's another EO coming out daily. And they called Trump a dictator. Jesus.
Equal opposite reaction. The more you push for lunatics on your side the more lunatics on my side come into power.

Seeks moderation and move democracy forward in slow cautious steps right down the middle. The more you want to burn it all down the more you hand ammunition to the very people you despise.

Equal opposite reaction. The more you push for lunatics on your side the more lunatics on my side come into power.

Seeks moderation and move democracy forward in slow cautious steps right down the middle. The more you want to burn it all down the more you hand ammunition to the very people you despise.
Who do you have in mind that will stand against the corrupt establishment, the leftist media, and all of the institutions they control?

Who do you have in mind that will stand against the corrupt establishment, the leftist media, and all of the institutions they control?
Us. By rejecting extremism and going back to good common sense compromise and moderate candidates on both sides. The essence of Democracy is compromise. You don't get everything you want and I don't get everything I want. We figure something out that works instead of trying to light the person across the isle from you on fire. It is not as satisfying as being an extreme, but in your daily life you could insist on extremism and it might feel great to tell your boss to kiss your arse but you know the consequences of accommodating your primal urges in favor of simple common sense. Same for politics. Stop indulging your most base desires and aim a little higher.

Us. By rejecting extremism and going back to good common sense compromise and moderate candidates on both sides. The essence of Democracy is compromise. You don't get everything you want and I don't get everything I want. We figure something out that works instead of trying to light the person across the isle from you on fire. It is not as satisfying as being an extreme, but in your daily life you could insist on extremism and it might feel great to tell your boss to kiss your arse but you know the consequences of accommodating your primal urges in favor of simple common sense. Same for politics. Stop indulging your most base desires and aim a little higher.
Agree. But not likely to happen. The media has to be more impartial, and do their job regardless of politics party. Right now the media is another arm of the Democrat Party. Nothing g will change till they change

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I agree 100% that the media is a gigantic problem because under the guise of a public service they are pursuing ratings and money and they cater to their respective audiences accordingly but yet still enjoy Constitutional protection in how they operate. Freedom of the Press was a bargain between the United States and private organizations ostensibly to provide an essential service to the public. When you poison that with greed and agendas then it becomes a raw deal for all of us.

Some things need to exist outside the rigor of Capitalism and not serve as pure moneymaking enterprises because the competition for profit poisons their essential purpose. We are not served by the press chasing ratings and money. We need them to keep us informed. Same thing with healthcare. We shouldn't have our health be a commodity for Wall Street hucksters. People need medicine to live in many cases, so you can't have some greedy ahole dangling that over their heads and marking their prescriptions up 5000%.

Also, on both sides, churches receive a complete pass on taxes but they are operating headlong as political operations. Any church that is operating as a faux political organization should have its tax exemptions stripped away.

Clearly you aren’t over the top, or unreasonable...SMH.

Almighty Lord of Z, I'm afraid this thread is on borrowed time with this direction, and that would be a shame.

I'd really love to address your naiveté and flaws in detail to this wider oblivious audience, but that approach is rarely allowed here. Please post your holy wisdom on the Political thread.

Reactions: UK till Death
I wonder if we can get any of our resident progtards to disagree with this. 🤔
They're not able to rationally explain their sick, twisted beliefs. They'd rather just make it not PC to talk about it so they can continue their destruction of society unopposed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT