ADVERTISEMENT

Dunkin manager kills 77 yr old customer

30 years in jail is a long time to feel good about teaching a harmless old man not to insult someone. You're right. No self control anymore. We're taught by example to retaliate with crazy unnecessary force. See it all day, everyday, on YouTube, tv, etc
30 years is the max. After his family and friends talk about what a great man he is and plead for a soft time, he'll get 10 years and be up for probation in 4-5.

I see it both ways.

Don’t kill people.
Don’t insult someone’s race because you’re mad about coffee.

I wasn’t there, so I will have to take the news report at face value.

If there wasn’t a slur, manager man deserves the maximum sentence. If there was a slur, old dude played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

In my idea of civilized society, words are not justification to assault or kill a person. Racial slurs are no better excuse for violence than any other "slurs" or language since everybody can have a different idea of what is offensive.

The manager should have asked the old man to leave and called the police if he didn't.

The elderly are living on borrowed time and they know it so they like to push it. To go one step further than they should. The old man was itching for a fight and he got one. What was he going to do anyway, eat his donut and go back home and enjoy his back, knees, elbows, and hips hurting all night? The way I look at it the guy did him a favor. He let the old man go out on his shield instead of groveling in some smarmy old age home for more oatmeal in his next batch of gruel. In the old guy's mind he probably thought he was Sparticus leading the great Dunkin Donuts uprising so I'm glad he had his moment.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Was thinking that same thing. The media getting the story from the Dunkin employees won't be one bit biased im sure. And what do you know, he used racial slurs. Couldn't have given a better excuse for these times.
Yeah, mainly because I’ve seen this used every single time they get caught assaulting someone. Remember last year when a group beat up a Macy’s employee? That was their claim. Guy assaulting an Asian guy on the subway? That was the claim.

Even stuff like Myles Garrett and Marcus Smart- it’s always the claim because it’s a way to shield from accountability and play the victim.

The elderly are living on borrowed time and they know it so they like to push it. To go one step further than they should. The old man was itching for a fight and he got one. What was he going to do anyway, eat his donut and go back home and enjoy his back, knees, elbows, and hips hurting all night? The way I look at it the guy did him a favor. He let the old man go out on his shield instead of groveling in some smarmy old age home for more oatmeal in his next batch of gruel. In the old guy's mind he probably thought he was Sparticus leading the great Dunkin Donuts uprising so I'm glad he had his moment.
i’m ****ing dead

Sheesh. I'm 77 years old myself and now I learn this about myself. What a bummer.
dce4rpr-3fdd58ef-770f-4d4c-9dfb-2ab552c0b65b.png

I mean, it is and should be a crime to hit somebody and if your criminal act kills somebody you're absolutely criminally liable for manslaughter. But the old guy definitely was asking for it. If I'm asked to leave an establishment and instead go inside and start yelling at the manager and telling him I f***ed his mother in the ass, and still I'm just asked to leave, and instead I keep yelling at him about how I f***ed his mother in the ass, I can't say I'm not asking to get hit. Same deal.
He was the manager of the toilets scraping shit in between defecation events. An asshole of this magnitude who can’t control emotions probably can’t count change much less manage the store. Just more lies trying to prop up a violent criminal.

This is an instance of a very low functioning human with terrible impulse control seeking out a weak target. He was agitated over something completely unrelated to this senior citizen and only after he made a horrible decision did he offer the ‘didn’t do nuffin’ defense as ‘YT called me so many racial slang terms and I just couldn’t take it anymore and was traumatized’. Total bullshit. I’m sorry you have the values you apparently hold being ok with hate crimes...AGAINST 77 YEAR OLDS??? This victim most likely was treading very lightly around an extreme threat to their well-being. Anyway it looks like he’s going off to college now for the rest of his life... ‘syrup or jelly for that asshole son?’

Last edited:
Things we can learn from this....

For customers...

* Just because you purchased a service or product doesn't mean you get to berate (especially when you go out of your way to do it, like this asshole did) store employees because you aren't satisfied with your product or service.

* If you are dissatisfied, politely explain your complaint to an employee. If the employee can't resolve your complaint, ask for a manager. If the manager can't resolve it, contact the regional franchise office.

* DO NOT verbally or physically attack any store employee.

For employees/management...

* Patiently listen to any complaint. If it's beyond your authority to resolve it, get a manager.

* If you're a manager and can't resolve the complaint, give them the contact information of the regional office.

* If a customer is belligerent, ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, call 911 or other security if you have it, and ban them from the premises.

* DO NOT verbally or physically attack any customer unless the customer is trying to physically harm you.

How touching hard is it for people to understand these simple rules?

When fighting old people it's best to just feint and jab around and wait for them to tire out. Then, at your leisure, you can move in for the guillotine choke. Always a good idea to work the legs, too.

I mean, it is and should be a crime to hit somebody and if your criminal act kills somebody you're absolutely criminally liable for manslaughter. But the old guy definitely was asking for it. If I'm asked to leave an establishment and instead go inside and start yelling at the manager and telling him I f***ed his mother in the ass, and still I'm just asked to leave, and instead I keep yelling at him about how I f***ed his mother in the ass, I can't say I'm not asking to get hit. Same deal.
I f**ked your mother in the a$$. Now what?

• Haha
Reactions: ganner918
I keep this card in my wallet, retrieve it quickly and tell them to read it before this goes any further:

"Any person who shall commit an assault and battery upon a person sixty (60) years of age or older, causing bodily injury, shall be deemed to have committed a felony and shall be imprisoned not exceeding five (5) years, or fined not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or both."

*Then, while they are reading it, I kick them in the nuts and run. Works every time.

Things we can learn from this....

For customers...

* Just because you purchased a service or product doesn't mean you get to berate (especially when you go out of your way to do it, like this asshole did) store employees because you aren't satisfied with your product or service.

* If you are dissatisfied, politely explain your complaint to an employee. If the employee can't resolve your complaint, ask for a manager. If the manager can't resolve it, contact the regional franchise office.

* DO NOT verbally or physically attack any store employee.

For employees/management...

* Patiently listen to any complaint. If it's beyond your authority to resolve it, get a manager.

* If you're a manager and can't resolve the complaint, give them the contact information of the regional office.

* If a customer is belligerent, ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, call 911 or other security if you have it, and ban them from the premises.

* DO NOT verbally or physically attack any customer unless the customer is trying to physically harm you.

How touching hard is it for people to understand these simple rules?
The customer was 77. How about *Dont physically attack someone thats 77 years old and use the excuse of "he called me a bad word".

The customer was 77. How about *Dont physically attack someone thats 77 years old and use the excuse of "he called me a bad word".
Thank you. Bad up bringing. I was taught to show respect to women and elders, no excuses. Don’t care what name you are called, you have to show more restraint than that thug did. And yea, physically assaulting a 77 year old is thuggish.

Reactions: UK till Death
Age doesn't have shit to do with it. You don't physically or verbally attack a customer, regardless if they're 77 or 27. Same for the customer. Your age doesn't give you a pass to be an asshole to store employees. What should have happened here was the manager asking him to leave, and if he refused, call 911 and have him removed and banned from ever coming back.

Instead, we have a guy who paid with his life for being an asshole, and a guy who has turned his own (and others) life upside down for not keeping his cool. Neither should have happened.

When fighting old people it's best to just feint and jab around and wait for them to tire out. Then, at your leisure, you can move in for the guillotine choke. Always a good idea to work the legs, too.
My job requires that I’m not allowed to inflict extreme violence on elderly people. However, there is the option of mental torture, which is more of a gray area. Protocol is usually:

-for incorrigible white patients with battery powered rascals, simply yank the battery and rotate marathon viewings of What’s happening, Good Times, Gimmee a Break, Jefferson’s, and 227.

-for incorrigible black patients with battery powered rascals, simply yank the battery and rotate marathon viewings of Newhart, The Waltons, Bill Dance fishing series, Mamas Family, and Mr. Belvedere

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Z
Age doesn't have shit to do with it. You don't physically or verbally attack a customer, regardless if they're 77 or 27. Same for the customer. Your age doesn't give you a pass to be an asshole to store employees. What should have happened here was the manager asking him to leave, and if he refused, call 911 and have him removed and banned from ever coming back.

Instead, we have a guy who paid with his life for being an asshole, and a guy who has turned his own (and others) life upside down for not keeping his cool. Neither should have happened.
So you believe in your heart that the murderer is actually telling the truth? I’m not sure of how many hundreds of these incidents you may have read about online or in the paper but there seems to be a common theme-The murderer usually lies about having been called anything remotely racist.

another scenario that keeps coming up time after time: A black NFL player does something egregious on the football field to a white player only to realize afterwards nobody would excuse such horrible behavior- player takes the lowest possible of low roads trying to reconcile his behavior ‘I heard him call me an N word’. It’s comical and nobody believes it. The one thing that you can be sure of is that it was a racially motivated incident at the outset by the aggressor. I mean really how often in contemporary society is the reverse true?

Last edited:
My job requires that I’m not allowed to inflict extreme violence on elderly people. However, there is the option of mental torture, which is more of a gray area. Protocol is usually:

-for incorrigible white patients with battery powered rascals, simply yank the battery and rotate marathon viewings of What’s happening, Good Times, Gimmee a Break, Jefferson’s, and 227.

-for incorrigible black patients with battery powered rascals, simply yank the battery and rotate marathon viewings of Newhart, The Waltons, Bill Dance fishing series, Mamas Family, and Mr. Belvedere

Or ... make us old white guys listen to the entire Hip Hop's All-Time Greatest Hits CD.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyFaninNC
Sadly, you are incorrect. "Asking for it" is not acceptable, morally or legal, for physically assaulting anyone.

30+ years ago, maybe...not today though.

How do we know the manager didnt coax him inside to punch his lights out?

I'm just not buying a 77 yr old man parking his car to go inside to call the suspect the N word and look for a fight. I guarantee theres another side to this, that we'll never know about.

How do we know the manager didnt coax him inside to punch his lights out?

I'm just not buying a 77 yr old man parking his car to go inside to call the suspect the N word and look for a fight. I guarantee theres another side to this, that we'll never know about.
Occam’s Razor applies in this situation. The slaughtered could not be reached for comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louis_Skunt
I see it both ways.

Don’t kill people.
Don’t insult someone’s race because you’re mad about coffee.

I wasn’t there, so I will have to take the news report at face value.

If there wasn’t a slur, manager man deserves the maximum sentence. If there was a slur, old dude played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
Still should not have killed him for it.

Man was/is coward. If it had been a man in his early years he would have tucked his tail and stayed behind the counter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT